• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Contest for First Ripe Pepper

I think adding cytokinin to the mix helped.

I've watered my Nagas with the Superthrive a second time I'm so convinced that the lack of auxin, for whatever reason, is the problem. I pulled my plants out of the tray they're in last night, and these 2 and 3 inch plants have roots crowding out of 16 oz cups.

I think a side-by-side of out plants would have made a good textbook picture of auxin extremes.

Pam said:
I think adding cytokinin to the mix helped.

I've watered my Nagas with the Superthrive a second time I'm so convinced that the lack of auxin, for whatever reason, is the problem. I pulled my plants out of the tray they're in last night, and these 2 and 3 inch plants have roots crowding out of 16 oz cups.

I think a side-by-side of out plants would have made a good textbook picture of auxin extremes.

Great you have identified the problem and remedy...(hopefully)...

You are welcome to use one of my pics if you want...

AlabamaJack said:
Great you have identified the problem and remedy...(hopefully)...

You are welcome to use one of my pics if you want...

Well, I thank you, but I'm not writing a text book!

the knowledge you have in your head about peppers and other vegetables in general could fill a library Pam...

Pam...since you added the cytokinin have your Nagas taken off?

AlabamaJack said:
Pam...since you added the cytokinin have your Nagas taken off?

Actually, I'm adding auxin, because it's probably excess cytokinin production in the mycorrhizae in the seed starting mix. You're the one who needed cytokinin so your plants would start to branch more.

Mine, after 2 1/2 months of doing nothing, are growing normally now. They're going up and branching. The Puppy Au Pair was over today to help me clean (she's a slave driver!) and we decluttered the right stack. I have the camera! The batteries are charging, so you can see what I'm talking about as soon as I get some pictures made.

rignt Pam...I needed cytokinin, you auxin....wasn't thinking when I typed that last message...glad they are growing...

*************billyboy update 7 April***************

My pods are getting bigger & Ive got a colour change to purple starting in some of them:P

Contest Nagas doing well...got lots of flower buds and some open flowers

billyboy said:
As promised my little contest Naga pods

pix495.jpg

billyboy
looking good billy,
sorry for the long wait ,ive been out of town for a couple weeks.
here is my contest Bhut,i moved her into the gh awhile back and she seems to be doing better with the bumble bees ,

pablo

stillmanz said:
Man nice plants, awesome cherry tomatoes.

Thanks mate,
the cherry tomatoes are more like ping pong ball size than cherry,
My first order of strawberries...
rockhousefarmstrawberriod1.jpg

they are the best ive ever had,perfect shape and excellent taste..
I took 3 quarts out on monday to the local grocers and did some taste sampleing and gave them the wholesale costs and suggested retail for this item,from their remarks ,i think i need to grow more strawberries LOL.

:lol:

pablo

:shocked: strawberries look fab..roll on jun/july for us brits its starwberries and cream time..with a hint of chilli on top:lol:

thank you talas,

tomatoe plants are in overdrive and we will begin to harvest around may 8
if i had to guess id estimate about 15-20 lbs on the vine now per plant at 500 plants thats 7500-10,000 lbs green maters...

and for anyone interested in the contest,I have a red pod,but its not a full size pepper so i wont count it,but i also have 2 other pods that are half red and should be donr by may?...pictures at 11
lol

pablo

Poor Nagas

Well, it seems I didn't harden off my plants good enough before I put them in full sun and I am paying the price...my poor contest nagas are in bad shape..

042308001.jpg

042308002.jpg

Wonder how long it will take them to recover...they are in a sheltered corner of the yard now that gets no direct sun all day..

AlabamaJack said:
Well, it seems I didn't harden off my plants good enough before I put them in full sun and I am paying the price...my poor contest nagas are in bad shape..

Relax. They look fine. Scalded my Bhuts alot worse than that and they are recovering well. Your "punishment" for stressing the plants will be hotter chilis. ;)

ya aj those look good and ole PI phil is right,it just makes them hotter if you can imagine that.
sorry for the picture delay,apparently my card on my camera went bad on me so Ill need to go take some more tomorrow...

soon come as they say

pablo

POTAWIE said:
The plants will be alright but I don't think stressing a plant without pods will make future pods any hotter.
thats very true,didnt not think about it when i posted.
Contest Bhut Jolokia...soil planter,hand watered...
almost redi...
bhutjolokiacontestsoilpae5.jpg

tomatoes are over 6 feet now,will need a ladder soon.
rockhouseproduce46ru2.jpg

rockhouseproduce47ux4.jpg

fresh strawberries vine ripe...delicious!
rockhouseproduce49tr9.jpg

pablo

Back