• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

GA GH's Garden 2013

Seeing people already starting seeds gave me the bug. & I just didn't think watching our southern hemisphere friend's grows was going to fill that void. As my season comes to an end, i needed to do something. What? I am not sure, but here i am.
13527733215891.jpg

Say hello to orange primo from peter@semillas.de

Note: Updating this thread verses creating a new one. Growlist for 2013's outside down below

You got the bump brother.

I'm growing the Large 7-pot yellow for the first time this year, and your assessment of it is making me eager to see how they come out here.
Thanks Rick! You will not be disappointed with them. Delicious!

When you get some Aji Pineapple pods, I desperatelywant to try one.

Will do Vincent! I really wanted aji limons this season, but bought these enstead. Hope they are as good as they sound.

Naga Morich
13661525537032.jpg

White Devils Tongue via Brent via Shane. Thanks Guys!
13661525423381.jpg

Sunrise Scorpion. I am kinda excited to see this one grow. I like standing podded plants with pods of significant size.
13661525275990.jpg

I wanna come over and try pods! Pod party at your place! :)
Non sequitur, I'm also a Jason and in GA.
Nice to meet you Jason! It's going to be a pod party at some point!
Where in the GA are you?

And last few...

SB x Trin Congo. Should be cool!
13661578390710.jpg

One of last of the BB yel douglahs inside. The others are hardening off.
13661578862221.jpg

Same with this guy! Soon to join his family. Sepia serp.
13661578981502.jpg

And last one from today...
One of my two orange thais that are needing to be outside already!
13661579091473.jpg

[/size]

I'm in Lawrenceville but work in Dunwoody/Sandy Springs.
Cool. I'm technically in Acworth, but up past there a bit. Maybe we can meet for a pod swap once things start kicking.

Wow GA your plants are looking sweet...

Why thank you! Everything is coming along. Plent of heat and flavor to come! Almost time to get them in the ground! After tonite's cooler temps, the night temps are looking favorable for transitioning outside! Thanks for check in on me!

Now i have a small seedling forest!
13664698655232.jpg

I like to wait till the first true leaves are supporting the seedling before i separate them. These are ready!

It's a forest i tell you!
13664698084370.jpg

Brent, here is the early variegation i mentioned. Think I'm going to send one of these once they are big enough to fly along with another surprise. Ssshhhhhh. It's a secret!

13664698420331.jpg

Everything is coming along at the GA Growhead manor! Your DTW look better than mine! I think I put mine in the sun too early. They're in the shade now. And that variegation looks pretty cool!

Everything is coming along at the GA Growhead manor! Your DTW look better than mine! I think I put mine in the sun too early. They're in the shade now. And that variegation looks pretty cool!
I pretty sure that was the middle WDT. I have one bigger and smaller. The bigger one has had some wierd leaf curl, but looks like its growing out of it.
I am moving my outsiders out into the partial sun tomorrow. And then reloading the shelf to keep them moving. Im getting that itch. Things will be in the ground soon!

Will throw up another update soon. But until then....
Find you a house!

Great work GA!!! That seedling forest looks fantastic! Really cool stuff! I should start seeing some stuff in the dirt over here soon right? Or did I miss it...let me review the last few pages since I have been out of the loop or at least loopy lately.

Great work GA!!! That seedling forest looks fantastic! Really cool stuff! I should start seeing some stuff in the dirt over here soon right? Or did I miss it...let me review the last few pages since I have been out of the loop or at least loopy lately.
Not yet in the garden, but have some sitting on the ground ready to plant. I need to get some aged chicken manure to shovel in when i make my rows, and i will be ready to plant. Transitioning more to the outside world. Weather is Beautiful today!
I have missed you. Its a joy to see your daily post. Hope all is well with your guy at work. I have had a busy last few days, so need to search out some glog updates myself. Thank you Shane! And thanks for stopping in!

Dang! That's awesome man! All your plants look very nice. Looks like you're more ahead of me, hope it ain't illegal to post my stuff here :D.

These are mine, 100% germ on these.
, Vegas

Awesome Vegas! Posting here is all good. Mine would be even bigger, but i let them stay in the coir with min food for to long. They look good though. Killer pods for both of us! is the plan!

GH Things are looking great. Lots of seedlings and plants to have to take care of. Harvest is gonna be killer. Great going my friend

Pia, Thanks for checking things out down in the G A. I do have too many a many to take care of! Definitely more than i am going to keep. So will be sharing that love! It's starting to be work having them spread in and out. Almost killed a few outside from lack of water, but they bounced back. Can't wait till everything is planted and potted in the final homes for the season. That's when ya get to just kick back and watch them grow, till summer comes in, then you gotta water them daily.
Was looking at a few places to till up and expand today for veggies and more Peppers! And of course more peppers!
Think it will work out, as the areas get just enough light through out the day.
Thanks for coming by. hugs & kisses for you!

I mentioned that both of the only two choc 7 barrackpore to germinate came up with fused cotyledons. They looked like a q-tip. The leaves completely fused closed. The plant i showed previously, was only a plant because i cut the q-tip part open and a first true leave grew. So of course I thought i should do the same to the other and i did, but no leaves ever appeared. So what does this all mean? Well, first that i have a plant that wouldn't have survived naturally without my intervention. And two... that i now have another one. Been sitting there doing nothing forever.
13665968981720.jpg

See how the top is shaped and a leave is growing out. Pretty stoked!

Is this to harden them off before in-grounding them? They look great!

Nope those are hardened off. I just gotta get the garden ready.
Hardening off about 40 more right now on the porch.

Also... one of the orange thais has two open flowers, the other one has one open flower. I finger pollened then all!
13665969271821.jpg

Did anyone in the southern hemisphere ever get one of these to pod up? I guess I need to search to see if i can find any info.
Bali naga.
13665969876714.jpg

Feeling wild! wild brazils that is!
13665969991615.jpg

7 jonah.
13665970105546.jpg

Tobago seasoning!
13665970227827.jpg

7 Jonah x Naga Morich.
13665970358118.jpg

My best looking White Devil Tongue.
13665970486209.jpg

cgn 23258.
13665970700350.jpg

Red douglah.
13665971079362.jpg

So whats the scoop on your CGN 23258? I checked it out on thechileman and to me it looks just like a wild brazil.... they could be totally different but what ever it is its a winner...

Physically he'll be ok...his career will suffer. Very poor decision on his part. Good to see plant at least ON the ground! They look perfect! Can't wait to see the rows all done...my updates will be sparse for a bit, but I'll get them in when I can. Thanks for the vote of confidence.

Back