• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

hobbies Gamers here?

I had to do some digging to find this thread!!

Any one getting MW3?? I dabbled in MW2, was an admitted camper but pretty good at Blops; and now I am excited to be getting MW3 in the mail today! I guess that makes me a bit of a nerd. I'm fine with that! :D

And B2BS- What's your website? I'd love to check it out!

Playstation 3:
  • Battlefield: Bad Company 2
  • Call of Duty 3
  • Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit
  • Dragon Ball: Raging Blast
  • Gran Turismo 5
  • Mortal Kombat 9
  • Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe
  • Resistance 2
  • Resistance 3
  • Resistance: Fall of Man
  • Super Street Fighter IV
  • Tekken 6
  • The Darkness
  • The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

PC:
  • Age of Empires II
  • Age of Empires III
  • Age of Mythology
  • Borderlands
  • Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2
  • Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3
  • Duke Nukem 3D
  • Dune 2000
  • Empire Earth
  • Need for Speed: Most Wanted
  • Need for Speed: Underground
  • Need for Speed: Underground 2
  • Rise of Nations
  • Warcraft II
  • Warcraft III

I have a lot of free time... :lol:

I used to have a list like that- I'm jealous!! I played a ton of AoE, and I still like to throw in a little command and conquer. I've pretty much switched to console gaming now, but I am really looking forward to Diablo 3, if it ever comes out.

I've been thinking I need a new driving game, do you like the Gran Tourismo series? Ever tried the Need for Speed games on a console??

Gran Turismo 5 is the ultimate driving simulator. it's amazingly realistic. not filled with random hip-hop tracks, sexy women and a plot like Need for Speed. if you like driving, or if you just like cars, it's definitely the best game out there. waiting for 6!

BTW, I still play Diablo and Diablo 2 a lot. don't know how I managed to forget those two.

PS3 GAMER HERE.

Currently working toward a Platinum on Batman: Arkham City

The rest of the bunch:
RAGE
MODNATION RACERS
LITLLE BIG PLANET 1 & 2
MARVEL ULTIMATE ALLIANCE 1&2
RED FACTION GORILLA
UNCHARTED 1 & 2
BORDERLANDS
SPIDER-MAN SHATTERED DIMENSIONS
BIO SHOCK
NHL 2K9
MORTAL KOMBAT VS DC UNIVERSE
GOD OF WAR 1-3
DARKSIDERS
RESISTANCE 1 & 2
DEVIL MAY CRY 4
STAR WARS FORCE UNLEASHED
METAL GEAR 4
HEAVY RAIN
GHOSTBUSTERS
RATCHET & CLANK TOOLS OF DESTRUCTION & CRACK IN TIME
SKATE 2
ASSASSINS CREED 2
X-MEN WOLVERINE ORIGINS
FALLOUT 3 & NEW VEGAS
RED DEAD REDEMPTION

I used to play console games (Tekken, Tekken, Tekken, Tekken!)...
But I have crossed over to the dark side, where there is only ONE game...
World...
Of...
Warcrack!... I mean Warcraft!

I definitely go in and out. I play 2 or 3 in a row and then I kinda chill for a while. The wife hates it, almost as much as runny eggs, but when I can get her to take a nap I have plenty of time to sit in front of the plasma and go for it. I am a PS3 guy because my XBOX 360 blew up (not like shrapnel, but boom/flash/smoke/no-workey. So, I figured it was time to switch.

Since then, I have played through a lot of different games. My top 5 are

1. Metal Gear Solid 4
2. Batman Arkham Asylum (about 20% through this but so far it is freaking amazing. Could end up #1)
3. Uncharted 2
4. Uncharted 1
5. Infamous 1

I TRY to love driving games, but my days of playing Need For Speed for hours are over. Also, I cant do the sports games. The only reason the COD games dont make my list is because of the story mode, it is just not long enough. I was a huge online player when I lived in the barracks, but now that I am married and live with the wife there is just no way I can spend hours getting PWND by 13 year olds. Some other honorable mentions are God of War, Dead Space, and the Rachet and Clank games (I love that little lomax).

