food Everythang' Tex-Mex!

Oh it is runny. I put two on the plate, and while Heather was eating hers, Lucas decided he needed attention so my second one is rather like a double dipped French Dip right now.

Have no fear. I am adapting, improvising, and overcoming. Giant fajitazilla number two is going into the oven to crisp up a bit.

I am going to attempt to make some real Tex-Mex tonight. This would be steak and chicken fajitas.

TB gonna git you! You better call that Cal-Mex real quick or else! :lol: Should be skirt steak, no chicken, no olives. Hey but that is real good looking!

Oh no. I am now three twenty ounce glasses full of Vella Blush. I AM A GENIUS! THis is going to be great! Stey tuned. Oh wait. This isn't the drunken chef. Maybe I should take it there.

true story. once i was in texas and a mexican molested me in the bathroom of a shady bar. does this count as tex-mex??

Beef, onion and peppers

Homemade tortillas, guacamole

Too tired for words, pics do the rest

Attachments

• SDC11665.JPG
    SDC11665.JPG
    353 KB · Views: 86
  • SDC11669.JPG
    SDC11669.JPG
    368.8 KB · Views: 81
  • SDC11670.JPG
    SDC11670.JPG
    378.4 KB · Views: 85
  • SDC11676.JPG
    SDC11676.JPG
    371.6 KB · Views: 86
Fish tacos with my home made whole wheat tortillas. Slaw and hot sauce home made as well:)

Attachments

• IMG_0313.JPG
    IMG_0313.JPG
    116.1 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_0315.JPG
    IMG_0315.JPG
    125.2 KB · Views: 89
Awesome back to back home made tortilla's!

Booma ~ thats a fantastic looking taco. You sure you weren't born in Texas and then kidnapped to Aussieland as a kid?

Adamrb ~ not just home made but whole wheat home made! You get extry points for that and big points for fish taco's in general. What kind o' fish is that? And yes, whole wheat fish taco's trump your burger (ahem) misfortune in the other thread. Post another proper burger over there in the future and the "misfortune" shall be forgotten and never spoken of again. :surprised:

Ehh I don't eat red meat so I don't really belong in that thread. A turkey burger is barely a burger. A burger must have cow in it. The fish is Spanish Mack. I was going to use some bluefish we caught a couple weeks ago but the spanish was older so it had to exit the freezer. Hopefully I get some stripers and or bluefish this weekend and more tacos will be had. That was the best fish taco I've ever had or made, was fantasizing about it all day at work looking at the pic.

I try my best to eat nothing but whole grains. So anything I post whether it be home made pasta, home made pizza or tortillas will be whole wheat flour. Ever since I got rid of white from my diet things move through me like the bullet train. The only time I will eat any white is sushi because white rice sushi is 10x better then brown, for the most part.

Awesome back to back home made tortilla's!

Booma ~ thats a fantastic looking taco. You sure you weren't born in Texas and then kidnapped to Aussieland as a kid?

Possibly...... Considering the way I eat.... You never know.

Got a crazy idea brewing right now, should be epic, Hopefully

Also TB, got some Atlantic salmon.... Ideas? Tacos? Smoked? Let me know. Never cooked with it

TB gonna git you! You better call that Cal-Mex real quick or else! :lol: Should be skirt steak, no chicken, no olives. Hey but that is real good looking!

BTW - Chicken Fajitas and Chicken Enchiladas Suiza are very popular Tex-Mex dishes, and yeah, some places use olives..... just sayin'!

Oh just messin' with Jay's "real Tex-Mex" chicken fajitas, since the word fajitas literally means skirt steak :). I know they serve all kinds of fajitas, but the original Tex-Mex dish was "sizzling fajitas" as in sizzling skirt steak. Just another one of those Americanized terms now like salsa and queso. Save fajitas!

What, yu no likee queso cheese???

Just ribbin' - you wouldn't ever hear me say "queso cheese" like that and mean it! ;)

Back