• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Curry????

Today I tried my first curry ever and it was so good! It was extra hot green curry from a Thai restraint. The heat was ok.(I put super hot powder on everything, so tolerance is higher than an average joe) What curry's do you eat? Which curry should I try next?

It literally translates to Butter Chicken. And it looks delicious!

Good stuff there.

Honestly I think I should move it.

Red curried chicken:

Chicken thighs with salt, pepper, coriander, and a little lime juice:
DSC_0259.JPG

The veggies (sweet potato, zucchini, butternut squash, onion, jalapeno:
DSC_0262.JPG

Brown the chicken a bit and remove to bowl:
DSC_0263.JPG

Cook the hard veggies:
DSC_0264.JPG

Add the softer veggies and chicken:
DSC_0265.JPG

Put curry in bowl, add some cilantro and enjoy (this one made me sweat a bit):
DSC_0266.JPG

Thanks for looking.

Yum.

We used to not know about the boneless thighs and all of our pan-cooked chicken turned rubbery in the end ...

I should go back and re-evaluate some of those curry dishes as such.

Looks really nice.

grantmichaels said:
We used to not know about the boneless thighs and all of our pan-cooked chicken turned rubbery in the end ...

You just debone a thigh. Magic!

The Hot Pepper said:

You just debone a thigh. Magic!

Yeah, we were cubing boneless breast meat ... and it was VERY lackluster ... reminded me of mom's school night stir fried chicken and veg, and not in a good way =)

I will say, though, that in my travels across the net I've come upon a piece of lawn furniture that folks seem to like, and say approximates a tandoor oven in final result (yes, I know the temp of a true tandoor, as well as the cost ($2k)):

http://www.charbroil.com/the-big-easy-tru-infrared/the-big-easy-smoker-roaster-and-grill-14101550.html

If you poke around you can find folks using metal skewers in that apparatus and even throwing dough against the sides to make naan ...

EDITED IN: http://forums.egullet.org/topic/145630-cooking-with-the-char-broil-oil-less-big-easy-fryer/

I'm liking buddy's curry dishes quite a lot each time ...

Man, it was great (for me) when D was making curry often! LOL ...

WOWWWWOWOWOW!

I like your improv curry.

The way you reduced the curry until it sticks to the meat looks like a malay style curry similar to rendang. Fantastic!

D tried ... we couldn't get the outside to be anything like the take-out one's we get in town ...

I remember wondering it it was phyllo after our attempt ...

Back