• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

GA GH's Garden 2013

Seeing people already starting seeds gave me the bug. & I just didn't think watching our southern hemisphere friend's grows was going to fill that void. As my season comes to an end, i needed to do something. What? I am not sure, but here i am.
13527733215891.jpg

Say hello to orange primo from peter@semillas.de

Note: Updating this thread verses creating a new one. Growlist for 2013's outside down below

Always sad to read about a father passing, you have our prayers for your family … every little ting looking alright in the garden, keep da faith.

Jason, very sorry to hear about your Father passing. But from what you have said, living on would have been suffering. Shane is spot-on when he talked about how awful some of the treatments are that we use.

Interested to see that little DTW. If it hasn't died yet, it may very well spring a true leaf or two. Hope it makes it for ya. Did the package arrive yet?

Glad to hear some of the other stubborn varieties are coming up, like the Bahamian Goat. That Orange Bhut sounds interesting. And good luck with the Tepins. I would have never guessed they would look that good after travelling in a box half way across the country. Looked like one had a sampler pod on it!

Sorry to hear Jason :pray:
Those seedlings are lookin awesome! What a cool package to get in the mail :dance:
Our condolences Jay. Nice looking Texas wilds.
Thanks guys!

You have my deepest condolences.

The plants are looking great, and the advice to plant slightly deeper to avoid helmet head is good.
My sincerest condolences - that is atough one. Strength my friend!
Always sad to read about a father passing, you have our prayers for your family … every little ting looking alright in the garden, keep da faith.

Thanks to you guys too!

Jason, very sorry to hear about your Father passing. But from what you have said, living on would have been suffering. Shane is spot-on when he talked about how awful some of the treatments are that we use.

Interested to see that little DTW. If it hasn't died yet, it may very well spring a true leaf or two. Hope it makes it for ya. Did the package arrive yet?

Glad to hear some of the other stubborn varieties are coming up, like the Bahamian Goat. That Orange Bhut sounds interesting. And good luck with the Tepins. I would have never guessed they would look that good after travelling in a box half way across the country. Looked like one had a sampler pod on it!
Thanks Brent, i glad it's over and he will not have to suffer anymore.
Didn't get the package yet. Wondering if that one is going to put out a leaf. ?
Things are good with the plants. First naga morich coming up this morning. Hope to build some shelfs on sunday and to start transplanting.

Thanks again everyone. I really do appreciate the support. Im off to the memorial service, funeral tomorrow. Not good service up there in the north ga mountains so catch back up tomorrow evening.

Quick update.
Bought these today. just in time to be added to the annuums.

13629728076890.jpg

Finally threw some shelfing together.

13629728675282.jpg

Can put 12 flats of 18/3.5" pots. that's 216 plants. and can add up top if needed. Top two shelfs have T5s, 2 bulb, strips. Bottom shelf T8s. Going to add CFLs as needed to supplement the strips. Still need to add the reflective walling and put the fans in. So will be separating plant and movimg to 3.5" pots this week.
We had beautiful spring like weather today. Spring isn't far!

Liking the new setup. 216 plants = mini jungle, NICE! Can't wait to see the pics of that when it's full

Big Jim's are very popular in the UK, we sell loads of BJ seeds here. Good Choice

Glad it's all going well, good luck on the annuums

The shelving looks great, man. Just the thing to make use of the space you have. I too am growing the Big Jims. Looking forward to them.
Thanks Brent, and thank you Jamison & Shane via Thanking Brent. I had two hooks, one each from the WDTs last night! And the defunct WDT is still holding on. It still may put out a leaf.

Liking the new setup. 216 plants = mini jungle, NICE! Can't wait to see the pics of that when it's full

Big Jim's are very popular in the UK, we sell loads of BJ seeds here. Good Choice

Glad it's all going well, good luck on the annuums

Thanks PJ.
I could resist when i saw the jims. Had to get them! Thank you for the complement. The shelving is working out get. I figured out i can get an extra 18 of the 3.5" pot in too. I'm still separating & potting up, a little bit at a time. My work is quite demanding at the moment, not giving me a lot of time afterwards to get much done. Worked eleven yesterday. Will follow up with some picts soon.
Thank you again.
Take care everyone.

Very nice job on that wooden shelving, I love working with wood myself ^_^ Congrats on the Big Jim’s, new hooks … looking Irie mon!

I hear ya on not having much time..my days always seems to be split up into 20 min tasks that never end. Always nice when you manage to steal a bit of time back to tend to the plants. Love seeing the new pot ups a couple of days after their in, well in my case the ones that make it anyway. Have had to replace a few pot up's recently with the reserves but think we're there now.

Yeah man, throw some pics up when you get a chance. Be good to see several hundred little troopers ready to go.

