• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

CMPMAN1974 2013 Grow Log

Hey Chris, that's good to hear, I'm growing an F2 from that line that is also looking fantastic, healthy, vigorous and the best of both varieties!

Lookin great, that is a ton of plants in your yard! Very interesting varieties, I'm also looking forward to your pod shots. Can't wait to see some crazy varieties cross you lens!

Chris, that's a beautiful grow, and a buttload of plants! I love growing chiles in the patio beds....I just don't understand why everyone in my neighborhood puts flowers in them instead of food plants!

I've been meaning to send you some pix of my overwintered Brito's Mystery Peach x Congo Trinidad I grew out from seeds you sent me in 2011...There are two of these plants, and they are insanely robust and vigorous. Check the basketball goal for scale:

kris_kross1.jpg

Here's a pik of the pod load on one of the plants. They're very tasty, much like the Peppermania version Congo Trinidad:

kris_kross2.jpg

Very nice Chris, Those beds look great, I rember when all you had was tons of containers every where. Looks like you will have another great season.
My poor garden is turning into a jungle as its way over planted, my squash and cucumbers are trying to take over and my Italain pole beans are gang fighting with the Chinese Noodle beans, but the peppers still own the high ground. Ha!

Here's a few pod pictures from the garden.  This year at this point isn't shaping up so hot.  The plants are much smaller than normal.  I'm not sure if I"m having a soil issue, environmental problems due to a weird weather pattern early on, or something different.  Not too confident yields are going to be good on most.  Oh well, you can't win them all.  That's the life of a gardener, right? :)   Hopefully something will turn around.

Chris

Maldivian Heart x Purple Bhut F2 (C. chin)

Mustard Bhut Jolokia F2 (C. chin)

Naga Suomi x Pimenta de Neyde F1 - SG (C. chin)

Pimenta Gobba (C. chin)

Trinidad Scorpion Mustard (C. chin)

Tshololo (C. chin)

Windchicken, your plants are amazing.  Some of the largest I've seen.  If that's not termed prolific, I don't think any pepper is.  I'm happy to see you got a winner there!

Chris, nice looking peppers along with all the varieties to boot.  It will be interesting what powders you'll have up for sale later.  Curious do you ever sell fresh pods ???  Thought I'd ask.  Anyway my friend it looks awesome !!!

cmpman1974 said:
Here's a few pod pictures from the garden.  This year at this point isn't shaping up so hot.  The plants are much smaller than normal.  I'm not sure if I"m having a soil issue, environmental problems due to a weird weather pattern early on, or something different.  Not too confident yields are going to be good on most.  Oh well, you can't win them all.  That's the life of a gardener, right? :)   Hopefully something will turn around.

Chris
I'm northwest of Lansing and it's been a tough year for me as well. I really think the cold, wet spring really threw things off for me - so I'm guessing weather patterns for you. Been frustrating!

Het Chris just wanted to as a question about a C. annuum named Gongo's Laudium, I managed to get one to grow for me its just now putting on pods.
Do you remember where it came from and if there was any thing special about it? The long pods reminded me of a cayenne, but the flavor was different.
Oh while I'm thinking of it the red Pakistani peppers are putting on pods like crazy I plan to let them ripen on the plants and make a pepper mash from the first havest and use the rest to blend into a powder with some of the Laudiums.
The Chocolate Naga Morich plants are starting to pod up and Chocolate Bhut X yellow Bhut is growing into a huge plant, its full of flowers but no pods yet.
That C. tovari looks great you seem to have the golden touch when it comes to getting the wilds to grow for you, great photo's as always.
I can't seem to get these new style camera's to work for me, I wish I had my old camera still I could take great pic's with it and it didn't go through a set of batteries evey time I use it.

Back