misc f@#$ it im drinking ;)

I have never had a Stone beer I didn't like. I think my favorites are Old Guardian and Vertical Epic but their Ruination IPA is great too.

DevilDuck said:
What part of Dallas are you in , elequin?

Richardson. Used to live downtown, which was really nice when I worked down there and partied all the time, but now I work in Richardson and don't go out quite as much. Drinking at home is cheaper. :)

Haven't been to New Mexico yet. Er, well, that's a lie, I've been to Las Cruses, but that's almost still Texas. :)

- Eric

DevilDuck said:
The other cool thing.... Everyone in the band got two "drink tickets" for draft beer.
Hehehe, some of the best perks of being a musician is free drinks. I will be receiving as many free drinks tomarrow as I want for the gig........hmmm...how many pints of Boston Brewing Company can I drink in 2 hours.......ALOT :shocked:

JayT said:
I have never had a Stone beer I didn't like. I think my favorites are Old Guardian and Vertical Epic but their Ruination IPA is great too.

Ya know the Vertical Epic is a differnt recipe each year right? I've had 05 through 07......08's coming out very soon!

Speaking of Stone, I just got back from La Cave and I had a Stone Russian Imperial Stout..........................12% abv......mmmmmm......

elequin said:
Richardson. Used to live downtown, which was really nice when I worked down there and partied all the time, but now I work in Richardson and don't go out quite as much. Drinking at home is cheaper. :)

Haven't been to New Mexico yet. Er, well, that's a lie, I've been to Las Cruses, but that's almost still Texas. :)

- Eric

I lived in Richardson. A couple of different locations there. Before I moved here, we were in Oak Cliff. Best food in town, down there!

The highest i have found is Steel Reserve 8.1% it burns but i like habs also. forgot to add i was tastin red savina puree that caused me to drink

DevilDuck said:
I lived in Richardson. A couple of different locations there. Before I moved here, we were in Oak Cliff. Best food in town, down there!

Damn good food in Oak Cliff, but some really really good food in Richardson, too. Richardson is kind-of the little Asia of Dallas. I've got authentic Indian, Chinese, Japanese and Vietnamese all within a 5 minute walk of my house. :)

- Eric

Had pitchers of Moose Drool and Irish Death tonight wit brother whist beatng hsi ass at pool..good shit. :)

Both dark beers. Moose is very dark and hoppy..choc flavors..othe ris as dark but sweeter and less hoppy.

Going up the coast next week. will look for local beers and post pics and reviews of what i find if anyone is interested. One local beer out of Marina , CA. is Flat Tire i usually buy while there, same with hot sauces. let me know if there is a place i should stop on the way to Monterey - San Fran area

thanks

fineexampl said:
If anyone can get, or has had Ska Brewing Co. beers, any chance of a hookup? How does it taste?

Yeah i was wondering about their stuff as well. I have some friends who live in Asheville who say its good, but its all on tap there. Can't get any bottles from them.:(

Sickmont said:
Yeah i was wondering about their stuff as well. I have some friends who live in Asheville who say its good, but its all on tap there. Can't get any bottles from them.:(
Yeah i bought a few records and got some stickers as freebies and i've been jonesing for some ever since.

Anyone have the Frank Zappa beer someone is selling now? I had Lumpy Gravy and it was flat out nasty.

fineexampl said:
Anyone have the Frank Zappa beer someone is selling now? I had Lumpy Gravy and it was flat out nasty.

Yep, have had it twice, once on tap which was great and once in the bottle, not too shabby. It's not nasty though.

imaguitargod said:
Yep, have had it twice, once on tap which was great and once in the bottle, not too shabby. It's not nasty though.
I dont know man. I've had some bad beer and some amazing beer. The Lumpy Gravy stuff was just uninteresting and not satisfying in the least. I drank half and dumped the rest. It had an awful aftertaste and wasn't much different than drinking rotted maple leaves. Maybe i got a bad bottle? I don't know. I'd try it again. I'm waiting for the next variety. I think it's "Only In It For The Money" as i recall.

Having a few from my aging stash tonight. I put away a couple of sixpacks of Troeg's Mad Elf a couple of years ago and I had one a week ago. It seemed like it is losing carbonation and is not really tasting any better by aging it so... time to drink the rest. Well, one bottle at a time. It is very rich and about 14% if memory serves.

Back