• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Brito's Pepper Plantation

Here are the pods from that white Cumari flower :)
Cumar-Gigante-Fruto.jpg

This is the pod near to be ripe.
Cumar-Gigante-Fruto-3.jpg

This is the same pod already ripe three days after.

Jacob and Chris,
Cool my friends, I believe I will be sending for you some seeds of Cumarí not in this next week but in the next other, just be patient :cool:

That is fine, Brito. No hurry, just when you are able to if fine. It will be next season before I can start them.

jacob

Hey Brito,

Some very beautiful looking flower pictures there my friend, hope you keep them coming. A joy to view when it is cold and miserable over here.
I’m sure it will be exciting to watch the little Peppers grow up for you.

Also a great grow list, will be an interesting year for you.

Micca

Hi Micca,
Long time not talking guy, how are ya?
Yes my friend the cold is our enemy but here in Brazil it is not so hard :cool:
Thank you for the good words and for sure I intend to have a good growing season this year :lol:
Take care :cool: :)

Hello friends,
here is a little bit from my plantation of this last weekend.
I have planted many kid of Rocoto but unfortunately I do not know the name of this girls, maybe someone can help me to identify the right name :cool:
See the pics below :cool: :)
Rocoto-uma-outra-espcie.jpg

Rocoto-Detalhe.jpg

Rocoto.jpg

A-mesma-Rocoto.jpg

Rocoto-outra-espcie.jpg

Brito, it's nearly impossible to correctly ID a Rocoto (pubescens) as they are quite similar across many varieties. The only definitive one I know of is PI 387838 (Locoto). it's smaller podded that most. Well, actually there's one more called Giant Rocoto from Milan from John Fiedler...very distinct bottom to the pod (caved in) and very large. Nonetheless, the pods looks gorgeous. Congratulations!!

Chris

Brito, did you ever get my PM on my offer to send heirloom tomato varieties? Just let me know if you'd like to try them. They are worth it.

Chris

[quote name='Brito's Pepper' date='06 July 2010 - 07:02 AM' timestamp='1278370938' post='357588']
Hi Micca,
Long time not talking guy, how are ya?
Yes my friend the cold is our enemy but here in Brazil it is not so hard :cool:
Thank you for the good words and for sure I intend to have a good growing season this year :lol:
Take care :cool: :)
[/quote]

I'm going very well thanks.
Hey nice and colourful harvest happening there too Brito :cool:

Take care also my friend

Micca

Chris, thank you for the information, I have already noticed that it would be a little bit difficult to identify these girls :(
I have a Portuguese chillihead friend named Jorge Lopes that maybe he knows some of them because he is a lover of Rocoto peppers, I will ask him about that ;)
I'm just right now preparing some Wild True Cumari seeds to send to you, this time will be only this one and maybe next week if I get one more very rare Wild Giant Cumari riped, I will be sending to you and Vladan, I will be posting this true cumari tomorrow. ;)
Yes guy, I recieved your PM but, I could not replay before sending you some pepper seeds :D
For sure I want that tomato seeds ;)
Take care my friend :)

thank you very much brito! in hopes of giving seeds back eventually, i will try to grow them to my very best. =D

Thanks again Brito. Again, if I ever have anything you want to try, just let me know and it will be on its way.

jacob

Back