• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Dillo's Grow Log 2009

Moving from one house to another at 30° F, though 4 miles only, was a lot of stress for my plants. The neglect during all the moving and cleaning up activities added some stress too and caused some severe setback for my plants. This is how far they recovered until now.

The plants in the wintergarden:
WintergartenPlantageApril.jpg

My biggest plant so far: Aji Pineapple
AjiPineapplePlantApril01.jpg

Tepin
Tepin-1.jpg

Here's today's little harvest: Orange Habanero, Nepali Orange, Aji Pineapple.

IMG_7977.jpg

Edit: I tried a good piece of a Nepali orange pod and cut some pods into some noodles with spinach. Did I lose my heat tolerance or are they THAT hot? Yeehaw! And tasty!

Silver_Surfer said:
Nice pods!

Is the Nepali Orange an annuum or a frutescens? My web search yields conflicting results.

I also found both informations. The Asian name is Polo Pipiki but I don't know which language this name comes from. By the use of this name I can tell that the different sources seem to talk about the same variety even if they don't agree about annuum or frutescens.

Armadillo said:
I also found both informations. The Asian name is Polo Pipiki but I don't know which language this name comes from. By the use of this name I can tell that the different sources seem to talk about the same variety even if they don't agree about annuum or frutescens.

Yeah, sounds like you hit the same sites. :)

Here's todays tiny little harvest. Some plants are full of pods (Tabasco, Lemon Drop, Aji pineapple) but no ripe ones, some plants grow a lot of flowers but only a few pods until now (Bhut jolokia, 7 Pot, Rocoto). My Jalapenos are bad producers.

So this is what I picked today:

IMG_7979.jpg

Upper row left to right: Apache (bought the plant), orange habanero, cayenne
Lower row left to right: Uganda chinense (not fully ripe but since that dog attack that was the only pod, I hope it will grow some more), Nepali orange, cash cow (still don't know what variety that is) and Turkish pepperoni

Plants are looking good Dillo. It is hard to tell from the pics, but it looks like you have a nice little retreat in your backyard as well.

Josh said:
Plants are looking good Dillo. It is hard to tell from the pics, but it looks like you have a nice little retreat in your backyard as well.

That's true. It's a southside yard with alpine view. There is agricultural area and water protection area south of our yard so no one will ever built something obstructing this view.

Back