• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

GA GH's Garden 2013

Seeing people already starting seeds gave me the bug. & I just didn't think watching our southern hemisphere friend's grows was going to fill that void. As my season comes to an end, i needed to do something. What? I am not sure, but here i am.
13527733215891.jpg

Say hello to orange primo from peter@semillas.de

Note: Updating this thread verses creating a new one. Growlist for 2013's outside down below

stickman said:
+1 on that... I can't believe that the last time I checked in here was August 4th...
You've got lots going on Jay, and it all looks fantastic! Cheers!
Thanks Rick. I've been so busy, hard to keep up around here myself.
Throwing a quick update and off to bed. :)

Todays handful for work.
13765387372487.jpg

Choc barrackpore, choc bhut, red bhut, peach bhut, and yellow ghost (not bhut).

These were peppertime, others were gifts.
13765387228876.jpg

Cut open
13765381943244.jpg

Cut open peach
13765381767603.jpg

Both were really good. The choc barrackpore was definitely hotter, but not nearly as hot as the Jay's ghost scorps. I found the peach bhut to have the same flavor that a bahamian goat has. A flavor that has really grown on me. It had a good bit of oil on the insides and almost as much placenta as the peach Jay's gs (that thing was just covered in white thru out the whole pod and was maybe worse than the red Jay's. Longer and constant burn than the red. More on this one, as i skipped the review.)
Both of today's peppers were keepers!

Finally pulled the first bubblegum. Got way red.

13765380463110.jpg

Few select harvested pod picts...

Bhuts... left to right, top to bottom. chocs, giant reds (OW), not peaches, one peach, and BOCs
13765379607570.jpg

Two different datils on the left. Red habs up top. Trin choc bonnet & two JHCs. Congo bonnet crosses on bottom.
13765379776021.jpg

Yel brain, choc barrackpores, yellow 7s, TSMBs, and sunrise scorps
13765379949012.jpg

Douglahs. Long brown phenos, regs, and BB yels (damn hot yellow pods!)
13765380734461.jpg

Jay's ghost scorps
13765381004142.jpg

Jay's peach ghost scorp is a hot one. Nice flavor like the peach bhut or Bahamian goat, just less of it. Pretty sweet tasting with a hint of floral under tone. Completely covered in placenta! Was just white thru out. Almost instant heat that quickly built. After a few minutes really intense burn that just did not let up. Hit hard and long and then fizzled off slowly. About fifteen to twenty and i ate about a quarter pod. After eat small chunks of the red madballz and rusty pheno too, that thing still stood out and burned above. My boss was done, and said he didn't care for another taste of one. It lit him up good.
The brown egg now... low heat. Tasted like a red bell mixed with fruitiness from apples and grapes with some honeysuckle flavor in there. No chinense taste to be found. Straight placenta added some bitter taste but didn't kill the fruitiness. Really thick walled too. Would be awesome deseeded and cut up in a salad. Going with low heat on that one.

The rusty madballz 7 tasted better than the red pheno. The red is way to bitter. The rusty orange red wasn't. Both had heat, hard to say which was hotter, but saying the rusty by a hair. But both git shadowed by the peach ghost scorp, so will need to get back to those again and reevaluate!
Ausmith said:
Great pics 'n pods!
Thank you very much Ausmith.
and im out.

Great harvest and update!  It is crazy that those Jay's Peach are hitting everyone harder than me.  I was quite underwhelmed with it....

But those Choc BPs look pretty gnarly and how are BOCs? I have only seen one review of it up from THSC. 

MGOLD86 said:
Great harvest and update!  It is crazy that those Jay's Peach are hitting everyone harder than me.  I was quite underwhelmed with it....

But those Choc BPs look pretty gnarly and how are BOCs? I have only seen one review of it up from THSC. 
PM me your addy. Will let you try one of my peach ghost scorps. And some BOCs so you can taste for yourself. Much like a Bahamian goat or peach bhut but much stronger taste and plenty of heat to boot. Loosing a ton to something. See, even the bugs think they are tasty.
Had my first bubblegum 7 today. Sweet taste at first, bitter back end. And was way way hotter than i expected. My tolerance is way up right now and it still had kick my ass burn! Reminded me of your review!
capsidadburn said:
Beautiful pods and harvest Jason! Top notch imaging too.
Thanks Mike! My first big harvest this year! Didn't show everything. I gave away four, more than half way full, gallon bags of peppers today and more to my neighbor when i got home and still have a ton. Need to get to dehydrating!
Using the germination lights to shoot the harvest shots. A plus from not taking it down, as wife convinced my to leave it up. Thank you though. I do try, kind have to since using the phone. Still need to get a real camera. On the list.
meatfreak said:
Great pull there, Jason. They all look like beautifull. I like the sound of that Brown Egg, almost looks like a Manzano in some way.
Thank you Stefan! The brown eggs do look like a rocoto or manzano. I was really surprised by the thick walls and lack of c chinense taste. Taste really was like kiwi grape mixed with a red bell taste. They have to be a cross, having annuum genes, but do put out multiple pods per node so there is some chinense in there. Neat pods. Thinking my wife will like them.
Devv said:
Thanks for the reviews, and nice haul there!