Like I said, I am playing BM2 right now and it is utterly amazing. Game Informer gave it 10 out of 10 and commented that it was possibly the best of all time. It is really that good. I cant put it down. I actually spend more time on it than I do on this, I know, :crazy:

Like I said, I am playing BM2 right now and it is utterly amazing. Game Informer gave it 10 out of 10 and commented that it was possibly the best of all time. It is really that good. I cant put it down. I actually spend more time on it than I do on this, I know, :crazy:

That's funny, me too. I can't but the damn game down. ALL of my free time lately has been playing it... My wife is also not a fan... :lol:

please respond with your opinion of it. how does it stack up against MW2 ?

I got in about an hour last night, so I'm not an expert on the subject just yet. Graphics are great, gameplay is (guesstimating) more similar to MW2 than Blops. I don't have any experience with the new/different killstreak system, so I can't comment, looks cool though. I like the fact that you don't have to purchase unlocked guns, but (and I may be wrong) you only get one custom class to start with, instead of the 5 on your first prestige. Don't like that, but over all I think I'm gonna enjoy playing!

I got in about an hour last night, so I'm not an expert on the subject just yet. Graphics are great, gameplay is (guesstimating) more similar to MW2 than Blops. I don't have any experience with the new/different killstreak system, so I can't comment, looks cool though. I like the fact that you don't have to purchase unlocked guns, but (and I may be wrong) you only get one custom class to start with, instead of the 5 on your first prestige. Don't like that, but over all I think I'm gonna enjoy playing!
Pretty much got it - Im still getting used to the kill streaks and guns - Love the M4 M16 Ump and the ScarL making a comeback. I see the Acr in a few more rankings. Quick scopping is back the square-ish red dot site is cool. Lots of maps I didnt venture out of Mercenary to much I want to get a feel of the game. The Striker is always fun as well as the Stakeout. The secondarys are pretty cool I used a machine pistol the FMG9 pretty cool for close quarters. There are bouncing Betty's and many other cool tactical devices.
The gameplay is cleaner and faster I think and overall once I get to know the game and maps better it can only enhance it. The prestiging and rankings are different than BlOps and there were a lot of people that have ranked up pretty quick already but thats to be expected and a few times I had a hard time getting a connection to live I think due to everyone logging in.

Good game overall

I'm a PC gamer, also had the old playstation 1 and 2. Big Gran Turismo fan, Im yet to try GT 5 because I just can't get myself to cough up the money for a new TV and a PS3. Would love to play online on GT5 I was pretty good at GT1 and 2.

I built my computer so I saved alot of money on that. For those of you that are tech savy, I have a amd3 955 (had it well before i5 was out). I can overclock it to 3.6ghz with no issues, running stock 3.2ghz, it does the job fine atm, 8 gig of ram, have over 3TB in storage (no ssd yet :( ), gtx 570 video card :cool: and a fairly new 27" asus monitor.

I'm waiting for Diablo 3, :pray: hopefully it comes before the next ice age.

Hi all,

Glad to find this thread. I am a PC gamer, that is where my forum name comes into play. "Smiter" as in RPG priests who smite. The "Q" comes from my grilling and que hobby.

I am patiently awaiting the release of Guild Wars 2. No monthly fees, great stories, and great art. I used to game more.. but RL(real life) gets in the way!

Here is a video trailer of the game if you have not seen it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjCehYrEbO0&feature=fvsr

Also looking forward to STAR WARS, The Old Republic.
Video trailer also looks killer!
Any other fans of these two games coming out?

I'm not really up to date with what new games are coming out so I was unaware there was GW2 coming. Thx for the trailer vids they both look awesome. I can't believe no one has made a decent Diablo clone in the last few years as there must be a massive market for it.

Some people have a ridiculous amount of money tied into their D2 account, so I doubt their willing to switch for a clone! Back in the day I bought a few things for trading, and a couple of the rare (but cheap!!) armor pieces; but there were several websites that had several armors and weapons that were selling for hundreds of dollars. Real money! For a sword in a video game!!! I'm a nerd, but not that much!

The original Diablo is probably one of the best games ever made. totally changed everything. I like it better than Diablo 2.

I'm not sure I ever played it. The friend that introduced me to that game was playing DII, so I bet I never went back and got the story...

Back