contest December Throwdown Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hummmm, Yeah Cajun, I think I could so something like that.
<hope SL doens't find out that i dated a Cajun Lady in college>

let's see <opening firdge> chicken, oysters, Champagne, check check check. I think I have an idea.......

Fun facts:

-I have so many cajun cookbooks I've lost count.

-The first meal I ever learned to make on my own was a jambalaya.

-I can make a perfect roux after 20 beers.......with my eyes closed.

-Real cajun food isn't pretty....but tastes better than any other food on the planet.

-Paul Pruhdomme and Justin Wilson are household names here at the Circle-H

YAY CAJUN!!

Fun facts:

-I have so many cajun cookbooks I've lost count.

-The first meal I ever learned to make on my own was a jambalaya.

-I can make a perfect roux after 20 beers.......with my eyes closed.

-Real cajun food isn't pretty....but tastes better than any other food on the planet.

-Paul Pruhdomme and Justin Wilson are household names here at the Circle-H

YAY CAJUN!!

Well, I ain't skeerd!

Hummmm, Yeah Cajun, I think I could so something like that.
<hope SL doens't find out that i dated a Cajun Lady in college>

let's see <opening firdge> chicken, oysters, Champagne, check check check. I think I have an idea.......

Adding to the list for me, eh RocketMan??? :lol: :cool:

I'm so screwed for this one if it's Cajun- Pauly, can I borrow 1 or 10 of your cookbooks?

well after making redeye gravy without the coffee, I'd probably do something like make jambalaya without okra or something.

I can do a mean roux, so at least that parts covered, and I've seen Emeril's holy trinity stuff, as previously mentioned... the rest would have to be following a recipe since I haven't had any experience with Cajun cooking.

Hubby's spent a little time in N'Awleens, but I don't think making the perfect Hurricane will secure a win by itself. :lol:

...well SL, if we end up doing Cajun, I'll be glad to send you a recipe for whatever meat ingredient you want to use.

well after making redeye gravy without the coffee, I'd probably do something like make jambalaya without okra or something.

I can do a mean roux, so at least that parts covered, and I've seen Emeril's holy trinity stuff, as previously mentioned... the rest would have to be following a recipe since I haven't had any experience with Cajun cooking.

Hubby's spent a little time in N'Awleens, but I don't think making the perfect Hurricane will secure a win by itself. :lol:

It's more about the STYLE of cooking than it is about authenticity. If it was, then all the entries would look the same. I think you know more about cajun food than you think. Someone that can create those wonderful sauces that I've tried has a heart in the bayou to be sure!

P.S. I hate okra and do NOT put it in my jambalaya......SO THERE!!!

:rofl:

Thanks, Coach,

It would be better to use a tried and true recipe instead of just looking for some recipe on the internet. If Cajun gets the call, I'll be looking for help for sure!

It's more about the STYLE of cooking than it is about authenticity. If it was, then all the entries would look the same. I think you know more about cajun food than you think. Someone that can create those wondeful sauces that I've tried has a heart in the bayou to be sure!

P.S. I hate okra and do NOT put it in my jambalaya......SO THERE!!!

:rofl:

Thanks, Pauly, you're a sweetheart...... and YAY!!! No Okra!

I don't believe in all my cajun/creole life that I've ever had okra in my jambalaya. It's either in seafood gumbo, fried or stewed.

I don't believe in all my cajun/creole life that I've ever had okra in my jambalaya. It's either in seafood gumbo, fried or stewed.

SEE!!! There you go! I don't even know to put okra in gumbo instead of jambalaya! I'm so screwed for this one!

Time to make another rule for self- "if you've never cooked Cajun before, you should sit this one out".
:lol:

SEE!!! There you go! I don't even know to put okra in gumbo instead of jambalaya! I'm so screwed for this one!

Time to make another rule for self- "if you've never cooked Cajun before, you should sit this one out".
:lol:

That's a negative......you will be in it.

I have spoken.

Salsalady if you can make an awsome roux well now, that's half the battle. I may have to go for a drive in the country to keep it real cajun. Like my former girl friends daddy used to say for true ragin cajun flavor you cna't beat opossum on the half shell, that's Armadillo any where else. Taste like chicken!! :party:

Salsalady if you can make an awsome roux well now, that's half the battle. I may have to go for a drive in the country to keep it real cajun. Like my former girl friends daddy used to say for true ragin cajun flavor you cna't beat opossum on the half shell, that's Armadillo any where else. Taste like chicken!! :party:

If you cook with armadillo, I will vote for you.

That's so awesome that there's no word awesome enough to describe it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back