Nice job with the pics as well!
Thanks Scott! Happy on the haul for sure. And always trying to take a better photo! Will keep the mini reviews coming. :)

Wow!!! All those amazing pods...but that Bubblegum!!! Mine isn't near as cool as that! Yours is the keeper strain for sure. I would isolate that bad boy! I have folks all over the globe hitting me up for my pods...and they're not nearly as killer as that. My pod shape is more of the picture perfect small Moruga...but mine bleed a little and are done...yours looks like you poured red melted wax on it!!! Haha...your thoughts on the Jay's Peach have me excited...mine should be coloring up soon!!! :dance:

What a great freaking update Jason... :clap: Bravo brother-man! Brav-freakin-Ohhhhh!!!!!

JasoninTN said:
Jason those look great. Got my first few ripe pods today. That bubble gum is a cool looking pepper.
Right on Jason! First pods are the best. Im still getting the first pods from some varieties! The bbg7 is pretty cool looking. They got pretty red on the calyx. That one was way hot. I can see the TSMB being a parent, cause that thing was fire. The plant#2 with above average calyces is showing some red too. Letting them go to see how red they get. And plant #3, with normal calyces, has a ripe pod ready for the picking. Going to try it soon.
Vegas_Chili said:
Dayuuumm!! That's nice harvest. Those peach Jay's look very productive.

Dehydrator you say? Soon you'll have powder coming out of your ears lol.

, Walter
Yes Walter, they are quite productive. Was a bit surprised myself. Both colors are going off, but the peach plants took off first so they are ahead. They both put a hurt on!
Had to pull some OT today, my weekend to work, so haven't made it to to slicing and dicing, but on the list for tomorrow.
wahlee76 said:
That's a great collection you have there. Looking dangerously good :fireball:
Thanks Wahlee! A collection for sure! Small jungle at this point.
13767941661050.jpg

I still haven't tasted everything yet. I think I'm growing just over 100 varieties, i kinda lost count after seed starting with some gifts and additions from my original list and a few that never germinated.
The plus has been a different pod everyday since i started pulling pods. The negative is too many choices, and too many plants. I need to expand the garden, again, or grow less plants or varieties next season. Becoming a pain crawling threw the plants to check and harvest. Many are just too close together. Still a couple I'm looking foward to that have ripened up yet.
Thanks for coming by Wahlee!

Stefan_W said:
Great looking harvest and pod reviews! The Jay's ghost sounds really interesting, and I was surprised at how big it gets. 
Thanks Stefan! The Jay's ghost scorps are pretty long. Longer than all the regular ghost. I think my giant bhuts from seed are showing a few pods about the same length, but only a few. I am digging the shapes. A bit all over the place but all gnarly in their own. And both up there heat wise too. :)
MGOLD86 said:
LOL I see you can read my mind to see really what i was thinking! ;)
Oh! you make me laugh!
stc3248 said:
Wow!!! All those amazing pods...but that Bubblegum!!! Mine isn't near as cool as that! Yours is the keeper strain for sure. I would isolate that bad boy! I have folks all over the globe hitting me up for my pods...and they're not nearly as killer as that. My pod shape is more of the picture perfect small Moruga...but mine bleed a little and are done...yours looks like you poured red melted wax on it!!! Haha...your thoughts on the Jay's Peach have me excited...mine should be coloring up soon!!! :dance:

What a great freaking update Jason... :clap: Bravo brother-man! Brav-freakin-Ohhhhh!!!!!
Thanks Shane. I let that one sit for a while and it did turn really red. My #2 plant i think is like yours. I'm letting the first pod sit and see how red it gets. Will see. The only one of mine to show the moruga shape is the plant#3 with normal calyces. The next pods ripening up on plant #1 look just like strawberries. I have a rooted cutting of it, going to keep it inside. ;)
The peach Jay's tasted much like a Bahamian goat. A flavor i am really liking. You will be happy with that one.
Thanks again Shane.
WalkGood said:
Jay, even though I may not post a lot I continue to enjoy reading your pepper time reviews and seeing your pictures, keep up da great work mon! Have a great weekend!
I'm a quiet one myself. Alway staying up on things with your glog too. I feeling your reviews are much better, but thanks for reading mine. Raining cloudy all day. Hoping for a break in the weather to get a few good pictures tomorrow. Hope your weekend is going great!

Quite the jungle you have growing there!

100 plus plants? I had 70 this year, thought that was too many. But half the fun is the sharing, being an ex blue collar grunt I light up the support staff when they let me..LOL

Devv said:
Quite the jungle you have growing there!

100 plus plants? I had 70 this year, thought that was too many. But half the fun is the sharing, being an ex blue collar grunt I light up the support staff when they let me..LOL
235+ plants (going off a early count of what i was keeping, but kept a few more, plus kept twelve mystery plants), 100+ different varieties, even more if i count the mystery crosses that have showed up. Definitely jungle like. I crawled thru earlier and checked things out. Loosing a ton of pods to slugs, snails, caterpillars/worm things, and grasshoppers. The grasshoppers are just chewing the stems or the surface of the pods and sometimes breaking thru.
Love to share the love of peppers. I had two new people try a piece of a sunrise scorpion at work on friday.
Plenty of pods! About to start filling the dehydrator up. :D
Hope your weekend has been going well. Take care Scott

Back