food Burgers? Hell Yeah!!

388474_4493042728542_715311531_n.jpg

That is a perfectly cooked ground beef sammich if I ever saw one. Damn.

The restaurant I used to cook at got this amazing local beef for our burgers, I'd eat em just as rare on an almost daily basis.

Rare is the way to go.......find the butcher with the dry-aged goods. Grind it yourself, rare will leach no juice with the dry-age. Never a soagy bun nor juice on gthe plate. Of course that's not the meal deal when hosting a party...but a treat for a few people like no other !

have heard ravingly positive things about http://thebutcherandlarder.com/

familiar?

I've driven by there many a time during work...never been in there...now I have to find out who has....Ask a cop, they either have the answer or know how to get the info.
I deal with 2 places here........like any big city there are many meat provisions. 3 tyo 4 week aged is the best. I ask for the end cut for the extra flavor. I've been in the aging rooms, at 4 weeks the loin looks like its wearing a "fur coat". The mold gets hand cut and the loin gets run through the band saw........the 1st time I saw that I couldn't believe there wasn't a drop of blood on the saw blade. Most resturants throw the 1-3/4" cut in the 1600 deg salamander oven. i like that cut "black and blue" with a char.
I'll pick up a prime steak next week and grind it up for a burger ...with a photo or 2. Just have to decide what kind of dough to roll for the bun.

I have often thought about doing that myself, but every time I bring home one of those wonderful $30 steaks, I eat it.

BURGER amongst burgers: start with 1 purple jalapeno, 3 small habaneros, 1 ghost pepper
bu.jpg
,mixed the meat with diced peppers, diced garlic, powdered garlic, ground pepper blend
bur.jpg
,put cheese in the middle of two burgers
burg.jpg
burge.jpg

burger is not complete with out a egg
1-1.jpg
11.jpg
stacked in between simple italian white bread
12.jpg

Hey, late to the party here but those are great looking burgers! Minus the egg though. I'm fried egg intolerant! I do like the peppers chop chopped inside. Rock on

Wow that is a lot going on there. You put cheese in the middle jucy lucy style, and then formed the patties? Is that what I am seeing? WIN! Yeah and you can keep the egg off mine too. Give it to Scovie.

psh. ya"ll don"t wan know burger with your egg??????????!

I know its almost ester, but eggs are for winning, like a vacitan warlock overlord with addonss DNA!!!

I've driven by there many a time during work...never been in there...now I have to find out who has....Ask a cop, they either have the answer or know how to get the info.
I deal with 2 places here........like any big city there are many meat provisions. 3 tyo 4 week aged is the best. I ask for the end cut for the extra flavor. I've been in the aging rooms, at 4 weeks the loin looks like its wearing a "fur coat". The mold gets hand cut and the loin gets run through the band saw........the 1st time I saw that I couldn't believe there wasn't a drop of blood on the saw blade. Most resturants throw the 1-3/4" cut in the 1600 deg salamander oven. i like that cut "black and blue" with a char.
I'll pick up a prime steak next week and grind it up for a burger ...with a photo or 2. Just have to decide what kind of dough to roll for the bun.

Crazy ... all I know is there's a security researcher guy from Matasano whom I follow on Twitter and he's always posting cuts and foods from that place ... and I'm always jealous, because we don't have that kind of availability here!

Back