• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

GA GH's Garden 2013

Seeing people already starting seeds gave me the bug. & I just didn't think watching our southern hemisphere friend's grows was going to fill that void. As my season comes to an end, i needed to do something. What? I am not sure, but here i am.
13527733215891.jpg

Say hello to orange primo from peter@semillas.de

Note: Updating this thread verses creating a new one. Growlist for 2013's outside down below

They're all looking excellent, Jason! Awesome shots on the three WDT's! This board is awesome. Thanks again to Shane and Jamison!

When is plant-out for you?
Thank you thank you thank you. One for each plant to all the parties involved. Yes this place is awesome! Plant out looks like the first to third week of april. Keeping an eye of the extended forecast to decide when to do it.

While all looks killer, that White Devil’s Tongue look very cool! The purpling look neat on that last picture, I didn’t know that lights could do that … WG runs outside to see if he can get the sun to do dat ;) Only kidding, pics & plants all look great, have fun at the candy garden store :)

That picture is Beautiful. Made in my baxkground on my phone already. :)
So now i ask? Walkgood runs too?

Great looking pics! You are the only other person I know of growing firecrackers out of the glogs I read ATM. The Jay's peach ghost scorp sounds really interesting, and I'm looking forward to seeing what the pods end up looking like.

Thank you Stefan! I split a pepperjoe order last year fir the firecrackers with my buddy at work. Ended up with one. It was a last start and struggled early on, so i only got a handful of fully ripe pods. I didn't save any seeds, so saved some from almost ripe pods as the first freeze came in. Was wondering if they were seeds were mature enough, and i got my answer. I put more seeds than i normal do for that reason, and now have plenty.
I am really looking foward to see what the Jay's ghost scorps produce. I have both red and peach. They are only F4s i think, so who knows what they will produce. Hopefully something similar to what we have seen. The sepia serpent seeds also F4s, and looking foward to those for the same reason. Surprise surprise it will be!

... So now i ask? Walkgood runs too? ... ... ...
Only when I have to, lol ... I ran too much in HS B-Ball, 10 miles a day. Although all that running really helped my stamina in all my other sports, but that was long ago. I still enjoy surfing, skating or biking ... but we all different and some of my closest friends are daily runners :)

Hey Jason. Plants are looking great! What agreat variety. I grew Big Jims this year and they have been amazing producers. I didn't support till they were big and that was not a plan for me. Also attracted lots of maggots in my fields, so next year I will be keeping these under shadenetting and away from the special plants :)

Jason, the plant's are looking right at home on the new shelves, in a few more weeks those shelves will just be levels of pure green - or a bit of purple as well. I did read something on here about cfl's doing that to indoor plants. I have to admit some of mt earlier plants did go slightly purple which was pretty cool.

Interesting to see the wild brazil's grow out, I too have a batch from pepperlover that will be going in the germinator next year. So interesting to see what I'm in for.

Nice little update mate, plant's are really coming along now. Loads of hooks popping up and some big leafage going on. They are guna go crazy when you can get them outside. Nice.

Cheers
Pete

Jeez man, its like a gosh dang pepper factory down there! The shelves is def something I'll be needing to copy next year, great addition bud! WDT's hahaha, awesome! Things are looking really good over here man, keep up the awesome work!

Jason, I just found out about your Dad...Prayers up from Louisiana...

Your grow shelves and the magnitude of your grow are formidable, dude! Very nice job!

Your plants are looking great! I will be following your grow closely this year....Best of luck to you!

Gary

Hey Jason. Plants are looking great! What agreat variety. I grew Big Jims this year and they have been amazing producers. I didn't support till they were big and that was not a plan for me. Also attracted lots of maggots in my fields, so next year I will be keeping these under shadenetting and away from the special plants :)
Thanks Lourens,
Everything is coming along. Look foward to a couple annumms, the big jims for sure. Hope i don't have to many problems with them.

Jason, the plant's are looking right at home on the new shelves, in a few more weeks those shelves will just be levels of pure green - or a bit of purple as well. I did read something on here about cfl's doing that to indoor plants. I have to admit some of mt earlier plants did go slightly purple which was pretty cool.

Interesting to see the wild brazil's grow out, I too have a batch from pepperlover that will be going in the germinator next year. So interesting to see what I'm in for.

Nice little update mate, plant's are really coming along now. Loads of hooks popping up and some big leafage going on. They are guna go crazy when you can get them outside. Nice.

