food Everythang' Tex-Mex!

Mmmm I may make some more of my bastard fajitas today with flat iron steak. They were so good. I might even put some queso cheese on them.

Damn.

I am sorely tempted to make some queso as well.

Since joining the ranks of the employed recently (day off today) I haven't been to the local Try-N-Save in over a week and my fridge is a barren wasteland.

No wonder I lost 4 pounds this week. I haven't been eating much.

I really want queso but I gotta' craving for fish tacos!!

Give us some fish taco love!

I got some Atlantic salmon sitting here right now..... Give me some ideas TB

Trying to do the whole eating a little little little healthier at the moment, gotta get in shape for summer haha

Booma' I'm thinking of tossing some fresh fish, possibly salmon, into the Queez and giving it a hamburger like grind, then adding an egg, hot stuff, maybe some capers and minced onion and garlic, and either oat meal or bread crumbs and making cakes out of them. Cook them in cast iron and then break into pieces and serve on corn tortillas with shredded cabbage and some lime crema.

Purty' dang healthy stuff. Reckon I'll go with the oatmeal over bread crumbs as it healthier than just plain bread crumbs.

Shrimp tacos sound good too. For them I just buy small shrimps and saute with a lot of garlic and hot sauce. I usually use my own hot sauce but Siriacha works great, so does sweet thai chile sauce.

If I'm feelin' frisky I may make up my own whole wheat tortilla's but at the moment I have an unopened 24 pack of corn tortilla's in my fridge to get rid of.

It ain't Tuesday but its definitely looking like a taco night for moi!

Taco up ya'll!

I made some amazing sword fish tacos the other night. No pix sorry, was too hungry. Cut into basically bite sized marinated in lime juice, lime zest, garlic, cilantro, tequila, dash of soy sauce, olive oil, sambal sauce and cumin. Then I dumped most of the sauce and broiled it until golden with a slight charring. Served with red slaw and whole wheat home made tortillas. Was a big hit, everyone was skeptical at first of the home made tortillas, home made hot sauce and my crazy looking red slaw. But they stuffed their faces so it must have been good!

Hmmmph!

I went to the local Try-N-Save and they didn't have doodly squat for salmon, and what they did have was overpriced out the yin yang. They did have some grogeous US of A farmed steelhead for $7.99 a pound.

Somehow a sixer of Alaskan Amber hosky fell into my cart along the way too.

IMG_4152.jpg

Y'all know how I roll. I cook everthang in cast iron.

IMG_4154.jpg

Initially I was going to make cakes out of these but it was getting late.

I generously splooged Huy Fong Chile Garlic sauce all over the pheesh.

IMG_4155.jpg

The best way to get a nice chew on a soft corn tortilla is to slap it on a cast iron comal.

Done just right there is no need to double up on the tortillas.

IMG_4156.jpg

A little shredded cabbage and some fat free yogurt with lime juice and zest.

The tastes of the fish, the chile garlic, and the yogurt 'splode all up in yer mouf'!

And its all healthy n' sheeit too!

IMG_4157.jpg

Got me enough for leftovers tonight too.

I'm pert near sure that Jesus had fish tacos at The Last Supper.

Well he sure as sheeeit didn't have no Deer Turd Chilidogs! Zing!

$7.99 aint shabby at all for Steelheads in your localliation.

Party at TBs tonite!

Salmon and garlic yogurt TB has pulled a Grant and posted in the wrong topic :lol:

TB, no way in HAIL that is Tex-Mex!!!! Now you can't make fun of JayT's Phila-Mex.

Phake-Mex.

All I can say is TB's own "weird shit-o-meter" FAILed.

Salmon and garlic yogurt TB has pulled a Grant and posted in the wrong topic :lol:

TB, no way in HAIL that is Tex-Mex!!!! Now you can't make fun of JayT's Phila-Mex.

Plah!

I dina' knowed where elsetess to post it.

Correct you are sir that it is indeed not Tex-Mex.

But it IS taco TB ified.

Texas Style.

Reckon I should posted it in Last Spicy Meal thread to keep it copasetic.

Salmon and yogurt, huh???

Does Dannon make a "Fish on the Bottom" snack size that I can take to work?

I used a Greek style non fat yogurt that came in a container just a tad larger than the Dannon stuff.

I started using the stuff about 6 months ago instead of Mexican crema which has a heap of fat and bad juju cholesterol in it.

The yogurt lime is really snappy but not overly tart and really makes that fish pop!

Doesn't Dannon market a sardine yogurt?

Take that to work and nobody will steal your lunch.

TB your FRESH salmon looks heaps better than mine, also does cast iron BBQ count????

Ok well tonight i think my love of seafood just increased drammatically. Made some homemade wholemeal tortillas, sriracha shrimp and sweet chilli salmon. Couple of scallops in the mix, but were eaten before the hit the tortilla, and the shrimp got a tasting of mango

Sauce was a mayonnaise, lemon, lime and dill blend with a heap of Slap Ya Mama added in. All topped with some fresh jalapenos.

Attachments

• SDC11681.JPG
    SDC11681.JPG
    372.1 KB · Views: 69
  • SDC11686.JPG
    SDC11686.JPG
    375.8 KB · Views: 74
  • SDC11689.JPG
    SDC11689.JPG
    373.3 KB · Views: 62
  • SDC11692.JPG
    SDC11692.JPG