• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Carolina Reaper (HP22B) Community Grow

A few members including myself are growing seeds for this variety ASAP. I and a few others here on THP thought it would be fun to have a "community glog" strictly for this variety, a fun thread about the HP22B and growing this pepper for the first time.

I think we should start a community glog like this anytime there is a new pepper with alot of attention and alot of people growing it, possible world record holder or not. It would be fun, and this should be fun! That's why we all love this hobby is it not?

Therefore, this will be a drama-free, controversy-free, fun glog for all of us growers and others to enjoy. If you grow, please chime in. If you're growing this variety, please post pictures and chime in about your observations.

Again.. This thread is ment to be fun and informative, but mostly fun :)
Please. Pretty please with sugar on top.. lol. Keep it drama-free.
I, and many others would really appreciate this thread to stay that way.

Now lets get to growing!

IMG_3008.jpg

I went with the paper towel method for this guy just like I have with all my mid-season starts. It is far from my favorite way to germinate seeds but I'm in no hurry this time of year which is why I went this route. I've had the seeds in the paper towel for about a week now on top of my HOT5 lighting closet. The seeds should be showing root tips soon, then they will be visiting some real soil :D

How's it going for everyone else?

Brandon

Peri that was easily one of the best reviews I've seen for a chili. Excellent work, I can't wait to make sauce with these after this season.

One more thing, don't you have hats in South Africa? Might keep that sunburn down! :P

I got reaper seeds from both Pepper Joe and Pucker Butt and I'm also growing Primos from Judy at Pepper Lover but just started mine today 3/11 and will post back my results. I will also highlight them in my GLOG.

PeriPeri,
What a fantastic video. I'd put you up there with the best reviewers!
Enjoy the HEAT. And what about that citrus flavor?
Pepper Joe
www.pepperjoe.com
Thanks Pepperjoe! Hey that is one hell of a pepper - I mus say. The flavour was really fantastic! And I have two whole plants dripping with the stuff - I'm like a kid on christmas day :D

Ok PeriPeri, you're on my insane list...LOL

But I guess I am too, cuz I'm growing them and will try one...gotta try what ya grow!

Great video!

Take care,

Scott
Thanks Scott... as they say takes one to know one lol Based on what I have just experienced, you won't be dissappointed lol !

Peri that was easily one of the best reviews I've seen for a chili. Excellent work, I can't wait to make sauce with these after this season.

One more thing, don't you have hats in South Africa? Might keep that sunburn down! :P
PeriPeri

That was just awesome!

Thank you for doing that video :)
Thank you Pepperhead for that compliment! Going to be adding mine to sauces as well... but in moderation I think lol! Dang! I know... it was overcast the other day and I hate hats as it's so hot and clamy here... yea... got burnt a good'n!

DesertChris, glad you enjoyed it. I have the toilet paper in the freezer, hope tomorrow I will be thanking myself lol

I got reaper seeds from both Pepper Joe and Pucker Butt and I'm also growing Primos from Judy at Pepper Lover but just started mine today 3/11 and will post back my results. I will also highlight them in my GLOG.

Peri well done my good man. You took that like a champ. Your tolerance is incredible. I can't believe you talked through the whole thing like you ate a little jalapeño. ahahahhahaaaa great job

I feel guilty for even suggesting you try one! Well done man, well done.
I'd rather eat a Carolina Reaper than hold a Tarantula... so you did well my friend. As it turned out I didn't need much persuading lol

Peri well done my good man. You took that like a champ. Your tolerance is incredible. I can't believe you talked through the whole thing like you ate a little jalapeño. ahahahhahaaaa great job
Thanks Pia, it felt like 400 Jalapeños lol

I am growing the carolina reaper also i got my seeds from pepper joes about a month ago and started them in jiffy pellets on a heat mat as soon as i got them and since then all of them have sprouted i replanted them in red solo cups to keep them in until i plant them outside. just waiting for it to decide if its going to get warm in kansas or not. for the two free seeds i got pasilla bajio and saporro.

Hi bstar2013. Welcome! The Pasilla Bajio is great. Got those and Serrano's from PepperJoe aswell... which have been good producers me. I would recommend posting pics of your seedlings... you will get better feedback with images. Good luck!

Thanks peri I watched the video of you eating a Carolina reaper and you made it look like nothing! I cant wait to try my first super hot i was going to eat a yellow ghost last year but mine only grew 2 peppers and when me and my friend ate them they weren't hot at all probably from lack of sun or not being fertalized at all. I had never heard of the Pasilla Bajio before I got it from him but I looked it up as soon as I got it in the mail. I grew serranos last year and IM growing them again this year because they go really good in salsa and I would have posted pictures on here of the seedlings but I can't figure out how to post a picture from my phone I have the same problem with my glog and not having pictures.

Planted my seeds a few weeks ago, and now have around 30 sprouts. I'll plant 28 of them in the garden with my other supers, but 2 of them will be planted in buckets so I can more closely monitor the conditions they are under.

Thanks peri I watched the video of you eating a Carolina reaper and you made it look like nothing! I cant wait to try my first super hot i was going to eat a yellow ghost last year but mine only grew 2 peppers and when me and my friend ate them they weren't hot at all probably from lack of sun or not being fertalized at all. I had never heard of the Pasilla Bajio before I got it from him but I looked it up as soon as I got it in the mail. I grew serranos last year and IM growing them again this year because they go really good in salsa and I would have posted pictures on here of the seedlings but I can't figure out how to post a picture from my phone I have the same problem with my glog and not having pictures.

I use my phone to post my photos...
First you have to use an app like photobucket. Send the photo to it. Find the photo on there, then under the links, I use the IMG one...
Then copy the IMG link.
Then all that remains is to paste that right into your post/reply here.

Only drawback is that I can't see my own dang photos on here using my phone, but on the computer they show up just fine....lol

Others here probably have a better way, this is just what I do....

Back