Cheers
Pete
Thank you Pete, the shelving is working out better than i could have ever planned. I bought a ton of 4" pots and will fill up all three shelves soon. Loaded up two more trays of the 3.5" pots tonite. I have more plants than i need, hoping to gift away most and maybe sale what's left i dont need. I gotta an idea of what im keeping.
So happy on the wild brazils. From what i have read, i gotta try one. I ate the dried pods each time i cracked them to plant the seeds and they tasted great with a good bite from the heat. I have two more coming up. Also anothe TS orange and a BOC too.
Can't wait to get everything outside. It's not long now. I need to just mske sure i don't run out of room before then! i have lots of other veggies to start too!

Jeez man, its like a gosh dang pepper factory down there! The shelves is def something I'll be needing to copy next year, great addition bud! WDT's hahaha, awesome! Things are looking really good over here man, keep up the awesome work!
Jamison, I am turning out like an assembly line over here. I highly recommend the shelves. Mine is in the corner of the spare bedroom. I took Gary's /Shane's idea with the foam wall boards and can semi enclose it. I keep slowly upgrading it with additional reflective material. I still need to add some fans. But it stays nice and warm and seeds are popping and plants are growing. Today was the first day since adding under the T5s in there that i can really see growth. They have gotten over the transplant shock and are a growing! Thanks again for the WDT. You get any Yel Cardi scorps going yet?

Jason, I just found out about your Dad...Prayers up from Louisiana...

Your grow shelves and the magnitude of your grow are formidable, dude! Very nice job!

Your plants are looking great! I will be following your grow closely this year....Best of luck to you!

Gary
Thank you Gary. It has been rough the last few weeks. Try to see the light past the darkness, and keep moving foward. I do appreciate that.

Thank for the warm wishes with the garden. I don't think i mentioned to you, but after my back issues started, i couldnt ride my board as much, i started taking gardening more serious and that's where my love for peppers grew. So this is an output for me, and i like to go big! Im thinking only a plant or two for most varieties, but more where it counts. Already planned out where im expanding the pepper garden, and doing way more in pots. Already swimming in plants, way more than i need. :crazy: But should be able to find most of them homes. :)

Georgia Black.
13635796292970.jpg

7 Pot bubblegum
13635796435601.jpg

7 pot chaguanna
13635796588552.jpg

I think a douglah.
13635796725753.jpg

No clue?
13635796909014.jpg

Datil (x2). Let it go for a bit too long in the jiffy. They got potted up tonite.
13635797656815.jpg

I get to those OK so what the heck was this one pics all the time...sure sign your grow is getting to be the right size!
LOL! I read that this morning like 5 times and could comprehend a word of it. Just read it now and i can totally follow what you were saying. Harsh morning?
I have determined that the nameless plant is a sepia serpent! I remember pulling it out to grab a shot and just looked at that one again.

I have five of those bad boys... btw. Hoping for variation!

I didn't understand it just now until I referred back to your post. Lol, I suppose my punctuation is not great at 3am...let me try it again...

I get those "OK, What the heck was this one?" pics all the time. It is a sure sign your grow is getting to be the right size!

I just went back to my grow from last year to review what stage my plants were at around this time. I was struggling with a late frost and taking pics of all the plants in their new homes. There was a bunch of..."Here is a Bhut and a Bishop's Crown...uhhh and some other stuff" going on. Hahaha. I think the colored planters I am using are going to help out with that early on this year...by late in the season I knew who was where and no longer had to check tags. Of course ripe pods are usually a nice hint!

lol. I am not sure i would have gotten the retype this morning. I was dazed for sure and having a harsh reality that i called the morning. Can never get enough sleep.
And see... it's almost two in the am here and im just getting to bed. A twelve hour day really throws my schedule off when im not planning for it.
Back in six hours!

Ya, Shane's late night posts can be a bit confusing. Wording in different ways in the head helps. Just kidding. That's the first post from Shane I was like "Huh?" Aahahhahahahaaaa. We are entitled to those here. The pressure of life and seedlings makes it so. BTW. Yours look super great. I have some yellowing I am contending with. All is good in your Georgian neck of the woods

Plants are looking great. There's always the odd plant here or there that goes unnamed but luckily we can get a good idea of what they are later on in the season when the pods come through ;) All looking awesome!

Ya, Shane's late night posts can be a bit confusing. Wording in different ways in the head helps. Just kidding. That's the first post from Shane I was like "Huh?" Aahahhahahahaaaa. We are entitled to those here. The pressure of life and seedlings makes it so. BTW. Yours look super great. I have some yellowing I am contending with. All is good in your Georgian neck of the woods
Hey Pia! All is good in the Georgia woods! New set up is off the chain!
Sorry to hear about the yellowing. I have a couple looking light, but new growth is green so writing it off to the transplanting atm. Just starting to see mad growth. T5HO is way serious. Checking you out in a minute!

