• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

GA GH's Garden 2013

Seeing people already starting seeds gave me the bug. & I just didn't think watching our southern hemisphere friend's grows was going to fill that void. As my season comes to an end, i needed to do something. What? I am not sure, but here i am.
13527733215891.jpg

Say hello to orange primo from peter@semillas.de

Note: Updating this thread verses creating a new one. Growlist for 2013's outside down below

Jamison said:
Things are taking off in that GA weather man! Speaking of GA, going to see Zac Brown tonight!!!! Plants look sooooo happy in their final spots! There is gonna be so much many pods man!! I can't wait to get down there and get a garden started. You got that red clay too?
By the looks of it no. But you could have amended?
Oh yeah brother. Its red clay everywhere around here. Where the garden is there, was a bit of topsoil above most of the clay in most of the area. Maybe was 3 to 4" then clay. I have added so much organic material, leaves and pine straw,to amend it, and the aact made a huge difference from last year till now. The color is so much better. It's good soil now! It's won't take you long to sweeten up your soil in TN.
Have fun at the show! They are from just below where i go trout fishing.
Hurry on down. The pods will be waiting for ya!

Some picts as the sun trys to peek thru the clouds.

BOC definitely showing bhut shaped leaves. Looks like the first pod has set.
13707082566376.jpg

Datil getting huge. They one to the right got broken in the storm.
13707082191023.jpg

Tallest bubblegum. Just starting to show buds.
13707081763452.jpg

Reapers getting big!
13707081586471.jpg

Giant white habs
13707081442920.jpg

7 brown
13707082330324.jpg

7 brown's first set flower!
13707082436855.jpg

Douglah has set a few too
13707086028803.jpg

Yellow BB douglahs
13707085190899.jpg

First pods set on the tallest
13707085823032.jpg

Plants are kicking azz mon, sweet!!!   \o/

Dis grow is coming along super, love da variety and I can’t wait to see you pulling loads of pods off dem, congrats on the first one setting!!!! You’ll soon be saying “welcome to my jungle mon,” hehehe

Wishin ya a killa weekend mon, keep up dat great grow!

WalkGood said:
Plants are kicking azz mon, sweet!!!   \o/

Dis grow is coming along super, love da variety and I cant wait to see you pulling loads of pods off dem, congrats on the first one setting!!!! Youll soon be saying welcome to my jungle mon, hehehe

Wishin ya a killa weekend mon, keep up dat great grow!
Thanks Ramon!
A jungle will be suffice! Definitely going to have a few hedges!
Have a great weekend too!

Last few picts...

TS moruga yellow
13707083607168.jpg

CGN 23258
13707083493167.jpg

This Tobago seasoning is towering the other.
13707083854210.jpg

Looking foward to these TS yellow CARDIs.
13707083714099.jpg

Pulled onions out of the raised beds two weeks ago. This one is on the compost pile and continues to try. Flowers were open this morning.
13707086144404.jpg

Thanks Bonnie! Potatoed leaf Gold medal tomatoes!
13707086298965.jpg

They look great! They're at that stage where they're ready to have an explosion of growth.

Your Reaper looks like #4, large leaves and more space between them trunk wise.

You got it going on! Great job thIs year!

Jamison said:
Fantastic, dude!
:)
Devv said:
They look great! They're at that stage where they're ready to have an explosion of growth.

Your Reaper looks like #4, large leaves and more space between them trunk wise.

You got it going on! Great job thIs year!
Thank you Scott! They are exploding with growth!
All three of the reapers look alike. Same leaf shape and sizes, stem and spacing all the same. Maybe that's a good sign.
Hoping for an epic year! My potted plants are doing so much better than last year, out pacing the ingrounds at the moment. I walked around inspecting this morning and i see flowers setting everywhere, and buds where they were not!
Things are looking good!
DocNrock said:
Feeling crappy...but :)

Edit:  Missed the dual pods on the WDT!  Kick Ass!
Yep! Two pods on that one from Jamison. And two flowers set on the other tallest from shane via smileyguy697 via SS!

Spicegeist said:
We've been getting that rain up here too, hope it dries out soon...
More rain today! and then some afternoon sun! Hope your plants are loving as mine! They are really taking off now!
stc3248 said:
Lookin real good GH! 
Thank you Shane! Still trying to catch up to ya!
grantmichaels said:
Really nice looking plants, man ...

Ours only look that color during sunshowers =)
Thank you Grant! Loving thst everything is greening up now!
I finally got some sun after the rains moved on and everything is looking amazing.
I hope you can have a few drier days yourself!

First choc scorp pod!
13709188431171.jpg

A white 7 pod on the larger plant. There are close to twenty little pods forming!
13709188539182.jpg

Can I just ask, when the plants were in their small pots in a tray in the earlier posts, how did you water? From the top or from the bottom?

Kentlad said:
Can I just ask, when the plants were in their small pots in a tray in the earlier posts, how did you water? From the top or from the bottom?
When the plants were much younger i did mostly bottom watering. Filled up a tray with water, then setting the plants that needed it in to soak. I sometime gave a little top watering to get it going also if it was way dry and not wanting to soak up. But as the plants aged, i got lazier and just top watered. I did get some fungus gnats towards the end with the last inside plants, mostly likely from doing so.

Great pod starter pics, very good photoging mon! Very cool that you are growing a chocolate scorpion too, as long as no issues mine's setting up to pump a lot of pods sooner or later, hehe.

Back