• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Everything Fried

Searched for a deep fried thread....there probably is one but I didn't find it. But who doesn't love fried food? So here's my start to the "everything fried" topic. 

Tonkatsu, not to be confused with tonkotsu soup. With a tonkatsu sauce (non fructose heinz ketchup, worcestershire, soy sauce, mirin, brown sugar, garlic powder, dijon mustard, hot sauce)

Attachments

• tonkatsu.jpg
    tonkatsu.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 1,316
BigB said:
ayam goreng, malaysian fried chicken. marinated 24hr with the paste which is mostly shallots, ginger,garlic, thai chilis, lemon grass, sugar, salt, turmeric, fennel, coriander, madras curry powder 

That's a great dish there. This thread rocks.

Green Onion Cakes.

First time trying it, tasted good, not fluffy as they should be , guessing pan was not hot enough for them to puff.

Fife flour Dogh
Green onions for one, Chives for the other, Mixed chile powder in the layers.

I used one and a hlaf cup flour then divided it into two.
-Rolled out dough, add onion/chives, then pick a side and roll it like a cigar, then curl it like a snail.
-Roll it out flat careful not to break the surface, add oil to the surface and spread it evenly, lard/butter would make it work better, trying to get layers here.
-Roll it again by the side then curl it again like a snail and roll it flat gently.
Heat in oiled pan on high.
I added cheese on the final time and my Turmeric Hab Sauce to add more kick.

a5X0rkC.jpg

F1GqNF8.jpg

QHkQZV3.jpg

O23b3xc.jpg

7fzLy8e.jpg

I made this the other night. Fried fish with rice and salted duck egg. The fish and sauce are something I copied from one of the local thai restaurants. Came out pretty close to the way they make it.

Attachments

• 20180529_214305-1.jpg
    20180529_214305-1.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 95
Edmick said:
I made this the other night. Fried fish with rice and salted duck egg. The fish and sauce are something I copied from one of the local thai restaurants. Came out pretty close to the way they make it.

what did you use to fry the fish, corn starch? 

BigB said:

what did you use to fry the fish, corn starch? 
Theres a couple peices of salmon in the pic that i used panko for but the white fish (which is what they use at the thai restaurant), I used sweet potato starch. Sometimes I do a mix of sweet potato starch and corn starch. Both ways work well. It keeps that nice crisp even with sauce on it.

sous vide some pork shoulder in lard, then molded it into a sheet tray and cut little logs to then pan fry

this is with tonkatsu sauce
1VyAz9r.jpg

without sauce, and a side quesadilla with refried beans, oaxacan cheese and fresh brussel sprouts
khF4Xlu.jpg

with sauce
AHqg8jR.jpg

My one year House Anniversary Lunch :D

Fish &Chips

Precooked Potato, two kinds, cod dusted in flour and starch. Home made Mayo, Pickled onion, Brown mushrooms. Dusted my recent made Habanero mix spice.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Im stuffed  :shocked:
hlZrGFx.jpg

NBOr06P.jpg

oos5CXz.jpg

dragonsfire said:
My one year House Anniversary Lunch :D

Fish &Chips

Precooked Potato, two kinds, cod dusted in flour and starch. Home made Mayo, Pickled onion, Brown mushrooms. Dusted my recent made Habanero mix spice.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Im stuffed  :shocked:
hlZrGFx.jpg

NBOr06P.jpg

oos5CXz.jpg

WTH?

Is that a cup of coffee?

I'm a sucker for fish n' chips.

And coffee.

One of the best shore lunches I ever made was deep fried lake trout.

With beaucoup tarter and fresh lemon wedges.

Sun dried tomato, habanero, and mushroom mac n' cheese.

And a bigass thermos of coffee.

I like my coffee cheap.

Black.

Hot.

And strong.

Because.

I don't have time to take naps.

Sostenga mi cerveza!

Back