• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Burgers? Hell Yeah!!

Hey y'all looking through the sacred THP scrolls it is apparent that most awesome of foods is sorely neglected. That's right chidren's, I'm talkin' about BURGERS!! Sliders. Pub burgers. Fast food style burgers. Gastro burgers. Cheffy burgers. CHEESEBURGERS!!! Single and double meat. Triple meat. Extreme burgers. Man vs. Food burgers....the list is endless but y'all get the idea.

We won't go into the endless arguments of who created the first hamburger (Fletcher Davis) or what meat qualifies as a burger. Nonetheless....here are the rules for posting in this soon to be awesome thread:

1. Any meat goes. Beef, chicken, pork, lamb, rat, fish. Whatever, hunt it down and kill it with a knife. Its all good and I've included the options other than the traditional beef so all the kids can play in the pool. If its ground and round, its all good.

2. The damn 'thang has to be between 2 slices of bread or bun. White bread. Brioche. Sourdough. English muffin. Whole wheat. Its got to be bready. No wrap crap or wild pizza dough like chingaderra's.

3. Any cooking method goes. Grilled. Broiled. Griddled. Steamed. Deep fried. Zippo lighter.

4. Because I love to ridicule to no end tree hugging granola wimps and hippy's.....
Veggie burgers are all good. Just be prepared for the woe and gnashing of teeth and smack talk that will soon come if you post it. It will be all in fun and all good.

5. You suck at cooking? The only thing that would suck more is if you posted pics of your restaurant burger. For the sake of keeping the comedy rolling...
Any burger you didn't cook or you bought is allowed and is all good. Warning: while allowed, posting pics of BK burgers or their ilk with a splash of tabasco will bring upon you the most ridicule and insults. Even more than a veggie burger!

6. Chile's and/or hotsauce is mandatory on the burger. ON the burger, no crap on the side.

7. Pics are mandatory. No posting about a burger you made or ate without pics. You will suffer extreme ridicule and experience much loathing. Just don't do it.

8. Include a list of condiments and toppings. Mayo. Mustard. Onions. Cheese. Extract of male baboon spermatazoa. Whatever. Post it.

There it is y'all. Can you get down brown with it? Allrighty then...

RELEASE THE KRAKEN!

Here's mine. Sliders. 80/20 ground chuck from Matador Meat Market, Frisco, Tx. Cooked over fine diced yellow onions in cast iron using the smash technique. Toasted Pepperidge Farm slider buns with mustard, the onions, dill pickle and jalapeno pickle slices. Kraft brand American Plastic Cheese.

IMG_3447.jpg

Adult beverages are encouraged in the pics but not mandatory. Dig that awesome cast iron crust sear!

IMG_3448.jpg

So bring on your burgers. And that means those damn Aussie's and their stinkin' beet root too!!

SmokenFire said:
Grass fed beef, carmelized onions, bacon, white cheddar.  Topped with a dollop of habanero mustard I made based on a recipe found here.  Yummy for the tummy.   :)

11b3mh3.jpg
bacon, cheddar, caramelized onions is my go to burger! very nice 

Cali Pan-Asian Fusion Burgers ...

Backstory: http://thehotpepper.com/index.php?/topic/51319-%3D%5B-grill-grantmichaels%2C-grill-%5D%3D/page__view__findpost__p__1127682

Here we go ...

Much Benton's bacon fat was used in production ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425600052.584451.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425600075.469612.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425600085.504291.jpg

Flipped and Searzall'd some cave-aged (lol, yes) gruyere on them ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425600139.990250.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425600209.193238.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425600221.627193.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425600231.361289.jpg

I ate them both, and yes, I feel a bit guilty about it ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425600282.497107.jpg

I cut the first for a picture, but after eating it, I REALLY wanted to wield a whole-boy ... so I did.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425600291.532355.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425600355.084924.jpg

So damn good, but I think I'm only allowed an apple still tonight!

f**k the apple get another burger.

guilty or not,they look dope.  very nice. Keep them coming. I need some of these burgers./briskets/roast/whatnot. You mkaing me all meat envy.

Awesome!!!!!!

2132.jpg

grantmichaels said:
Cali Pan-Asian Fusion Burgers ...Backstory: http://thehotpepper.com/index.php?/topic/51319-%3D[-grill-grantmichaels%2C-grill-]%3D/page__view__findpost__p__1127682Here we go ...Much Benton's bacon fat was used in production ...
attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425600052.584451.jpg
attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425600075.469612.jpg
attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425600085.504291.jpgFlipped and Searzall'd some cave-aged (lol, yes) gruyere on them ...
attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425600139.990250.jpg
attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425600209.193238.jpg
attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425600221.627193.jpg
attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425600231.361289.jpgI ate them both, and yes, I feel a bit guilty about it ...
attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425600282.497107.jpgI cut the first for a picture, but after eating it, I REALLY wanted to wield a whole-boy ... so I did.
attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425600291.532355.jpg
attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425600355.084924.jpgSo damn good, but I think I'm only allowed an apple still tonight!
Daaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!! :) (BURP) excuse me :) ate those with my eyes
images-10.jpeg

Saturday's brisket is kind of the end of the spree ...

I'm about to embark on the Asian cuisine express, and there's going to be a lot of soup and salad once it warms up (which, it seems to have, yeah?) ... have to go back to losing some weight!

Spring's here. Soups and colds salads, beer and cocktails and gardening, I think I'm going to spend more time posting stuff for web stores and garden automation systems for pepper-related businesses, than food ...

I mean, I'm sure I'll still post some grub, but it's time to scratch another itch ...

GM I'd rate that in one of the top ten posts in this thread without a doubt.

Having said that, that burger has some weirdness goin' on what with the panini press et.al.

Sure I'm one to talk right?

That last pic is killin' so no denying its awesomenessesess.

But still I can't put my finger on exactly what the weirdness is.

But its weird.

Like this sheeit.

I can't help it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBmIoUO7_Gc

GM I'd rate that in one of the top ten posts in this thread without a doubt.

Having said that, that burger has some weirdness goin' on what with the panini press et.al.

Sure I'm one to talk right?

That last pic is killin' so no denying its awesomenessesess.

But still I can't put my finger on exactly what the weirdness is.

But its weird.

Like this sheeit.

I can't help it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBmIoUO7_Gc

I got you.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425620292.073688.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425620312.990718.jpg

Next time.

DRINK!

grantmichaels said:
I have a few lodge, but I never use them ... and I hate maintaining them.

You sir are a SINNER of the highest resort and should be pubichaired with 

extreme prejudice.

You have a panini press for burgers but won't use cast iron?

Guards! Seize him!!!!

extreme prejudice.

Guards! Seize him!!!!

When I let go, I'll happily send them to you ...

We eat 90% of our food out of the le creuset and the wok ...

The heat retention and ease of care combo is a nice trade-off imho ...

Looking forward to doing some filet in it ;)

texas blues said:

extreme prejudice.

Guards! Seize him!!!!

"pubichaired"...

What idiot came up with that?

I kinda' like that term but have no fucking idea what it means.

"Pubichaired"... sounds like tarred & feathered, dragged through the streets, and ridiculed relentlessly.

I'm starting a SoFlo Cast Iron Dutch Oven Rescue Klub. GM, if you have one of those... don't be surprised if you are visited by a DORK agent.

We find homes for the unenameled.

Back