misc f@#$ it im drinking ;)

SPlit (mostly) a 1/2 of a 1/5 of RR wit a neighbor, we also split one of my ebil habs..he didnt die, so yay. Good man.

We had fun discussions too.

whiskey+endorfin=Whee.

Can't tell of jus frelled or high on habs...betetr drink moar.

I have a new love/hate relationship going. It's called Firefly. Sweet tea vodka. It used to be just love, but i managed to rip through a fifth of it last night and i don't feel too swift now.

Sickmont said:
I have a new love/hate relationship going. It's called Firefly. Sweet tea vodka. It used to be just love, but i managed to rip through a fifth of it last night and i don't feel too swift now.

Cool..here's our local distellery...they up to like 98% all-WA state ingredients. :)

http://www.dryflydistilling.com/

Of course, I can't afford it, but it's supposed to be VERY good.

Ya mate, I looked at my fifth of R&R and can't exaplain why there's liek 1.5 shots left when I bought it like two days ago....

QuadShotz said:
Cool..here's our local distellery...they up to like 98% all-WA state ingredients. :)

http://www.dryflydistilling.com/

Of course, I can't afford it, but it's supposed to be VERY good.

Ya mate, I looked at my fifth of R&R and can't exaplain why there's liek 1.5 shots left when I bought it like two days ago....

Nice, their gin looks fab. I'll have to see if it's available here.

Yeah, it all does, but ain't cheep..here's one reason why:

http://www.dryflydistilling.com/blog/

We are #1 - and it sucks!
May 8th, 2009

A couple of days ago the Liquor Board was forced to increase the markup on distilled spirits from 39.2% to 51.9% making our state the highest priced state for spirits in the United States. This was a result of a move by our state government to capture $78 million from the liquor revolving fund ($$ used to run the liquor system.) This capture skirted proposition 960 which does not allow for new taxes unless the measure is passed by a super majority or is put to a vote of the people. So in other words, this is a backhanded way to tax the public. Washington now has taxes/markup TWICE the average of all control states, and SIX times that of private three tier systems, giving a complete new meaning to the tax and spend term. Two other considerations - the Washington Restaurant Association estimates 1300 jobs will be lost as a result of this increase. Also, DISCUS estimates that decreases in volume due to consumer buy down, and purchases being moved across state lines will reduce the income from the increase to $50 million - some $30 million short of the objective. The result of this loss in revenue will result in . . . . . wait for it . . . . another price increase next year to make up for the shortcoming. This will force small distillers to make a choice - allow the price of their products to increase per the changes, or lower the sales price to the state, thus lowering income, to allow for the same shelf price. In short, sales revenue per bottle from Washington could become lower than all other states, in theory forcing Washington distillers to pursue business outside the state as it would become more profitable. Soon Washington will surpass the the 168% average markup in Canada, making us the highest priced spirits in north America. A lofty, but obtainable goal

:(

BTW, They list this as a supplier in FL: http://www.binnys.com/spirits/search/?advs=1&astxt=dry fly

IDK about state/local stores though, GL!

Pizza Beer!

nnvcgh.jpg

I've never had it..but sounds pretty weird.

I'm a beer, wine, & gin & tonic gal. I have been for years. Occasionally I'll get a bourbon & coke. I'm not a fruity girly drink lover by any stretch of the imagination. However, some (gay male) friends introduced me to this drink called a Pink Panty Pulldown. You make it by the pitcher, & it contains vodka, Squirt (the soft drink), & a can of frozen pink lemonade. My friend Amos & his bf Lewis make this for all of their parties.

I was majorly craving these tonight. I took a pitcher & dumped in a fifth of vodka, a 2 liter of squirt, & a can of pink lemonade & I'm going to town!

ImpyChick said:
I'm a beer, wine, & gin & tonic gal. I have been for years. Occasionally I'll get a bourbon & coke. I'm not a fruity girly drink lover by any stretch of the imagination. However, some (gay male) friends introduced me to this drink called a Pink Panty Pulldown. You make it by the pitcher, & it contains vodka, Squirt (the soft drink), & a can of frozen pink lemonade. My friend Amos & his bf Lewis make this for all of their parties.

I was majorly craving these tonight. I took a pitcher & dumped in a fifth of vodka, a 2 liter of squirt, & a can of pink lemonade & I'm going to town!

How's the hangover today, Impy? :lol:

Heh. I've had worse hangovers, that's for sure! I still have a lot of that leftover for tonight. I'm just amazed @ myself for being up & around before noon!

imaguitargod said:
Last night I had a bomber of Stone Cali-Belgiumique (or however it's spelled). Right now I having tone Sublimely Self Righteous. It's ok.

Having some as this is being typed..pause sip.. it's some delicious beer. Has a yeasty flavor to it much like several belgians I've had...along with a nice dose of hops.

Had a bunch of crap beer at a family event, then had 2 Palo Santo's on tap (12%abv) and a bomber of Great Lakes Bourban Aged Blackout Stout from last year.

I had a couple of Olfabrikken Porter ++'s(9.5% ABV) this weekend.....wow, those bad boys were really stout indeed. 2 bottles just about knocked me on my ass.

Got some of the Stone's Smoked Porter today. Took the day off and felt like givin' it a try. WTF- it's good, but make a six pack or somethin'. 4 dollars on sale for a tall bottle? Way to instill angry drunk...

Having a Widmer Double Alt... comes in a bomber. Nice "big beer" and a nice break from "hop fatigue". This sucker is malty as the day is long. Mmmmm...

Now back to my regularly scheduled IPAs.......

Back