• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

GA GH's Garden 2013

Seeing people already starting seeds gave me the bug. & I just didn't think watching our southern hemisphere friend's grows was going to fill that void. As my season comes to an end, i needed to do something. What? I am not sure, but here i am.
13527733215891.jpg

Say hello to orange primo from peter@semillas.de

Note: Updating this thread verses creating a new one. Growlist for 2013's outside down below

Devv said:
Nice Update!

Things are starting to come together!

Good job buddy!
Thank Scott!
adamk2212 said:
Crazy story Growhead, reject of nature is right. Maybe it's thanking you for the kindness you showed early on. Who knows. Either way, you're doing something right.
Thanks Adam. I'm trying to not repeat any of the shortcomings from seasons past.
I hope the choc barrackpores turn out to be something special. I was hoping someone else grew them this season, and had the same q-tip spouts, and would chime in, but it has not happened. Only two of four spouted (i think, might of planted even more), and for both to come up fused closed, i would think someone would have see the same thing.
I hope it repays me with pods! It definitely has a will to live, it's the taller than everything else. Thanks for chiming in!
stc3248 said:
Ahhh...now the fun part. The waiting for color that seems to last forever! Well done thus far! 
Lol! Yes... the waiting game! I'm hoping the shear number and varieties, fill in these gaps of waiting, so it doesn't seem so bad. Thank you Shane! No slip up yet!
stickman said:
Nice goin' Jay... now on to stage III... the closer you get to harvest, the harder it is to wait!
Thank you Rick! Let the harvest begin! Well... i mean i'm waiting for them! :D

Couldn't stay awake last night, to can't go back to sleep this morning. The joys of sleeping! Or not sleeping.
I just was thinking how big the 007s are. They are getting huge and finally are showing the beginning of buds. The taller datil is a beast, branches everywhere! The giant whute habs are already filled in together looking like one giant plants. Finally budding too. So far, not looking like the white 7s. And speaking of... The mutant white 7 that refuses to be green, and got beatdown by the rain over flowing the gutter is still as yellow as can be. It's got to be some genetic reject of some kind. It is starting to show new growth, but still that yellow color. Hope it pods up at some point.
OK.. back to sleep.

Pepper-Guru said:
Love the Peruvians man. One of the BEST flavors out there. The Aribibi Gusanos too!
That was another one i wantes to grow, but saving for next season. Caterpillars!
Devv said:
Very nice!

You'll be rolling in fresh pods soon!

Orange Primo looking saweet!
Ah yeah! Definitely stoked on the orange primo shapes!

a few picts from this evening...

My 7 pot white that is still a freak.
13722952697880.jpg

A 7 pot white pod on the normal one.
13722954087518.jpg

Choc barrackpore
13722954234129.jpg

Choc scotch bons
13722953952957.jpg

BB yel douglah
13722953786826.jpg

First 7 brown podding up. Strange shape.
13722953489334.jpg

First 7 bubblegum pod, still not out of the calyx but getting bigger.
13722953355863.jpg

7 pot douglah
13722953158752.jpg

Another douglah, different source.
13722952979461.jpg

:D

Man Jay, your Douglah's are doing great! I'm still waiting for mine to stop dropping flowers. It's the last holdout of the established Chinense peppers.

Hey GA GH!  At last got to check out some of your grow; great stuff.  
Love seeing the plants putting out those pods.  You southern growers
always give us PNW folk something to look at while we are waiting for
summer!

stickman said:
Man Jay, your Douglah's are doing great! I'm still waiting for mine to stop dropping flowers. It's the last holdout of the established Chinense peppers.
Thanks Rick! Won't be long for you. Your plants are coming along. Hopefully he (or she) will follow suit. I have douglahs from two sources, and plants from my long phenos from last season. So ten douglahs total. Looking foward to making more powder, last years was killer!
PaulG said:
Hey GA GH!  At last got to check out some of your grow; great stuff.  
Love seeing the plants putting out those pods.  You southern growers
always give us PNW folk something to look at while we are waiting for
summer!
Welcome in Paul. I love the PNW. Did a trip from Portland to orcas island a few years back. Caught beautiful weather the whole time, without any rain. Was around the first of August! Everyone i knew local said that was unheard of, as i was there for 8 days. The fresh fruit and the fresh halibut while camping on the island where unforgettable! I was eating the wild blackberries, they were so much better than the ones here, while my friends looked at me like i was crazy. I can't wait to get back.
Glad we can keep you going! You will be well on your way in no time.

Peptacular said:
Those pods are sexy man. And those plants look beatific.

Real curious to see how that wild brazil turns out ripe.
Why thank you Peptacular! The wild brazils came from judy@pepperlover. Should be yellow and tasty! I am waiting anxiously to try them! Thanks for stopping in. Glad i could get a "sexy" out of ya! ;)

Your grow just keeps on getting better and better!

Super pod on that Douglah!

That albino looking 7 pot white; I have a Jal that has leaves that color. It's just that way, pods are normal though...weird..

KiNGDeNNiZ said:
yuor grow looks amazing.. can wait to compare them bubblegums with the ones i have... and also the tobago seasoning
Thanks Denniz!
So far my bubblegum is looking alot like yours. Two more are starting to flower, one for sure also has the crazy calyces. Havent looked at the other one recently, need to check it out. The last one is a good bit smaller, but trying to catch up.
Hoping yours bleeds red, along with mine too! Shapes are interesting me too with these. Look forward to seeing what comes!
My Tobago seasonings are not growing into what i thought they would be. Been meaning to look into them to see what they are suppose to look like. They were a cool freebie from pepperlover. Will grab some picts and some of the Tobago treasures too! They both are going off right next to each other.

Back