• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

FiveSix's 2009 Grow log

caroltlw said:
They look good to me. Especially that one in the front.

that's the weirdest part... the one you mentioned sprouted later than the rest and is furthest from the most light. It's a a Chilhaucle Negro. Other Anuums in there are Onza Roja which is all the way to the left and 4th cube back (the one with 6 sprouts)

The others don't look so bad - nice sized leaves. I go by how much they stretch before they start sprouting true leaves. And then whether or not the trues stay close to the cots without stretch in between. And yes different varieties will react differently to the same amount of light. I have a devil of a time with this one type of jalapeno... beanstalks on me easy.

nice looking babies...what are you going to transplant them to?

Nice job, It looks like you are getting good germination rates, I would try and get them to stay that length if possible. They probably won't like it too much longer under that dome.

Dale

AlabamaJack said:
nice looking babies...what are you going to transplant them to?

8 of my slowest growing rarest varieties, like Red Savina and other chinense are going into Drip Hydro systems. The rest are going into pots and will be hardened off for outdoors (except maybe the small ornamentals). Whatver grows outdoors the best, yields the most and seems to be most disease resistant will be cloned and then grown indoors over the winter :)

FiveSix said:
8 of my slowest growing rarest varieties, like Red Savina and other chinense are going into Drip Hydro systems. The rest are going into pots and will be hardened off for outdoors (except maybe the small ornamentals). Whatver grows outdoors the best, yields the most and seems to be most disease resistant will be cloned and then grown indoors over the winter :)
Let me know if you want some seeds man. Lord knows i've got enough. I just bought rockwool to try out myself and moved my heating pad to the new dome. It's time to start some fast growers.

you know i will not turn a seed offering down. pm me what you have and I'll reply back with my list. Hell, we can even meet at the hydro shop this week if they get my LECA in!

FiveSix said:
you know i will not turn a seed offering down. pm me what you have and I'll reply back with my list. Hell, we can even meet at the hydro shop this week if they get my LECA in!
might not be a bad idea. i wanted to see if those guys would grow some fatalii or some bhuts. The tomato plants they have in there are insane.

No true leaves a few days ago. (this was germinated prior to the rockwool tray with the chart i posted earlier in the thread.) I think it sprouted at the very end of FEB.

I think it's a Coban (Anuumm) but I honestly don't know.

3-8-09003.jpg

Got my 8 pack today. Gave it a mock run with some peroxide after i cleaned it, i drained it again. Now I'm tired and I don't know if I have the paitence to rinse Hydroton tonight. When they outgrow the 600W I'll space them out and add more light. We'll see how it goes.

3-10-09002.jpg

Just to be completely random since I can do what I wish on my own thread lol...........

Back in 2006 I grew some random stuff from yellow Thais (my favorite) to Jamaican choco habs and a couple others like coban and cuyana. I harvested tons more than this but i thought them soaking in water would be a really cool shot. Well it was but the problem is My PC crashed and I only had the photo on my old IPOD. I have not yet figured how to rip it off of there so here is a picture of a picture of peppers from My Iphone lolol

2006.jpg

Josh said:
Looks like you are going to have some fun. What 8 plants do you plan on growing?

I decided on

1:Scotch Bonnet
2:Trini Scorpion
3:Bhut Jolokia
4:Red Savina
5:Devil's Tongue
6:Carribean red
7* Spot Open
8* Spot open

What would you choose. I'm not looking for anything specific just wondering if this was your what you'd choose out of these varieties...

onza roja
chilhaucle negro
red lantern rocoto
sri lankan
peach lantern
Punjab
Laotian
290983 aji verde (baccu)
497974 chapeu de frade (baccu)
biker billy Jap hybrids
Japones Frutescens

I can't decide, i have a lot of chinense going . Maybe the Baccatums's b/c i dont have any, but then the rocoto is cool no pubes either lol

FiveSix said:
I decided on

1:Scotch Bonnet
2:Trini Scorpion
3:Bhut Jolokia
4:Red Savina
5:Devil's Tongue
6:Carribean red
7* Spot Open
8* Spot open

What would you choose. I'm not looking for anything specific just wondering if this was your what you'd choose out of these varieties...

onza roja
chilhaucle negro
red lantern rocoto
sri lankan
peach lantern
Punjab
Laotian
290983 aji verde (baccu)
497974 chapeu de frade (baccu)
biker billy Jap hybrids
Japones Frutescens

I can't decide, i have a lot of chinense going . Maybe the Baccatums's b/c i dont have any, but then the rocoto is cool no pubes either lol

Well you have 2 spots open so why not do the Rocoto and then choose a baccatum?

Josh said:
Well you have 2 spots open so why not do the Rocoto and then choose a baccatum?

Yeah, sounds good to me, just have to decide between aji verde and the chapeu de frade.

I'm so excited. I have to go to get some soil and set up a little room for whatever else i have that i cant fit in the hydro system. Overkill or not, no soil is ever going near that room.

Back