• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

DICKT POLL GLOBAL WARMING

Is human activity melting polar ice

• Believe

Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Don't Believe

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 6 21.4%

• Total voters
I know that you said not to get into a discussion on the subject of global warming, which I am not. I would just like to point out the wording you use. I notice this alot when it comes to science and it's a practice that needs to be eliminated.

"Believe". Do youbelive in this, or do you believe in that. Belief denotes faith, faith denotes religion. Science should be based on facts, not religion. ;)

imaguitargod said:
I know that you said not to get into a discussion on the subject of global warming, which I am not. I would just like to point out the wording you use. I notice this alot when it comes to science and it's a practice that needs to be eliminated.

"Believe". Do youbelive in this, or do you believe in that. Belief denotes faith, faith denotes religion. Science should be based on facts, not religion. ;)

Exactly.......... Retain that thought process youngman, you hit the nail on the head. Facts facts facts, no fakes. And now you have an assignment.

I, we need the factual location of Mount Kilamanjero, get on it. Turtle soup, make it snappy...

I dislike the word "global warming"

Dipshits are notorious for saying "It feels cold! Global warming my ass!"

It is, in fact, CLIMATE CHANGE.

Oh yeah, and a big ol' Texas style HELL YES to climate change.

cheezydemon said:
I dislike the word "global warming"

Dipshits are notorious for saying "It feels cold! Global warming my ass!"

It is, in fact, CLIMATE CHANGE.

Oh yeah, and a big ol' Texas style HELL YES to climate change.

DS read the question , yes or no to us melting polar ice. LOL

Also remember that this a forum of green thumbs which has a lot to do with the subject at hand.

As far as I am concerned, Climate Change is not CAUSED by us, there fore we humans are not melting the icecaps. We are merely if at all helping it along at a slightly(less than .001%) faster pace. To me it just seems that this is the first time that we have actually been able to accurately record what the earth is doing so honestly, how do we know it didnt heat up/cool down this fast a thousand years ago. Because some scientist tested some rock means he/she knows exactly what temp we had 10,000 years ago, I think not. I voted no.

Novacastrian said:
First deaths related to "global warming" that i am aware of. Some people are so frickin stupid..

http://www.news.com.au/world/family-massacred-over-global-warming-fears/story-e6frfkyi-1225835900133

I guess they didn't hear the whole thing was a hoax, That is sad though. I just heard on the radio, there was an Apple share holders meeting ( Al Gore sits on The BOD) supposably AL was saying something and they all started laughing at him, and voted to remove him from the board. It's going to get interesting when they really start to investigate this thing, a lot of money down the tubes.

GLOBAL WARMING Is a Myth created by Margaret Thatcher and lapped up by USA having turned into a political tool to keep developing nations where they are and destroy un developed nations on energy front.

Global warming and cooling directly depends upon sun spot activity.
Last 50,000 years plotting of sunspot activity has confirmed this fact.

I strongly believe this fact.

NJA

I am not debating but giving my opinion poll as negative human causes.

( I STRONGLY BELIEVE IN SCIENTIFIC FACTS AND NOT FICTION PUT FORTH BY PSUDO SCIENTS AND POLITICIANS)
Please watch this documentry

[video]http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/great-global-warming-swindle/[/video]

This subject is so strong that it made me break my resolve to desist from posting on THP.

Too bad you've banned yourself, I think it would be very interesting to hear how a practicing astrologer who can predict earthquakes distinguishes science from pseuodscience.

PatchenPepperMan said:
Too bad you've banned yourself, I think it would be very interesting to hear how a practicing astrologer who can predict earthquakes distinguishes science from pseuodscience.

A bevy of educationists, professors , researchers depend upon Global warming bogey for their daily bread. They are clinging onto this pseudo subject with all their might.
Carbon emission by man is nothing compared to other emissions from hellava lot of sources like active or fuming volcanoes, plants etc.

This subject is very touchy and I would not like to be dragged into un necessary net diohorrea.

NJA

PatchenPepperMan said:
Plants as net emitters of carbon? Fascinating, tell me more about how your world works.

just a little bit from Carbon dioxide wiki page

Carbon dioxide is used by plants during photosynthesis to make sugars, which may either be consumed in respiration or used as the raw material to produce other organic compounds needed for plant growth and development. It is produced during respiration by plants, and by all animals, fungi and microorganisms that depend either directly or indirectly on plants for food. It is thus a major component of the carbon cycle.

By the way, what I wrote as "Net "diarrhea" to indicate that it would consume a lot of typing and filling up cyber space un necessarily.

oh dear lord. Yes, plants emit some co2 in respiration, burning organic molecules they previously synthesized by absorbing co2. But many more molecules, also made by absorbing co2, are not burned. That's how plants grow. Thus the net effect is absorption, not emission. Except for a few parasitic orchids, that must be what you meant. Not very many of those though...

Eat more beef. The cows are destroying the environment with methane!

thehotpepper.com said:
Eat more beef. The cows are destroying the environment with methane!

If one is sure of this, then he or she would be of great help to global warming scientists and governments.
Go ahead sir. The world's cows are yours.

Back