• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

CMPMAN1974's 2010 Growing Log

Well, I created a different thread, but I can't find it. It was in the wrong section anyways so I'm starting over.

The season is on. Here's a peek into early activity. It's no AJ set-up, but....

P1080622.jpg

P1080623.jpg

P1080629.jpg

P1080630.jpg

Those black stinger habs are really cool-looking.
What makes them different from standard Choc Habs?

If they are the same ones I have, the description is:

Black Stinger - Very hot Habanero variety, selected from a crossing of Clavo and Brown Habanero. These flavorfull pods carry a stinger like Trinidad Scorpion.

A combination of PAIN. A very interesting duo of pods. My nose still hurts de-seeding them! That Habajolokia has so much placental tissue. Talas made one hell of a cross and an amazingly stable one too.

Chris

P1080853.jpg

P1080857.jpg

P1080858.jpg

Great pics of your Yellow 7's, what I find interesting is the one on the left looks like a yellow brain strain and the one on the right a yellow Jonahs. Are they from the same plant Chris? Mine have all been huge like the one on the right. This has to be the year of the chocolates nice pods from the nagas, bhuts, scorpions, and douglah so hard to choose. :hell: Always great pics of all your chiles.

Thanks for the compliments. I have not tried a red background for the darker pods, but I will. I'm experimenting.

PRF, I find these yellow 7 Pots are pretty variable shapewise. See these newest pics. I farmed out some plants to a buddy with a big inground garden. I've been borrowing some of his land. lol. These pods are MASSIVE. The one is bigger than a medium sized lemon. I also hit a red cross of the yellow 7 Pot too. Same texture. I'm hoping it'll have an edible heat level and yellow 7 flavor as opposed to the nuclear level. I have yet to try it, but it puts out big pods. Nothing matches PepperFever's Evergreen 7 Pot size though. I'm still dreaming.

Chris

P1080866.jpg

P1080865.jpg

P1080864.jpg

P1080867.jpg

The coolest one of the year is a brown 7 pot selectively taken for it's pod shape from another grower. Incredible texture, perfect shape. I'm getting an incredible color transition on these. I think they can almost go black! They are multi-colored on the plant. Half the pod has a light green texture, the other half dark green. I need to leave some pods on longer. They are much darker than any other chocolate pod in the garden. They don't even work against my background. I'm waiting to see how future generations look. Scorpion look too!!

Chris

P1080862.jpg

P1080861.jpg

P1080860.jpg

Chris, first of all, great pics as I have come to expect from you...I like a light green background for the fruit...JMO..

Red Fatalii...what did you think about this pepper?...I grew them last year and they absolutely contained no heat, not even a tinge...taste was good but just no heat...

More nice pod pics.

Black works well for the red, yellows, oranges, etc..., but the dark pods would be shown off better with a lighter bg.

This Pink Habanero is gorgeous and has a very unique flavor. Hard to describe. Low to moderate heat.

The flavor of this Yellow Pimento Seasoning pepper from Tobago is off the charts. No heat. One of the best I've tried. My wife who doesn't like hot peppers was impressed.

Chris

P1080871.jpg

P1080870.jpg

P1080868.jpg

P1080874.jpg

AJ, my Red Fatalii has MAJOR heat. Comparable to the yellow strain. There's a lot of junk Red Fatalii strains flying around. I got some from a good friend who acquired seed from a commercial retailer who got one accidental red cross out of 50 plants with yellow pods. :) It retained the heat and has nice big pods. I'm talking immediate knock you back heat that lingers a long time.

Chris

Chris, first of all, great pics as I have come to expect from you...I like a light green background for the fruit...JMO..

Red Fatalii...what did you think about this pepper?...I grew them last year and they absolutely contained no heat, not even a tinge...taste was good but just no heat...

As Always Chris you constantly astound me with your photo's and varieties you grow, which is surprising do to your seasonal weather. I can be glad that in this world there are still a few good men and women that have picked up the flame of pepperdom and carried it to greater heights.
George W.

I LOVE the color of these Mustard Habs and they are huge!! Can't get much prettier. These Morouga Reds (not TS Morouga Blend) are so nice too. Giant pods, tons of heat. :)

Chris

P1080882.jpg

P1080878.jpg

P1080876.jpg

Back