• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

GA GH's Garden 2013

Seeing people already starting seeds gave me the bug. & I just didn't think watching our southern hemisphere friend's grows was going to fill that void. As my season comes to an end, i needed to do something. What? I am not sure, but here i am.
13527733215891.jpg

Say hello to orange primo from peter@semillas.de

Note: Updating this thread verses creating a new one. Growlist for 2013's outside down below

First pod. Orange thai
13672788848280.jpg

Second pod, other plant.
13672788981741.jpg

Gifted Texas pequin/tepin.
13672789119442.jpg

Over winters.
13672789342963.jpg

Guys happy to be outside.
13672789640544.jpg

Lined up against the fence, ready to be planted.
13672794693842.jpg

Plenty of little snakes around in the yard. The dog found this one.
13672790363105.jpg

So the empty bag of soil, that i emptied the trays out into, that has given me some mystry plants did it again. I opened the bag up and there were spouts everywhere. 22 to be exact. I broke a few, planted what i could and looks like 8 will make it.
13672793193396.jpg

Well. Maybe 8. Leaves are greening up on them now. So will see what survives.

Reapers got planted up before my back got trashed. :)
13672793430167.jpg

P. Dreadie Scotch Bons
13672793894498.jpg

Awesome brotha! Everything is looking perfect! P.Dreadies bonnet got some crazy big leaves eh?!
Yeah man! beautiful plants for sure.

Thanks for the bump btw.

Douglah. long pheno from last years' offspring. These are some big leafs. Ready to fly away.
13672794394381.jpg

Peruvian white hab. My only plant to have damping off this year. Fell over. Hit with H2O2 a couple times and has continued to grow. My only one to germ so didn't want to loser her. She had two little buds up top now.
13672794251300.jpg

Looking forward to these Tobago Treasures.
13672794115819.jpg

Been layed up with back pain (down the leg pain too) all day. Oh the joy. Thought i should post something.
Such a beautiful day here in the GA! Sucks that im not enjoying it.
Hope someone did!

Beautiful photos, Jason. Glad to see the Peruvian White made it. Cool snake shot! Awesome about the new found sprouts. Man, I hope the back gets better. I have back issues myself, so I can definitely empathize.
Thanks Brent!
Most of the snakes are ring necks that i find. This one was pretty cool looking. Was trying to get a good shot but the dog wanted it back, so i only got the blurry shot, but still was kinda cool i thought. I gave the snake back to her and she set it down and it disappeared into the grass. She finds them all the time with the same end result.
I have two compressed disc. And the narrowing of the nerve canal, sciatica, which adds to the fun. Have been doing fairly well, so this is a bit of a set back. Hoping tomorrow is better.
Sorry to hear your back has issues too.
Hoping to get everything in the ground or potted this weekend. So much to be done. And put more to harden off, so getting more ready. Thanks for stopping in though!

Nice work with the photo's and the captions.

That is the perfect Douglah ....all the leaves present !

Move some of those larger/smaller potted plants to a "bigger suitcase"....the plants root system will benefit the free movement...
Thank you Greg!
I know i need to pot up! Thought they would be in the ground by now, so i left a bunch in the 3.5" pots. Some are not happy atm and suffering, while others are still flourishing. I have pots standing by. Should get to them this weekend as i shuffle more out to harden. My annuums really need separating too!

Thanks for stopping in!

Bring on the PODS for the Georgia boy!!! :woohoo:

Nice...get them babies in some dirt!!! Looking great, plants look perfect!
I'm quite excited to have my first pods! I finger pollinated a jellybean white hab flower also today. My second to open a flower. A tiny flower at that!
Should have some in ground this weekend! Expect some picts when i finally do!
Thanks Shane!

Sorry to hear about your back Jay...I like the plant pics but not that. Working with things close to the ground when your back's bothering you really sucks! Getting down isn't the problem, it's getting back up! Hope you feel better soon...Looking forward to seeing pics of your babies in the ground. Cheers!

Some absolutely gorgeous plants, Jason . . . as stated earlier, so sorry about your back, hope the cortisone injection works well for you . . . yum, Orange Thai!! and sending you lots of blue, healing beams for speedy recovery and please take it easy as you go (one of those do as I say rather than what I tend to do thangs), but after yesterday, my eager "get'er done" is on back-burner to "slow and steady wins the race." ;) Peace, Annie.

I'm late getting here...but it's been worth the wait. Great grow list, lots of variety and heat, and your plants look fantastic.

Sorry to read about your back issues, it's not a fun thing, it sounds like you've been there for awhile and know what to do and NOT.

Take care

Scott

I have back issues too, so I feel your pain.

Very nice pics! The snake picture is especially cool. We have snakes up here, but I've never found one in my yard.

A snake in the garden is a good thing, a rattle snake in the garden is a bad thing... Spiders as well don't bother em unless their black widows..

Beautiful plants GH. Sorry to read about your back. Not many things are as bad as back pain. Maybe labor but you will never have to worry about those pains. Comparable tho. Congrats on the poddage too BTW.
Thanks Pia! Back is much better!

