• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Curry????

Today I tried my first curry ever and it was so good! It was extra hot green curry from a Thai restraint. The heat was ok.(I put super hot powder on everything, so tolerance is higher than an average joe) What curry's do you eat? Which curry should I try next?

Bootsieb said:
making Jamaican today- thye use Thyme. I have a 2 good recipe. One easy, simple which is cool and one more complex. I like both.

http://www.jamaicatravelandculture.com/food_and_drink/curry_chicken.htm

http://www.caribjournal.com/2013/10/19/the-perfect-jamaican-curry-chicken/

I love Jamaican chicken curry, especially if I have roti around to wrap it in ..    My brother-in-law always buys extra chicken roti for my wife and I when he hits his favourite place in missisauga.   Actually , it is usually a couple bags worth of assorted stuff. Oxtail, rice & peas , curry goat, rarely there is some ackee and saltfish.  All so good. 

Not fried chicken . . . Murgh Makhani (sorry):

Sauteed onions and marinated chicken:
DSC_0204.JPG

Added diced tomatoes and tomato sauce:
DSC_0210.JPG

Added cilantro and whipping cream:
DSC_0213.JPG

Served (with naan bread (not pictured))
DSC_0216.JPG

Oh snizzey doube snap,budy that looks great. That is actually as fried as I really like my chicken,looks great. that sauce needs to fill a hot tub and be partied in.

You can't beat a good curry but to be honest the best curry is the one you make with your own chillies ... Indian restaurants and take aways are part of our national culture ... you would have thought that "roast beef and Yorkshire pudding" would have been our national dish but chicken tika masala won by a mile

Last night's creation was not too bad. 

It was built to Retta's specifications.....and she was extremely pleased! Unfortunately, she distracted me enough that I failed in the foo foo plating part.

I do, however, have these nice shots of my wok!

Oh yeah......and when I got home, I found the straw mushrooms that were supposed to go in it......still sitting in the fridge.... :banghead:

JayT said:
He Curry-Bombed the Fried Chicken thread!!!
Technically it was pan fried before curried. Otherwise, warning point! :lol:

Back