• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Contest for First Ripe Pepper

that bhut looks like it is going to be nasty hot....

tomatoes look gorgeous and so do the strawberry's

Whens tomato harvest?...can I eat all I want if I come help harvest?

need a hog farm next door so I can have bacon too.... :lol:

Whats BB up to?

Ive got no sign of red yet, but my pods are looking good, went out early this morning for a look saw one with a hole in it & picked it off & a dirty big pod eating grub was inside it, also spotted a currawong eating one of my ripe Nagas off one of my dirt plants, the cheeky bird just stood there trying to eat the pod all the while I was yelling & pretending to throw rocks at it, I must of made an impression, as it just stood there bashing the pod against the ground with its beak! Then flew off, leaving a battered ripe pod to rot on the ground.

Ill take so pictures tomorrow afternoon & post to show where Im at.

AlabamaJack said:
that bhut looks like it is going to be nasty hot....

tomatoes look gorgeous and so do the strawberry's

Whens tomato harvest?...can I eat all I want if I come help harvest?

need a hog farm next door so I can have bacon too.... :lol:
hi aj,
ya ,i ate the little one right after i took the picture...hehe,its freakin hot just like the big ones.
we are takeing a few cherry tomatoes now ,and should get real busy around may 8 on the larger tomatoes. Your always welcome at the farm aj,and you can eat all the tomatoes you want
,and ill let ya have a pint of strawberries too for desert.

bentalphanerd said:
That is one hell of a setup pablo
Thank you Bent,
this has been a dream of mine for many years now and has finally come to bear fruit,Im blessed.
I must give credit to my grandparents for instilling in me the love of natures bounty and the willingness to learn new things.
bless them both.
my pa would have been proud to see such a thing.

pablo

pablo said:
hi aj,

Thank you Bent,
this has been a dream of mine for many years now and has finally come to bear fruit,Im blessed.
I must give credit to my grandparents for instilling in me the love of natures bounty and the willingness to learn new things.
bless them both.
my pa would have been proud to see such a thing.

pablo
I'm positive they are all really proud of you Pablo.

Pablo, all of your plants and set up looks fantastic!!! It must be nice to have such a wonderful setup. Keep up the good work and I'm sure that your family are proud of you, as you should also be....

Well, seeing that I'm a little late to plant (for the contest), I just noticed a teeny tiny little naga plant poking it's head above soil. Just over two weeks... It's about this >o< big.

I'm so proud...

pablo you are blessed and your family is proud you did a good job. Keep it up and it is probably all of are dreams and you are living it . God bless keep Them up
Dan

LET IT BURN

thank you all for the kind words...

Im thinking the red Bhut will be ready May 1st...
ill post some pictures and the judges can decide if it meets the requirements.

pablo

pablo said:
day 1 start
bloom cycle ...
so I will guess a date of June 1st or sooner
for a red ripe pod on the dirt planter seedling...
provideing it sets fruit at all. :lol:
hello all...
attention contest judges...
Bhut Jolokia Contest Plant, from seed,soil planter,hand watered,
started indoors and moved into Greenhouse to finish...
rosebhutjolokiacchineseao4.jpg

what ya think,
is it Red enough ?

pablo

That looks great Pablo, I think I've lost somewhere along the thread which chilli we were meant to be growing. I thought it was Naga Morich but I think you've won it because it's probably any of the 'naga' family. My Nagas are still really tiny, tiny meaning no flower buds :(

pablo said:
hi Pam and all,
Im new here and was reading your contest of sorts. I have a few Bhut Jolokia Seeds and a couple mature plants. is it ok if i just take a cutting on the first and enter it as an honorable mention. not to compete with the seedlings of course.hope to absorb some good information from you guys n gals in the future for growing some super hot chilis.

happy holidays

Pam said:
Sure, as long as you are prepared for lots of trash talk about your "cheating" if you get a ripe pod before us seeders. *grin*

If you're interested in Naga seeds, Peppermania http://www.peppermania.com/home.html now has Nagas, and they ship internationally.

Pablo's the "cheating" winner ;)

Bhutts don't count... weres Omri lol
No just kidding. Very nice pods and plant, how far away are your nagas. Very good time from seed too.

Mick

stillmanz said:
Bhutts don't count... weres Omri lol
No just kidding. Very nice pods and plant, how far away are your nagas. Very good time from seed too.

Mick

I totally concur! Are these from Chili Institute seeds? You should do a video eating that tiny red one. :mouthonfire:

I havent seen my plants for a few days, though Im certain Ive got no sign of red yet, last I looked they were in that purplish, green stage. How are everyone else's looking?

Back