food D3monic "Can" Cook but Allergies Suck!

Looks good cuz the separation is good, pesto can be intense, nice pie...

Now my crusts

First is Pesto with spinach and balsamic onions for the bottom layer

Mozz, Parmesan and the shredded mozz romano, peppers, olives, mushrooms OMFG one the best pies i've made. Crust turned out perfect

Next is my red sauce pizza

Light spinach under cheese, olives, pepperoni, peppers, balsamic onions and fresh basil

Left overs for tomorrow. I have to say of the two the pesto one is my favorite

I used the same recipe I had for the throwdown but this time it turned out much better

​
[SIZE=large]Pizza Sauce and Crust[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=13pt]Sauce[/SIZE]
< >
[SIZE=small]1 can tomato sauce[/SIZE]
[SIZE=small]1 can tomato paste[/SIZE]
[SIZE=small]1/2 cup diced red onion[/SIZE]
[SIZE=small]3 cloves of garlic chopped[/SIZE]
[SIZE=small]1 T fresh cut basil[/SIZE]
[SIZE=small]1 T oregano[/SIZE]
[SIZE=small]1 T Marjoram[/SIZE]
[SIZE=small]1/2 T rosemary[/SIZE]
[SIZE=small]1/4 T black pepper[/SIZE]
[SIZE=small]1/8 T cayenne[/SIZE]
[SIZE=small]1/8 T smoked crushed super hots[/SIZE]
[SIZE=small]1/2 T Sugar[/SIZE]
[SIZE=small]1/2 T fennel seeds[/SIZE]
[SIZE=small]1 T olive oil [/SIZE]
Add olive oil to pan, saute onions and garlic until translucent. Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 20-30 mins over med-low heat.

[SIZE=large]Crust[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=small]5 1/4 cups (24 ounces by weight) unbleached bread flour[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=small]2 teaspoons (0.5 oz.) kosher salt[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=small]1 1/4 teaspoons (0.14 oz.) instant yeast (or 1 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast dissolved in the water)[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=small]2 tablespoons (1 oz.) olive oil (optional)[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=small]1 tablespoons (1/2 oz.) sugar or honey (optional)[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=small]2 1/4 cups (18 oz.) room temp water[/SIZE]
[SIZE=small]Instructions[/SIZE]

1. [SIZE=small]You can mix this by hand with a big spoon or in an electric mixer using the paddle (not the dough hook).[/SIZE]

2. [SIZE=small]Combine all the ingredients in the bowl and mix for one minute, to form a coarse, sticky dough ball.[/SIZE]

3. [SIZE=small]Let the dough rest for five minutes, then mix again for one minute to make a smooth, very tacky ball of dough.[/SIZE]

4. [SIZE=small]Transfer the dough to a lightly oiled work surface, rub a little oil on your hands, and fold the dough into a smooth ball. Let it rest on the work surface for 5 minutes and then stretch and fold the dough into a tight ball. Repeat this again, two more times, at 5 minute intervals. Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and immediately place in the refrigerator. The dough can be used anywhere from 6 hours to three days after it goes in the fridge.[/SIZE]

5. [SIZE=small]When ready to make the pizzas, pull the dough from the refrigerator two hours prior to when you plan to bake. Divide the dough into five 8-ounce pieces (if there is any extra dough divide it evenly among the dough balls). With either oil or flour on your hands, form each piece into a tight dough ball and place on a lightly oiled pan. Mist the dough balls with spray oil and cover loosely with plastic wrap or place the pan inside a large plastic bag.[/SIZE]

6. [SIZE=small]Give the dough at least 90 minutes before making the pizzas. If you don’t plan to use them all, place the extra dough balls inside of an oiled freezer bag and keep in the refrigerator (for up to three days) or in the freezer (for up to three months).[/SIZE]

D3monic said:
I hope it turns out well, this will be the longest ive fermented dough. I only had a couple cups bread flour and had to use all purpose for the rest.
The mixed flour is not an issue to me and will be fine. Just give the dough a couple of hours at room temps before you stretch it. I have 5 lbs of bread and all purpose flour left, then I am going to try some different flours and see if I get different results.

D3monic said:
having an allergic reaction again and have no idea what cause it. Lips all swollen and hives on mah face. 

i sometimes get a little heat flush when i use pepper and get hot by the oven ...

the other night i had what looked like hives for a little while ...

it's when i sweat and there are things in the steam and hot air from the oven that when my pores are so open from sweating, it irritates them ...

bieber_pouty.jpg

Back