• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

Chili Chocolate

I've found a fantastic chocolate factory in the mountains 20 mins drive from where I live, they make a wonderful dark chocolate that really need some chilies in it :lol:

The owner is going to make some chili chocolate for me which I'll sell and give away for Christmas presents.

I need your advice here! do I add home made chili powder of make a paste from fresh chillies and use that?

Thanks for any advice here :)

Hey Biscombe,

Why not get ablock, bring it home and melt it, add some dried to half, and some paste to the other,have it set, and see which tastes best? This would also let you get the quantityright before committing to a large batch.

From memory, I haven't worked with chocolate for a long time, doesnt something wierd happen if it mixes with water when in the liquid state? If this is the case, then I would go with fine powdered.

Dark high percent cocoa chocolate goes great with chilis. There are some commercial chocolates in Germany and Switzerland with chili and with pepper (no, not capsicum, that Madagascar stuff). Not really as hot as you guys are used to but yummy! And I did some chili-calvados- and chili-beer-marinated dehydrated apple rings covered with dark chocolate. I liked them. Chiliac: I have to find some time for the next batch! I owe you something! :lol:

DickT said:
Chili and chocolate goes back to the aztecs, my chili nutterz are good mixed with M&M's

Seems Everybody is doing a Chili Chocoltae Nowerdays and some are damn good..Nutterz with m+m`s oo thats a wicked Snack indeed :lol:

I tried what bent did with coring out a red hab and filling it with dark chocolate, let set in frig 1hour the cut in thin slices but on ice cream GOOD JOB bent. It was good for more
Dan

ring sting said:
Hey Biscombe,

Why not get ablock, bring it home and melt it, add some dried to half, and some paste to the other,have it set, and see which tastes best? This would also let you get the quantityright before committing to a large batch.

Thats a great idea! Im ordering 50 large bars so I want to get it right!

HAbanero powder goes AMAZING in chocolate. Kato's has the best Hab Chocolate bars around. Period. Talk to him, I bet he can give you some good advice.

imaguitargod said:
HAbanero powder goes AMAZING in chocolate. Kato's has the best Hab Chocolate bars around. Period. Talk to him, I bet he can give you some good advice.
and in lil chocolate gummy bears.

habanero chocolate covered habanero gummy bears?!! omg...i just squirted me shorts. :lol:

Back