misc f@#$ it im drinking ;)

have you got any idea how hard it is to navigate on a net book when you've got bacon-grease hands?? i think not!!

mel said:
yeah i tried.. but he reckons cause he bought home the beer its my turn to cook (again!)...

Pssst, Mel................ (hint) if you over-pepper his food a few times............"OOPS! SORRY, HONEY! I didn't realize how hot this stuff is...." he might get a little more interested in what's going on with his food.;)

SalsaDude learned a long time ago not to make Msl upset while making dinner!

I finally found the drinking thread, and what I was gonna post about is irrelevant to the rest of the work. Petty small-town shit from people who get so much tunnel-vision, they can't see the rest of the world.

I'm talking about "ultra-eco-P/C-hippies" driving their hybrids and erecting rusted recycled junk and calling it art...........and paying the "artist" over $25,000 paid by a GRANT................ and the community/city can't figure out who will pay for cleaning sidewalks, and on the same community BB that are singing the praises of this new "art" piece are appeals from the local shelter for temporary housing for people/families spending nights in cars in freezing temps and a food bank that once a week gives food to over 100 local families.................

I'm talking we live in a SMALL community, less than 5,000 full time residents. $25grand is more than 80% of the people in this area make in a year.

I know what material costs are and in the "true spirit" of our area, I'd bet $100 that the material the artist used was recycled from somewhere, which means the material costs are NOTHING! And the artist gets over $25 THOUSAND..... from a GRANT?????????????

HEY! I'm drinking and on a rant here. I can't say what I'd really like to say on the local forum, so this is the closest I get. And this is the edited version~~~

Sorry, friends.

I posted something about this topic on the local BB last night, deleted it,,,,,,,,,but it still pissed me off this evening, so I posted another.........much tamer version.................

OK- venting over-----------maybe----------------back to drinking----------------

I get where you are coming from salsalady. Stuff like that shits me to no end.
Here we have the gay and lesbian mardi gras AND TAXPAYERS FOOT THE BILL! All so some poofers can get on a float and say look at me i am a homo. Wanna be a homo fair enough but don't use my money to show your "pride".

I agree NovaC~

By taxpayers money, what do you mean? What do the taxpayers pay for? the police/city to close off the street or more? does the "special" parade cost more to the city than a regular parade?

EDIT TO CHANGE- from gay to "special". It's not about any sexual orientation thing. The same question could be posed to animal rights activists who insist the city shut down the streets and allow the animal rights activists FREE access to the city's resources.

Perhaps a better word would be "special interest group".................ever heard THAT one before?

Novacastrian said:
I get where you are coming from salsalady. Stuff like that shits me to no end.
Here we have the gay and lesbian mardi gras AND TAXPAYERS FOOT THE BILL! All so some poofers can get on a float and say look at me i am a homo. Wanna be a homo fair enough but don't use my money to show your "pride".

:rofl:

Amen to that too!

Everyones drinks are on me!

salsalady said:
I agree NovaC~

By taxpayers money, what do you mean? What do the taxpayers pay for? the police/city to close off the street or more? does the gay parade cost more to the city than a regular parade?

Yeah they pay for everything, road blocks, cops, floats, condoms you name it WE pay for it and it makes me bloody angry. I wanna inject some cap oil into some ansell's and give them out at the stupid parade.

I edited a little but Nova~ Are Ansell's a brand name for condoms? just guessing??????/

I guess ---getting back to my rant---- is that the "artwork" was paid for with a grant............AKA...........free money from somewhere! It's either a private organization or a government organization that offers free money for certain specific "needy" causes.

Well, the whole freaking town is NEEDY! We don't NEED a new rusty-looks-like-it-came-from-a-junkyard sign. We NEED food, housing, help with heating bills...........

trying to do the multi-post thing but it's not working so-----

ansell's=trojans

salsalady said:
I edited a little but Nova~ Are Ansell's a brand name for condoms? just guessing??????/

Novacastrian said:
Yes they are.

Novacastrian said:
Except these ones wouldd be called "flaming ansells". For no-ones pleasure! :D

noone's pleasure except yours!.........and ours............in a demented sort of way...........:)

salsalady said:
I guess ---getting back to my rant---- is that the "artwork" was paid for with a grant............AKA...........free money from somewhere! It's either a private organization or a government organization that offers free money for certain specific "needy" causes.

Well, the whole freaking town is NEEDY! We don't NEED a new rusty-looks-like-it-came-from-a-junkyard sign. We NEED food, housing, help with heating bills...........

If it wasn't such a serious issue, you could almost laugh at the assholes 'till you died from laughter........ they sure have their shit together

gasificada said:
If it wasn't such a serious issue, you could almost laugh at the assholes 'till you died from laughter........ they sure have their shit together

You have no idea!!!!!!!!

The whole area works off of water drawn for the aquafer. If you don't have a water right, you can't build a house. The incorporated town has no more water rights allocated so there is a moratorium on building or adding any new water sources to the existing system. Read- NO NEW BUILDING WITHIN CITY LIMITS! NOTHING!

There are people who own lots in town who cannot hook up to the town water system and cannot dig a well because there are no more 'water rights' available!

Can you imagine a town that does not issue building permits? The town will wither and die........BUT>>>>>>>>>>>>> They could buy more water rights if they had some money.......

They can get a grant for a new POS sign, but they can't afford to fix some of the other issues that are more important such as ........'what's for dinner' .............

Sorry, y'all........I gotta snark here or I'll snark there which will get me in trouble with the hometown crowd. And I'm still trying to keep up the respectable image, at least on the home front.

They just don't understand the chileworld.............

anyone heard of a trustafarian?

EDIT-

this really is a drinking post, as in I'm drinking and ranting. OK` I'm of to kinder gentler posts, thinking of butterflies and rainbows..........

IWILLNOTSNARKIWILLNOTSNARKIWILLNOTSNARKIWILLNOTSNARKIWILLNOTSNARKIWILLNOTSNARKIWILNOTSNARK

Back