Plants are looking great. There's always the odd plant here or there that goes unnamed but luckily we can get a good idea of what they are later on in the season when the pods come through ;) All looking awesome!
Thank you Lourens,
I haven't mixed any up yet. Just couldn't remember what i took the photos of. Still got time to do it. I almost mixed up some SB TFM & SB papa joes. Luckily i had notes and could figure out which had one plant in the jiffy and which had two. Otherwise i would be waiting, and then could i even tell them apart once they podded up? With them both being scotch bonnets, i couldnt. I went thru the emotions, thinking about all that and more, before i remember i took a plant tally in my notes.
I am using the same notebook as last season, going to keep filling it up year after year. I enjoy going back to last years notes and refreshing my memory.
Thanks again. Can't wait till i have pods coming in like yourself!

It's easy to make a mix-up. If I'm working late in the grow area's and come close to making a mistake I quit for the night.

The TFM's and the Papa Joe's have different growth patterns. The TFM can grow taller and in a conical shape while the Joe's will grow lateral and shrublike with staggered branching. Well at least mine have grown that direction. ............ ;)

Hey Pia! All is good in the Georgia woods! New set up is off the chain!
Sorry to hear about the yellowing. I have a couple looking light, but new growth is green so writing it off to the transplanting atm. Just starting to see mad growth. T5HO is way serious. Checking you out in a minute!

Thank you Lourens,
I haven't mixed any up yet. Just couldn't remember what i took the photos of. Still got time to do it. I almost mixed up some SB TFM & SB papa joes. Luckily i had notes and could figure out which had one plant in the jiffy and which had two. Otherwise i would be waiting, and then could i even tell them apart once they podded up? With them both being scotch bonnets, i couldnt. I went thru the emotions, thinking about all that and more, before i remember i took a plant tally in my notes.
I am using the same notebook as last season, going to keep filling it up year after year. I enjoy going back to last years notes and refreshing my memory.
Thanks again. Can't wait till i have pods coming in like yourself!
Pen and Paper Watson is the first step to solving any clue! Glad you wrote it down, cause a mix up between two similar looking hats would be a major confuddle my good fellow!

Your starts are looking nice and stout. Once they start the internodal growth the stalks are going to be thick! I'm probably all wrong, but I would think the look of the roots on that Datil would be the perfect time to transplant, like they're ready to start spreading out into some soil.

Your starts are looking nice and stout. Once they start the internodal growth the stalks are going to be thick! I'm probably all wrong, but I would think the look of the roots on that Datil would be the perfect time to transplant, like they're ready to start spreading out into some soil.
True doc. They are just more of a pain to separate the roots without damaging at that point. I like to hear a tiny bit tear. They seem to take off quicker, but to much and the plant droops and plays catch up later.

Looking amazing man! Such healthy leaves. Yes I def have got a little CARDI going! THank you man, that was a package among packages bud! STill schocked.
Thank Jamison, They growing like crazy. Leaves already getting huge. Glad i shocked you. I really just saw you wanted scorps and sevens, so i threw in anything i didn't see on your list or glog. Your my brother from another mother, you just didn't know. So gotta help out the family. :)

First off.
I was gifted some seeds from a coworker that is way cool!

13640164510593.jpg

So of course... i started them with my annuums tonite.

13640165493966.jpg

I narrowed down what i was starting to these...

mulato isle
sweet choc bell
sweet purple bell
sweet bell mix (choc, white, yellow, orange, red, purple)
Hot banana
Peter
Ring O Fire
Joe E Parker's
Golden marconi
red giant marconi
giant marconi x jalapeno F2
jalapeno (m)
purple Jalapeno
Hot cow horn
big jim
Hungarian hot cherry
pretty in purple
tri co variegatta
Takanotsune
Sapporo hot
a few more thai orange.
well... that's whst i sowed.
and maybe a few more tomorrow.

Random group shot.
13640164939735.jpg

Wild Brazils. one three leafed

13640164628924.jpg

Leaves sre getting big! Transplanting some of the larger plants into the bigger pots and moving to bottom shelve tomorrow.

13640164267732.jpg

And another elephant ear leaf

13640164092991.jpg

Till later....

Pen and Paper Watson is the first step to solving any clue! Glad you wrote it down, cause a mix up between two similar looking hats would be a major confuddle my good fellow!

True that. im good with my notes. Still time to mess up though. almost did tonite as i moved around seedlings to prepare for sowing. I stopped right in the middle, grabbed a pen and paper, and mapped out. I even caught myself writing down the wrong plants on the double check.
Can't wait to see pods. Your grow is quite honorable! And I will be there before long.

Back