food Burgers? Hell Yeah!!

You know, I could never bring myself to grind up a Scotch for burgers, but I would sure like to try it. Man that looks good!

Last few times I've done burgers I have been mixing up different cuts of meats, experimenting with flavours and textures.

Doing burgers tomorrow night, going to try a mix of rump, tail or shin and scotch I think

Ok so got the family coming over tonight for Dinner, 6 people in total. So i thought i'd make some burgers, sides and dessert......

Only problem is 3 of them are currently not eating BREAD, ROLLS, WRAPS.... hmmmm so going to be a little different.

We'll see how it goes

First is beef, mix of scotch, shin and short rib

Second is lamb, mix of backstrap, fillet and shin

SDC12125.JPG

SDC12126.JPG

Also bringing the BOT out for this mince

Oh great. Now we are all going to have to fresh grind all our meats for this. Oh well, I have been saying I need to break the grinder out and use it again.

haha no reason to grind, just makes its a bit more hands oan.

Still for ease, i prefer some nicely gorund packaged stuff

NOT SURE IF THIS QUALIFIES.......

Sorry again, not a true burger, but wheere else to post????

and lots of pics

Grinding action, still prefer the hand grinder, lot more consistenet i think

SDC12130.JPG

LAMB

SDC12131.JPG

BEEF

SDC12132.JPG

Some pancetta WRAPPED asparagus, sweet potato bottom, eggplant bottom

SDC12137.JPG

Burgers on top

SDC12140.JPG

Topped lamb with chaarred eggplant, tzatziki and red onion, beef with cheese, avocado and some homemade sweet bbq sauce

SDC12141.JPG

All plated and set

SDC12142.JPG

SDC12143.JPG

and a little something sweet, passionfruit meringue, maple and pomegrante glazed figs with mascarpoine

SDC12144.JPG

I was looking for the burger and all I saw was a bunch of skirt wearin' french foo foo sheeit!

Damn chefs.

You can't live with these people.

Family came over for dinner. Every few weeks we alternate between ours, brothers or parents place

Back to normal stuff now, wasn't planning this as such. Was gonna be normal burgers with buns, but as mentioned, No Bread, bloody diets!!

Sorry

Boom I reckoned we just got OvenRibbed by you and thats all cool and the gang with moi.

However....

It would greatly behoove us to not give you some sort of crap for it.

But it would have to be some kind of crap equally awesome at the opposite end of the spectrum as your normally awesome postings.

I can't think of anything.

I got nuthin'.

Crap.

Yeah, there was nothing not awesome about his burgers. I am just amazed at how high brow our simple little burger thread has become. Next there will be truffles and foie gras.

Yeah, there was nothing not awesome about his burgers. I am just amazed at how high brow our simple little burger thread has become. Next there will be truffles and foie gras.

I just want to say, that I have just as much love for diner-style sliders as I do for the fancified varieties ... I just really <3 burgers ...

I love cheeseburgers and sliders so much I could eat them every single day.

But I don't.

I eat fish and veggies instead.

Because I want to eat a cheeseburger or a slider once in a while when I'm an old person waiting to get into heaven.

Oh man ... there's a little place in a strip mall down the road w/ wood panel walls and the endless mirror facade and pictures of 50 years worth of corvettes and bucs football stuff everywhere ... they make very decent sliders and it's fun every now and again to go on game-day and rock a bunch out before plopping for some football ... or maybe I'm just excited to have Revis now =) ...

Back