food Burgers? Hell Yeah!!

dang Lenny that looks great. maybe ill skip the whole burger 21 experience and just keep driving down to Miami.

oh check out the shake of the month from burger 21. i posted the link a couple posts ago.

Sic you and you lovely wife are welcome here any time, you know that!!!

I don't do milkshakes, though, so you gotta bring your own. 

Dang Fitty!

That burger is sparking all my neural receptors.

'Specially that french O dip.

Brilliantsky!

Sic I got yer' shake right here....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rYMABAPmlg

anyone do custom meat grinds at home?
Dry aged/ wet aged combo's ?

Well,you really should
There must be "pink" or its just over cooked gray matter"hamburger"

TNKS said:
anyone do custom meat grinds at home?
Dry aged/ wet aged combo's ?

Well,you really should
There must be "pink" or its just over cooked gray matter"hamburger"

I often grind my own chuck.

Once ground the onliest thangs that touch the meat are an ice cream scoop, a hotass cast iron pan, and a steel spatula.

I respectfully disagree about lack of color as a fail factor when cooking burgers.

I am inclined to say you are correct when it comes to flame grilled or broiled burgers.

Flat top griddle or cast iron and smash technique burger is the sheeit.

Hear me now, 'bleed me later...but no seriously.

You have to try it for yourself.

Looky here through this threads pages and you'll have an idee what I mean.

As per aged beef I'm not completely sold. 

The flavor profile is different and more mineral and earthy which is ideal for steaks but when I done it

grinding dry aged ribeye (6 weeks, and cost me about $30 bucks for that steak) I didna' reckon that the difference 

in age and cut was enough to justify the price.

I prefer just regular ole' chuck at a little plus or minus 80/20, and even that ratio is not set in stone for me.

I've smashed burgers with store bought ground beef that was 90/10 and had great results.

In the end, I just love a dadgum hamburger.

This is a great place to be.

Posty your burger all up in here!

Walla Walla,shroom,cheddar burger.  I grew the onions,I grew the mushrooms, I made the buns and I ground the meat. Grind was brisket,short rib, ny sirloin and a couple cloves of garlic. Sauteed the onions and mushrooms in a little evo.  I added fresh rosemary and my own onion powder to the rolls. Thick slice of boars head cheddar, because everything is better with cheddar. crappy pics- but crazy good  :cheers:
Back-
IMG_2442_zps6bf83456.jpg

to front-
IMG_2439_zps707c1dc5.jpg

buns  :beer:
buns_zps0ae9b16b.jpg

Nice TB. I want

The last and only attempt I had doing salmon burgers didn't work out so well. They were super mushy and added no contrast to the bread and the other stuff. Barely held their form. Was not good. Maybe I need to try adding oats

Yeah HTH, salmon lacks the fat content of say beef, so need eggs and breadcrumbs/oats/other to add texture and 

hold the whole 'thang together. 

Too wet or too dry will result in them falling apart.

One thang that helps is to mix ever thang up, shape your patty's, and then toss 'em in the fridge for an hour and they 

firm up nicely.

texas blues said:

Too wet or too dry will result in them falling apart.

One thang that helps is to mix ever thang up, shape your patty's, and then toss 'em in the fridge for an hour and they 

firm up nicely.
Very same rule for perfect crabcakes!

Just ordered up some ground wagyu for our BBQ comp this weekend.  I will post up pics in Sunday.  Wagyu slider with blue cheese and a red wine fig and onion chutney will be our entry for chef's choice.  

cypresshill1973 said:
Nice TB!!! I would like to try it, so I'll have to make my own burgers salmon.

Y'all are big on beef as we know.

Please educate us on the fish market stuff y'all have available.

What are typical fish to find there?

Back