Very nice job on that wooden shelving, I love working with wood myself ^_^ Congrats on the Big Jim’s, new hooks … looking Irie mon!
Why thank you. Nothing like having something you made versus a store bought item! Look foward to the big jims! and more hooks!

I've heard a lot of good things about big jims, I'm sure you'll be very happy with them. The wood shelving looks awesome!
Thanks stefan! Shelve are rocking! Well... the T-5s are rocking!

I hear ya on not having much time..my days always seems to be split up into 20 min tasks that never end. Always nice when you manage to steal a bit of time back to tend to the plants. Love seeing the new pot ups a couple of days after their in, well in my case the ones that make it anyway. Have had to replace a few pot up's recently with the reserves but think we're there now.

Yeah man, throw some pics up when you get a chance. Be good to see several hundred little troopers ready to go.

Never enough time in the day!but.. Finally some picts!

Here is the White devil's tongue that might!
13634082305904.jpg

And the additions, thanks to Jamison & Shane via the Doc! White Devil's Tongue times 3!

13634082405935.jpg

And i also have the last few stubborns coming in hot!
13634082105062.jpg

Was excited to see the wild Brazils. That was on the must list this season. TS orange was pretty high on there to. So far... only the TS green and Bonda Ma Jacques have eluded me. May try the Bondas with some annuums again, but not caring about the TS greens right now. So done with the c. chinese.

Wasn't sure if these firecracker seeds would pop.
13634082216233.jpg

That would be a yes.

Half a shelve shot.
13634081953881.jpg

Plants.

13634081643220.jpg

Peach bhut.
13634083202347.jpg

Jay's peach ghost scorp.
13634083305038.jpg

The T-5 is causing some purpling on a few plants.
13634082512076.jpg

Really liking the set up. New lights are perfect. Will be potting up the rest and filling another shelve tomorrow... or later today to be technical. Going to the gatden store to score more pots and trays in the morning. yay!

Take care.

And a shout out to Shane! Two Bridgeports Hop Czar's saying cheers!

Sweet!!! Not sure what the heck I did but hey...I'm always up for a party! :dance:
Glad to see your last few coming in strong. I have got crap popping now that I gave up on a long time ago??? I wish I would have held out on a couple of the other varieties longer now, but once they hit a month in the germ tray with no movement I usually chuck them. My Wild Brazils didn't freaking pop...don't think it was the seeds, my early numbers were not so great germ wise. Finally got it dialed in, but those peat pellets are in the compost bin. Plant out is around the corner brother...and for me its finally HERE! Keep 'em green, I will crack a Shiner Bock once noon rolls around...maybe noon your time would be best!

Sweet!!! Not sure what the heck I did but hey...I'm always up for a party! :dance:
Glad to see your last few coming in strong. I have got crap popping now that I gave up on a long time ago??? I wish I would have held out on a couple of the other varieties longer now, but once they hit a month in the germ tray with no movement I usually chuck them. My Wild Brazils didn't freaking pop...don't think it was the seeds, my early numbers were not so great germ wise. Finally got it dialed in, but those peat pellets are in the compost bin. Plant out is around the corner brother...and for me its finally HERE! Keep 'em green, I will crack a Shiner Bock once noon rolls around...maybe noon your time would be best!
Shane, in my slightly inebriated state, I was tapping my glass to you.
Your new germ station looks sweet. I have a few popping up now in my new setup. No heat pad. Just hitting the right temps i guess. The T-5s do generate enough heat to do so.
My early rates weren't so hot either, some taking 7+ weeks. This was the third planting for the wild brazils. They came from Judy @ pepperlover. She sent as dries pods, so each time all the seeds inside got planted, and nothing till this last pod.
Its starting to warm up here. I see a few more cold nights in the forecast, but think first week of april might be it. You have it going on already for sure. Can't wait till im there!
Need to go set the overwinters back outside, speaking of that. I saved a yellow brain, a butch T, two giant bhuts, a choc bhut, and a mystery that should be either 7 brown or red douglah. The mystery never produced and pods, so i kept it to see what it is. It was actually a jiffy pellet that i had gave up on and decided to pull out and re wet. I think after a rain or two sitting in the sun, it popped. It was such a later start it had no chance, and got shadowed by the others towering over it when i added it to the garden.
So keep.any eye on your compost pile. You might see some spouts!
Take care my brother!

While all looks killer, that White Devil’s Tongue look very cool! The purpling look neat on that last picture, I didn’t know that lights could do that … WG runs outside to see if he can get the sun to do dat ;) Only kidding, pics & plants all look great, have fun at the candy garden store :)

They're all looking excellent, Jason! Awesome shots on the three WDT's! This board is awesome. Thanks again to Shane and Jamison!

When is plant-out for you?

Great looking pics! You are the only other person I know of growing firecrackers out of the glogs I read ATM. The Jay's peach ghost scorp sounds really interesting, and I'm looking forward to seeing what the pods end up looking like.

Back