• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

D3monic's Crossing Project/Community Grow

Click for Currently Crossed ListWill keep it updated as new crosses are added.

Butch T Yellow and Bahamian Goat won the poll!
  1. Aji Omni Color (4 votes [8.16%]
  2. bullet_star_rated.png
     Bahamian Goat (14 votes [28.57%]
  3. bullet_star_rated.png
     Butch T Yellow (9 votes [18.37%]
  4. Aji Crystal (3 votes [6.12%] 
  5. Caribbean Red Habanero (3 votes [6.12%]
  6. Paper Lantern Habanero (7 votes [14.29%] 
  7. Bolsa De Dulce (3 votes [6.12%]
  8. White Bhut (6 votes [12.24%] 

Alrighty folks! It's almost plant out time and that means that my basement and lights are going to be freed up for some crossing projects through the summer. 

I have 4 DWC buckets available for growing peppers indoors all summer. (not to mention racks for seedling growout)
2 spots are already taken by White Fatalii and CGN-21500.

These Plants will be the Base for all my other crosses. Meaning that I will use pollen from plants that are outdoors in the rest of my collection crossed with these. These will be tagged and harvested and grown out in the basement to choose phenos. I'm planning on going for taste more than heat. 

Plants to choose from  

My biggest focus will be crossing the White Fatalii with CGN-21500 but will do plenty of other crosses with them as well. 

Here is my entire grow list and potential candidates to be crossed with my final choices (hope that makes sense)

Bhut Orange Copenhagen
Jays Peach Scorpion
Fatalii
Bonda ma Jaques
Butch T Yellow
Sweet Datil
Bulsa de dulce
Aji Omni-color
Aji Limon
Fidalga Roxa
White Bullet Hab
Paper Lantern Hab.
Jamaican Hot Chocolate hab.
White Fatalii
White Bhut jolokia
Urfa Biber
Inca Berry
Caribbean Red Hab
Aji Pineapple
BG7
Orange Wild Brazil
Goatsweed
Chocolate Habanero
Mystery Hababhut?
Scotch Bonnets
Taquila Sunrise "Hot"
Fooled you jalapeno
Yellow Primo
White Devils tongue
7pot Yellow brainstrain
Trinidad Giant yellow congo
Bahamian goat
Aji Crystal
Cumari do Para
Carolina Reaper
7pot Yellow
Yaki brown
Xalapa Jalapeno
Pink Tiger 
Criola Sella
7pot White 
Tepin X Lemon drop (iso) F2 
Aji Amarillo 
MOA Scotch Bonnet 
Champion (baccatum)
Large Orange Thai (growdown throwdown)
Yellow bhut
Australian Lantern Habanero
CGN-21500
Carbonero

Once the poll is complete Thursday night- the two winning plants will be moved to the hydro system and this thread will serve as my grow log for this project. 

Y'all are more than welcome to offer suggestions as to what you would like to see crossed with what as well. I'm sure I will be sharing seeds with most of you at some point (prolly F2? maybe some F1's)

Plantguy76 said:
Michael if the moa X Bahamian Goat cross takes I would be interested in any seeds if available please

I'm going to keep trying to get it. Hopefully have something by the end of the year.There's a few crosses I want for sure and they just don't seem to be cooperating. Worse case I should have F2s before next season starts. I'm trying to germinate them as fast as I get them 

Goatsweed X butch t yellow
goatsweed X bahamian goat
Moa Bonnet X bahamian goat
Bahamian goat x Butch T
Serrano X Aji Pineapple... one these days they will take. Just going to keep trying. 

D3monic said:

I'm going to keep trying to get it. Hopefully have something by the end of the year.There's a few crosses I want for sure and they just don't seem to be cooperating. Worse case I should have F2s before next season starts. I'm trying to germinate them as fast as I get them 

Goatsweed X butch t yellow
goatsweed X bahamian goat
Moa Bonnet X bahamian goat
Bahamian goat x Butch T
Serrano X Aji Pineapple... one these days they will take. Just going to keep trying. 
Michael all of those sound like cool & interesting crosses best of luck with them!

