misc f@#$ it im drinking ;)

Just had some of my bartender friends at La Cave try my latest hot sauce (which includes some Bhut Jolokia's that were soaked in Finlandia Vodka for a week....the vodka reconstituted them....mmmm....). Overall, they all drooled over it.

I drank a Tommyknockers Black Powder Stout, then purchased a Blithering Idiot (which I'm drinking right now) and also picked up something they had on hold for me. Brise-BonBons by Fantome....one of, if not the best example of a Saison / Farmhouse Ale you will ever find.

I had a small glass full of this about three weeks ago and nearly fell out of my chair it was so good. They were starting to get low on their stock and I kept saying to myself, "You would kick yourself for the rest of your life if you don't purchase a bottle to enjoy". So tonight, I baught the one they were holding for me....and tomarrow, or the next day, I'll drink it. It has to be a day where I can sit outside and watch the plants grow while sipping this fine, fine beer.

I'm a big fan of the island style lagers from the caribbean, and as of late i can't seem to get enough of Carib and Kalik.....in fact, i just bought a case of each last night and started to put a serious hurting on 'em

IGG if you come across any Stone Epic at that spot of yours see if they would be willing to hold on to two bottles till JJ's. I don't know if my regular spot is getting any this year. Drinking cheap beer, and mojitos tonight. Great with my pain pills I have been taking for my injured knee. My posting could get interesting tonight!

JayT said:
IGG if you come across any Stone Epic at that spot of yours see if they would be willing to hold on to two bottles till JJ's. I don't know if my regular spot is getting any this year. Drinking cheap beer, and mojitos tonight. Great with my pain pills I have been taking for my injured knee. My posting could get interesting tonight!
I'll keep my eye out for it. I have one aging in my basement of this years..........wait, are you looking for the 7-7-07 or the 8-8-08?

School holidays here...

the boys away at grandparents...

I've got a case of beer & a litre of purified water.

It's only a matter of time before things go....

Oh, there they go now.

Bruces' Philosophy Song Lyrics

Artist: Monty Python
Album: Live At The Hollywood Bowl

Immanuel Kant was a real pissant
Who was very rarely stable.
Heidegger, Heidegger was a boozy beggar
Who could think you under the table.

David Hume could out-consume
Schopenhauer and Hegel,

And Wittgenstein was a beery swine
Who was just as schloshed as Schlegel.

There's nothing Nietzche couldn't teach ya
'Bout the raising of the wrist.
Socrates, himself, was permanently pissed.

John Stuart Mill, of his own free will,
On half a pint of shandy was particularly ill.

Plato, they say, could stick it away--
Half a crate of whiskey every day.

Aristotle, Aristotle was a bugger for the bottle.
Hobbes was fond of his dram,

And Ren Descartes was a drunken fart.
'I drink, therefore I am.'

Yes, Socrates, himself, is particularly missed,
A lovely little thinker,
But a bugger when he's pissed.

I plan on frequenting this thread a lot over the next week or so. I am officially on vacation for the next 9 days and I plan on ODing on peppers, pepper sauces, and booze for the next week or so. I hope you all don't hate me by then. I think I will have to go pick up a really good case for the week. I am taking suggestions. Should start a new thread for that one, but this is the best thread for boozing pepperheads so what the hell.

Back