coffee-tea Coffee

I'm stoked my son bought me this SR500 Coffee Roaster for my Bday. What I really like the best about this roaster over my poppers is that the concept is the same but you can control the airflow and the heat throughout the roast for a more consistent roast and I can roast coffee now INSIDE MY HOUSE !!!!!!!!!

woohoo......................................

http://www.burmancoffee.com/equipment/freshroast_SR_500.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI5c3_ipjx2AIVD4N-Ch1NBAEvEAAYAyAAEgJ0p_D_BwE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnlRRMQpJfI

Nice, would love to have a dedicated Roaster, timing is a pain to get a specific flavour if you dont have a timer.

This is an example of three dif roasts of the Kona and they each have a diff taste.
uM4AxSH.jpg

dragonsfire said:
Nice, would love to have a dedicated Roaster, timing is a pain to get a specific flavour if you dont have a timer.

This is an example of three dif roasts of the Kona and they each have a diff taste.
uM4AxSH.jpg
You could blend them I do that sometimes and you can get different notes from the various roast levels in the same cup of joe    ;)

What is your method of extraction ? pour over, aero press, mr coffee, percolator ? 

Voodoo 6 said:
Found a nice espresso maker at the thrift today, it was in mint condition with all of the accessories:

Had a 30 percent off coupon so got it for $22.56  Breville Model 800esxl /b

4dudfQ9.jpg

Lucky day today! Cheers!

want to sell it rofl......................

seriously though nice find you made out like a bandit that is a nice unit. Enjoy !!!!

Thanks! I just ran a few cycles of the vinegar solution / water flushing and it does make a mighty fine cup of espresso. Probably too heavy to ship if I sold it, I just weighed it and it's 16.2 pounds. Well build machine I must say. 

About a week a go I did a roast and got distracted by a visitor, coffee got roasted more then I like, so as experiment I roasted a lighter version and added it to the mix (about 2/3rds Dark). It actually was very nice, allot more body to it.

3aWprDR.jpg

Did 6 oz of Brazil Santos, one batch inside one outside as experiment, was about 0c outside, big difference in time and speed of roasting.
Times in picture. Darker one roasted inside.

1zTwFzy.jpg

I only do one crack, and they started around 2:30-3, hve it written down some ware, didnt let it finish first crack, as soon as the color is waht I want I pour it out. Popper yup :)
Nope...
Here he is, 1250w

Attachments

• popcornPumper.jpeg
    popcornPumper.jpeg
    27.4 KB · Views: 99
First crack on the 4:32 is 2:46
First crack on the 6:32 is 4:15

My popper might be getting tired of working in the cold, seams to be taking longer when doing it outside.
Did a Hunduras just now and it was first crack at 4:53 on the total 7:33 city roast, -8c outside, 0c on the Brazilian Santos 6:32 roast, was very windy.

Decaff is something allot of people turn their nose up, no taste, no body etc. Well that's the commercial stuff, doing your own I learned that Decaff can be very nice .
Did a couple roasts this morning, more decaff, Columbian Excelso, great for the evenings for me :)

5IF9N2D.jpg

I love my coffee. I think people would die if I couldn't have it.

My Delonghi grind and brew machine gets a good work out while I am at home.

20180327_101616.jpg

But when I am out in the bush and away from electrickery I take the Wacaco Nanopresso.
This makes the one of the best espresso shots I have ever tasted.

20180327_102643.jpg

Back