• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Colors from your garden - a colorful thread

Mourning Cloak

20190702_115201.jpg

20190702_115201crop.jpg

saiias said:
GIP, how do you save your dwarf cherry plant in winter?

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
we just tuck the potted Carmine Jewel cherries, and currants up against the back of the house for wind protection then put them back in the full sun around May

the NorthStar and EvansBali semi-dwarf trees are in ground and no extra winter protection 

here's a couple more flower pics...
y6qdfHP.jpg

iGmUCmk.jpg

Y8gjwuP.jpg

nenPZbj.jpg

Honeybee approaching a C. pubescens flower

yKBHZhc.jpg
Aji Finlandia are starting to color up 

EjArH2y.jpg

47Skswp.jpg

RecsBky.jpg

PRrcxVk.jpg

QKJwVXK.jpg

shRIHyq.jpg

this one has some DARK foliage, and solid Purple flowers  :woohoo:    :dance:

2PBenFU.jpg
this Purple flower Goatsweed X has more of a mottled purple/green foliage, but an unique flower shape different than the other phenotype

f5ZHCEK.jpg

2Uaqx5y.jpg
couple of Gete Okosomin Squash growing in a half wine barrel finally starting to put on some orange color

oVIEoSE.jpg
My first super/near superhot to ripen this year is Yellow Brainstrain  :dance:

and some more daylily pics;
q8iC4e3.jpg

gA8oLS2.jpg

Mmp7Yc1.jpg

u4XkcU8.jpg

pfEu8m5.jpg

Plenty more daylillies, a few more lillies and lots of various Pubescens flower pics too, I just need to sort through them to attempt to make sure i am not sharing the same 'best' pics.

hope you all are having a wonderful week, and your gardens are lighting up with their spectacular silent fireworks displays !  :party:

1st pic...
I have a smaller tree of the same,
 Might have a couple sprouts of the last pic as well (don't recall what they are either :thinkingface: )
I try to pull out whatever i didn't plant in the garden,
and let the non gardened parts that get back closer to the train property naturalize. 
 But their are some that turn into potentially huge trees where they are not supposed to be. :mope:
If you find out what that tree in the first pic is..Spamease, please include the name in your description of it :)

:cheers:

skullbiker said:
Nice colorful tree behind my house, do not know what it is but it may have to go because its too close to the building/roof. I may try to clone a couple of branches before I whack it.

attachicon.gif
6D4E02E7-50D8-4776-B916-33293B4AFB1B.jpeg

A couple more plants in the back yard, again I have no idea what they are.

attachicon.gif
4EC61FE9-0A7E-4FB1-9DAF-76CA3194BF54.jpeg

attachicon.gif
5CE6425C-1607-4A55-AD9B-2CE1C9BD56E9.jpeg

Number 1 is Golden Shower, I believe

Number 2 is Bougainvillea

Number 3 is.........on the tip of my tongue!

[EDIT}:  I was thinking lantana, but I'm not certain.  The flower looks a lot like butterfly weed, but has the wrong foliage.

nmlarson said:

Number 1 is Golden Shower, I believ Risky google search of the day award  :rofl: 

Number 2 is Bougainvillea

Number 3 is.........on the tip of my tongue!

[EDIT}:  I was thinking lantana, but I'm not certain.  The flower looks a lot like butterfly weed, but has the wrong foliage.
:lol:

Back