• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Carnivorous Plants

NOPE,
just leave them be inside somewere, keep them moist but not wet, they will die back and then as it warms they will return.

I know I've said this before but, thanks again for the help/info (both of you)
I fed another grasshopper to a plant its on its back with the head out of trap :lol:
fed another hornnet but those suckers are fighters they get out of the traps :(

IGG - what no pictures of your traps ?

or anyone else ? or stillz more pictures to show ?

chilehunter said:
IGG - what no pictures of your traps ?
Not right now. They've settled in quite nicely but some creature keeps digging in the moss and covering the traps up/setting them off. Have to put down the predator urine.

ok some pics for you
little nep doing good

DSCF1881.jpg

my Favourite VFT vaieties
the Royal Red comming back very nicely ones even sending a flower stalk.

DSCF1882.jpg

DSCF1886.jpg

DSCF1884.jpg

I'll take some pics of the Sars and stuff another day.

heres a pot with various large trap VFT, all comming back nicely aafter winter except "triffid traps" vaietie it might not make it me thinks.
DSCF1885.jpg

plants are looking great & I like those royal reds, just a cool looking purple VFT (they look more purple than red, to me)

I agree cut the flower stem off, I've posted pictures of my VFT when they were growing flowers & they looked pretty pathetic. its like the flowers took most of the plants energy & resources to grow. while the plant/traps suffered.

you'd think going to flower would help you get more & bigger VFT plants but IMO how ironic it is, its better to just cut off the flowers & let the plant grow & spread (feed the plant if needed)

the royal red's are looking good!
are you gonna cut back those flowers or just see how it plays out, before cutting them if needed ?
looks like you put 5 plants in that container.

if my traps live through til next summer I think I'll get a couple of those royal reds & try to make a royal red pot of doom. dont want to get to far into w/VFT w/o knowing if I can keep them alive yet.
plus maybe get some of those rootless plants for next year. BTW how is that funky one doing ? do they grow bigger than the previous pictures shown of'em.

those air breathers (some) can get a metre long. they are real slow growing but.
I'll leave the flowers and just see what happens, they are outside in the shade house and the conditions are pretty perfect for them so hopefully they will just roll on.
I think I put 5 plants inthe pot but I have about 20 of the royal reds in total.
Hopefully by the end of summer they will look real cool.
They catch heaps of flys by themselves which is cool

and a couple more
DSCF2071.jpg

DSCF2072.jpg

DSCF2073.jpg

the pygmy drosera are awsesome but I just can't get the photos to turn out as they are so small.
the boys will see them Sunday for my Birthday but.

Mick

Back