Sorry to hear about your back Jay...I like the plant pics but not that. Working with things close to the ground when your back's bothering you really sucks! Getting down isn't the problem, it's getting back up! Hope you feel better soon...Looking forward to seeing pics of your babies in the ground. Cheers!
Thanks Rick, I feel you on the getting up part. Feeling that way now.

Hey Jason. Hope your back gets better man. That does suck! Nothing to make it worse than bending and lifting and stuff. Plants are looking super awesome. Love the leaves on that Douglah... nice!
Thank you too Lourens! The douglah is a beaut!

Great photoging, I love the pictures and everything looks great cept your back, hope you recuperate fast …
Thank you also Ramon!

plants look nice and healthy... nice to see you have some early poddage
Thanks Dennis, Real happy on poddage!

Some absolutely gorgeous plants, Jason . . . as stated earlier, so sorry about your back, hope the cortisone injection works well for you . . . yum, Orange Thai!! and sending you lots of blue, healing beams for speedy recovery and please take it easy as you go (one of those do as I say rather than what I tend to do thangs), but after yesterday, my eager "get'er done" is on back-burner to "slow and steady wins the race." ;) Peace, Annie.
Thanks Annie. Im doing better so gotta give your blue healing beam a shout out!

I'm late getting here...but it's been worth the wait. Great grow list, lots of variety and heat, and your plants look fantastic.

Sorry to read about your back issues, it's not a fun thing, it sounds like you've been there for awhile and know what to do and NOT.

Take care

Scott
Thanks Scott. Hoping to get everything in the ground and watch those pods form! So far doing good, except for the 3+ inches of rain all day. And still raining! Hasn't let up in more than 12 hours! :(
Thanks for checking me out!

I have back issues too, so I feel your pain.

Very nice pics! The snake picture is especially cool. We have snakes up here, but I've never found one in my yard.
Oh Stefan! Sorry yo hear you to deal with back pain. Sucks for both of us! Thanks on the picts! Didn't think you had snakes that far north. Neat to know. I find little ones, like the one pictured, daily. Especially now that it has warmed up a bit. Usually the little ring neck snakes though. Thank for stopping in!

A snake in the garden is a good thing, a rattle snake in the garden is a bad thing... Spiders as well don't bother em unless their black widows..
I totally agree Portuge, I let them stay. I like spiders, just not the widows and anyone that wants to make a web and hang out inside the house. Traveling spiders can rummage thru the house, eating what they find or finding nothing and leaving. I'm ok with that, but no new roommate needed for the web squatters types!

Ok. First thanks everybody! Tryed to respond quickly and fill in the details here.

I had a cortisone shot on Tuesday, was sore and a bit better on Wednesday. Woke up Thursday morning feeling like a $100. Still have pain, normal pain that i can tolerate, but so much better!
It has rained all day, short break from 10am to noon, since late Friday night and still raining. The rain gauge was 3+inch at last look, hours ago. All the plants outside are beyond soaked!
So needless to say, no playing in the garden today.
So i decided to take a different route and pot up all the neglected plants on the bottom shelf inside. Potted up about 60 or so. Some were really root bound and the soil was compacted, so they should be much happier now.
Here is the bottom shelf, right and left shots!

13677340078738.jpg

13677339955607.jpg

Took this while doing so...
What is that stuff? Bugs?
13677339013320.jpg

Nope! Our friendly neighborhood Mycos!
13677339129561.jpg

I like to add a bit in the pots, and also spray the roots to get them just wet enough so the mycos sticks.
Just a little help for my friends, or from my friends for friends!

So i shuffled the plants around the shelves trying to make more room for each individual pepper plant. Here is how the middle shelf end up like.

13677339825326.jpg

So after all that fun, i thought i should do something with all those damn annuums i have been double neglecting.
This is where they were at.
13677339256072.jpg

Is that landlocked? Hooking up with a few friends? Six pack to go?

Sticking together is what they were doing.

So after another couple hours, back being over it all at this point, I got most separated and into smaller groups till the next pot up.
Here is the top shelf packed out with little ones!
13677339365553.jpg

A few plants...

My Peruvian white hab is totally wanting to flower. This was the only dampening off victim for me this year, if you remember. The H2O2 worked like a charm! I pulled back the soil and there are new, strong roots coming of the stem above the previous affected area. Happy to see that and still have her!
13677339482344.jpg

My reapers are gaining on the others! Growing like weeds!
13677340191549.jpg

I really like the two choc bhuts here in the center of this shot. So much so, that i took this photo so you could see them!
13677340378790.jpg

Ok. Way past my bed time! Hope you enjoyed my ten picts!
Till tomorrow, & still raining!

Its a jungle over there bro! Mykos is a wonderful thing. My local hydro shop sells it and they had mismarked the price. I was buying the 1 Kilo bags for $13! I didn't say anything. He finally caught on tho. Wish I would have bought more eh!

Back