• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Espechilis Season 2010

Very nice plants you have there. They look nice and healthy and congrats on already having pods to enjoy so soon. It seems you are well on your way to a good season.

Your peppers grow unimaginably quickly... And this only on a windowsill... :think:
Mines are much slower. Good job Ingo!

Thx.

Oh yes, a garden would be really great. Could do some tomatoes then and other cool stuff. Sometimes I am dreaming about these things but well, I have to deal with it like it is. :)

7Pod jungle

From the left: three times Yellow 7Pod, two times Trinidad Douglah and one 7Pod Jonah

One of the yellow 7Pods is the biggest, it reaches about 95cm today :lol:

Got the first harvest for this year :) It's really nice, to eat some fresh chilis again.

Up: Aji Cristal - Fatalii - Hungarian Paprika
Middle: Yellow 7Pod - Masquerade - Limon
Down: Salmon

Thank you.

@Nate: Didn't eat the salmon yet. But I liked the flavour last year, very good for making some powder.

The Aji Cristal were eaten yesterday. Very fresh taste with a little bit of sour in it. Wouldn't believe it, but their taste is better, when they just begin ripening. Got them with some ham and feta:

Very nice, but I would have appreciated a little bit more heat... ;)

Time for a little update again. Have a look at my windows, I could hardly take a look outside. ;)

From left to right: Yellow 7Pod, 2x Habanero Orange, Sweet Paprika

Chocolate Bhut Jolokia, Rocoto de Seda, Hungarian Chili, Numex Suave Orange

Aji Cristall, Naga Morich

Yellow 7 Pod, Trinidad Scorpion Yellow Cardi (the little one (thx Nate)), 2x Trinidad Douglah

The first ripe Trinidad Douglah, staying just very small ;)

And a few Yellow 7Pod. The one in the middle is just beginning to ripe at the upper left.

Well, the little Douglah was already eaten :) Too little, to contain any seeds. I am now waiting for the bigger ones. The Douglah really has tons of flowers, but only very few lead to fruits. Perhaps I will pollinate them with an Annuum, as soon as I got my desired seeds.

In a few days I could already harvest the next load of chilis. Here is a Limon and a Fatalii:

I find it amazing that you've had such success with them only in a window. Awesome work.

How was the Douglah by the way?

Back