• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Chilli Tests "Douglah" or "Chocolate 7 Pod"

Thanks Bent for sending me this to test

"Douglah"
douglah1.jpg

We have talked bout this for prob as long as Known each other and progress of it has been a lesson in Patience, but being Growers thats expected as shit happens..

so after looking at it for nearly a week, whacked it in and let rip. It had a fantastic taste, not overpowering but light and that 7 pod flavour, straight.. 1st came the hiccups and haven't had them for a bit then heat kept building and was intense, both the throat and tongue were going off 7 pod style, but it was a Nice build and Burn (if could say that) and i loved it. My tongue was still numb prob 20 min later and as usual the sense of taste hasnt gone this time, but everything has a metalish taste 10 hrs later

anyway here is the vid

thanks again Bent, it was awesome and would do again tomorrow

hope ya's enjoy..
neil.

Not even a single message in the THSC vs HOTPEPPA thread from you Neil... are you thinking twice about it ?

a little nervous perhaps ?

a little fearful of the Canadian Destroyer ?

hmmmmm

awesome looking pod by the way.. going to check out your vid now..

One cone only hope there wasn't to many seeds in that pod.....:lol:

Bent how many seeds have to managed to collect so far?

Only enough for me MoyBoy! I have five seeds with my name on them, wooot.

Im going to give them to Neil though, if it wasn't for him i would have never started my journey down the chilli brick road :P Plus he will get sooo much more out of them than myself i am damn sure.

Beautiful chilli testing Neil and expect a present when i get back from Brizvegas :)

Great test Neil (as always) - The plant has two huge Jonah shaped pods almost ripe so all those who I owe seeds will have no problem. Theres several more pods in various states of growth but the nights are cooling down so it's going to be a while. Even in great weather they can take up to 3 weeks from starting to change colour to the ripe pod.

but hell they're worth it. Some of my friends who eat Habs regular have been over & we get into a few slices of 7's on crackers & cheese (+beer lol) - they think thats pretty good. Then late I drag out a small bit of douglah from the freezer & it wrecks them lol. For my taste they are hotter than the 7-pot - but as Neils test showed it may just be the longevity of the max heat that whipes people out. All I know is I'm going to need a lot of these :lol:

:cheers: again Mr. THSC

Yes, well done Neil again. Always enjoy watching your videos. And the in put that you give everyone on each pepper that you eat..Thanks again Man.

well the weather turned crappy again here overnight - had a lot of pod drop. Saved all of them though green. Just picked the 2 big ripe ones before they go soggy (one came in at 9 grams, other is 6).

Seeds will be distributed next week to those I owe. Still many pods growing so everyone else, keep your fingers crossed. Got some pics, will load them up tonight.

Well Done Niel cant wait to see the Chocolate Scorpion and Orange 7pot in the future Vids to,well done brother great plant it is ;)

They look great!

Pity the weather has turned even further to crap.... felt a little cool this morning, so hopefully for everyone in Brisbane, we get enough heat in the next month to ripen our pods. I was a very late starter this season, so I will be trying to overwinter as much as I can (the stuff in the ground will get left there to fend for itself).

dreamboat

Back