• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Fade's Grow Log 9 - 21 - 09

peppermanbaha said:
awesome how many varieties r u growing. nice sett up. next year hope to have one like that.

All the big plants are some type of yellow chinense (Some type of scotch bonnet or maybe 7 pot) that i got from a local farmer on Eleuthera.

The seedlings in the pic are seeds from seedrack.com (hope they are what they advertised):

Bhut Jolokia
Caribbean Red
Red Scotch Bonnet
White Hab
Chocolate Hab

Seeds currently germinating from thehippyseedcompany.com

Yellow Hab
Red Hab
Orange Hab
Congo Yellow
Yellow 7 Pot
Trindad Scorpion
Yellow Scotch Bonnet
Morouga Red
Fatali
Red Savina
Naga Morich
Exploding Ember

I also have some Jalapeno's, Anaheims, and Holy Moly plants out in the yard.

peppermanbaha said:
no but now i doo. I love andros crab fest. Did u go this year.

Actually I've never been but have always wanted to see what its like.
There are alot of crabs on Eleuthera also, I love em and eat my share every summer.
Put em in the cage for a few weeks and let em get nice and fat lol
Maybe I'll feed em some chiles next year and see how they taste ;)

10-17-09

Temps have dropped a few degrees so I've put my plant back out in the yard. Still having alot of blossom drop which I think is being caused by the heat.

IMG_1309.jpg

IMG_1311.jpg

IMG_1312.jpg

IMG_1313.jpg

Here is my Jiffy Seedling Greenhouse day 12

From left to right:

Yellow Hab, Red Hab, Orange Hab, Congo Yellow, Yellow 7 Pot, Trinidad Scorpion, Trinidad Yellow Scotch Bonnet, Morouga Red, Fatali, Red Savina, Naga Morich, Exploding Ember.

IMG_1328.jpg

Still no action from most of the Habs, Red Savina or Naga Morich.
Do these usually take longer to germinate?

temps dropping g in nassau too first cold front i can feel the little drummer boy now.Good thing we have 12 months of summer fade to black eh.

FadeToBlack said:
Still no action from most of the Habs, Red Savina or Naga Morich. Do these usually take longer to germinate?

On Oct 1st I started 12 each of 6 peppers. As of today (19th) I have sprouted:

9 Mustards Hab
2 Big Sun Scotch Bonnet
6 Yellow Scorpion
6 Yellow 7 Pot
5 Trinidad Scorpion
And my 7 Pot Brain Strain have done nothing

In another tray I have 12 more Scorpions but only 4 have sprouted after a month.

There are times I get frustrated but other times I feel lucky to get any sprouts at all.

peppermanbaha said:
temps dropping g in nassau too first cold front i can feel the little drummer boy now.Good thing we have 12 months of summer fade to black eh.

Yeah, its definatly better for pepper growing than it is for my comfort since I dont work in AC. Only good thing about summer IMO is the boating weather.

SanSoo said:
On Oct 1st I started 12 each of 6 peppers. As of today (19th) I have sprouted:

9 Mustards Hab
2 Big Sun Scotch Bonnet
6 Yellow Scorpion
6 Yellow 7 Pot
5 Trinidad Scorpion
And my 7 Pot Brain Strain have done nothing

In another tray I have 12 more Scorpions but only 4 have sprouted after a month.

There are times I get frustrated but other times I feel lucky to get any sprouts at all.

I have planted the remainder of seeds from each of the strains in small pots. Except I somehow have misplaced the 5 remaining Naga Morich seeds. I guess those 6 in the jiffy pellets are my only hope for now. Will give an update if and when there is more progress.

10-24-09

IMG_1348.jpg

IMG_1351.jpg

Plant in the ground has taken a beating this week with winds from 25-30 MPH wind, even lost a branch and a few young pods.

IMG_1353.jpg

IMG_1354.jpg

In this one you can maybe see these pods starting to get a yellow tint to them.

This morning I decided to put a second plant in the ground (no easy task when its in a 7 gallon container). This is the only one of the eight plants that hasent set a fruit yet. So since my lonely plant in the ground was the best producer of pods so far, I decided to give this a try and see what happens.

IMG_1359.jpg

You can see the other plant to the right has taken quite a beating and lost alot of leaves to high winds. But it still has 19 pods so far.

Back