Picked the ripe "Not" 7pot Yellow brainstrain that was pollinated by Butch T Yellow. Curious to see how the cross looks. About to crack it open and see what it smells/tastes like. Hopefully lots of seeds. Justin said they was growing next to datil... I can kind of see it, what do you guys think? My other 7pot yellow bs looks to be growing true. 

_MG_0964.JPG

_MG_0966.JPG

Just tried the Not a 7pot. Smells fairly strong like a 7pot from a distance. Up close it has bell pepper hints. Flesh while medium walled is tender to chew. Sharp upfront tongue heat that gives way almost as fast as it hits. Bell and citrus flavors but only the pleasant part of a bell flavor not the watery greenish taste. I'm really happy with this mystery cross and can't wait to see how it turns out crossed with the butch T. Hopefully I'll get some germination. I haven't gotten any from the pod that was crossed with Aji Limon.

RocketMan said:
Man, some really good looking crosses going on here. It'll be be very interesting see how they come out, especially the MOA Bonnett x Bahamian Goat, two of my favorites.

Happy 4th Brother!
I am with you RocketMan for me Michael this is a "must have" and on my wish list ... great glog happy 4th July

Thanks, I'll keep at that one until It takes. Baha goat in the hydro has tons of flowers now and has yeilded plenty of pollen. Hopefully all the freezing and thawing doesn't affect it much. I try and collect fresh every time I pull the pollen out of the freezer. Moa bonnet on the other hand is only producing a flower or two at a time so making it hard to work with. We have a few dry days coming up so going to hit everything with some nutes and hopefully it will start to take off.

Just hit two more flowers on Moa Bonnet with Baha Goat

3 Flowers on Aji Pineapple with Butch T Yellow

2 Flowers on Paper Lantern Hab with Baha Goat. 

Serranos that was pollinated with Aji Pineapple look promising. 

chocolatescotchbonnet said:
i want dem seeds!

so far out of crossing both ways with that, it's the first one to take. ... No seeds for u!  

lol.

Hopefully they germinate. That's another thing i'm having difficulty with. Piss poor germ rates. Only had one seed so far germ and it died. Got some "not a 7pot" X Butch T yellow soaking now that need to go into a paper towel. 

D3monic said:
Picked the ripe "Not" 7pot Yellow brainstrain that was pollinated by Butch T Yellow. Curious to see how the cross looks. About to crack it open and see what it smells/tastes like. Hopefully lots of seeds. Justin said they was growing next to datil... I can kind of see it, what do you guys think? My other 7pot yellow bs looks to be growing true. 

attachicon.gif
_MG_0964.JPG

attachicon.gif
_MG_0966.JPG

Just tried the Not a 7pot. Smells fairly strong like a 7pot from a distance. Up close it has bell pepper hints. Flesh while medium walled is tender to chew. Sharp upfront tongue heat that gives way almost as fast as it hits. Bell and citrus flavors but only the pleasant part of a bell flavor not the watery greenish taste. I'm really happy with this mystery cross and can't wait to see how it turns out crossed with the butch T. Hopefully I'll get some germination. I haven't gotten any from the pod that was crossed with Aji Limon.
I doubt it crossed with datil.  datil is a small pod with habanero heat.  I would think a cross would have been smaller and hotter than you have.  I did have 9 sweet peppers all different varieties about 15 feet away, probably crossed with one of those.

Aji Pineapple pollinated with Butch T yellow.. so happy that 2 of these finally took

Still waiting on a few to ripen outdoors

aji amarillo X caribbean red are taking forever to ripen. Probably still have a ways to go. 

Lemon Drop X Inca berry is started to get some ripe pods on it but going to let them sit till almost rotting to see if I can get better germ rates than I have been (0 so far)  :'(

Any luck with the Bahamian goat X Moa yellow scotch bonnet?
Also how are the butch T X Bahamian goat pods doing?
I like the aji Amarillo X Caribbean Red Habanero =Amarillo Habanero

Back