• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Getting Fit!

Voodoo 6 said:
You two look really fit, what are you eating to cut the weight? I have been on the kale and espresso, been on two plateau's at 200 and now at 190. Looking to drop 20 more.

Who is looking fit, not me..I am just very good at keeping my belly flat. I eat truckloads of clean food and i really dont watch how much i eat either, i just eat plenty of good food to stay fit. :rofl: If i told you what i eat or drink, i am sure you would re-consider asking the question what i eat to stay "fit".

Here goes:

Morning:

-Coffee.
-Msm suppliment 1tl+lemon juice from bottle/half litre of water.
-Rye porridge+grease in there.
-Half litre of organic milk.
-Some peanuts with raisins.
-One or two bananas.

Midday:
-Some coffee.
-4 pieces of ryebread with grease.
-lot of cheese, turkey meat, boiled eggs and sometimes tuna from a can.
-Banana and other fruits.
-Various vegetables.
-Half litre of water/organic milk.

And i basically eat that midday stuff the whole day, so i drink milk like 1.5-2 litres a day and eat a whole lot. Also use various suppliments like multivitamin, fish oil, garlic pills, magnesium, c-vitamin and ginger root extract.

I rarely eat any sweets or other shit like that. I also use sugar very little and no sugar in the coffee, just milk in there. I do not cut weight, i eat clean food to make the body lose that fat naturally in time and train/move a lot.

Just used the weight scale and it said 85kg, but i dont feel like i have lost any muscle mass so i think it is fluids and some fat tissue. I am not even trying to lose any, it just happens with the clean eating i have been doing for a while now without feeling much hunger at all. :confused:

The key for getting fit is not to starve yourself with any of those so called diets as they only work in short term but not in long term, but to eat the right food to keep yourself from eating too much and that way you will feel full for much longer between eating times. Also take it slow, getting fit is not a race to see who finish first!

Voodoo 6 said:
You two look really fit, what are you eating to cut the weight? I have been on the kale and espresso, been on two plateau's at 200 and now at 190. Looking to drop 20 more.
I post a lot of what I eat in the Spicy Meatless Thread

I don't usually calorie count or anything, but I have started paying more attention to macros after getting my personal training certification.  I don't really change my diet to cut weight unless it is getting close to a weigh-in and I need make a specific weight.  Normally weight isn't a major concern for me but holidays and vacation got the best of me this go around and with competition season starting I need to shed some lbs fast.  Just going back to my regular eating habits in the month I've dropped about 4.5 lbs. I personally don't like weight loss as a goal for clients, but rather fat loss.  As people start working out and eating better, they lose fat, but might gain heavier muscle.  Just as an example the Body Mass Index puts me in the overweight category for my height.  I'm no where near overweight as far as fat is concerned but I do have a bit of muscle weight that most people height/gender don't usually have. 

Chilidude said:
I have pilates roll and that double ball thing, had to learn to use both to massage the problem areas. Can also do pigeon yoga moves for opening the hips and other hip opening yoga moves that most people dream, but cant do without years of practice.

I do alot of other stretch moves maybe two times a day, because i just have to do it to keep the piriformis syndrome at bay and maybe one day fix it.

I also found out that hanging from a bar also helps.

But thanks anyway for thinking about my well being. :P
Consider doing stretches around your hip as well, I experience similar aches and pains from an office job and hanging from a bar relieves the pain because there isn't weight being put on the low back/hip.  I'd suggest some latissimus dorsi stretches (side bends with arm over head) and hamstring stretches in addition to the hip flexor and glute stretching.  The lats connect to your pelvis/lumbar spine and go all the way up the back, when they get tight and shorten it pulls at the hip causing low back pain.  Same with the hamstrings if they're shortened they're pulling at the pelvis in weird ways as well.    When foam rolling also roll the hamstring and lats, attention to the surrounding muscles usually helps relieve pain. 

Rawkstah said:
Consider doing stretches around your hip as well, I experience similar aches and pains from an office job and hanging from a bar relieves the pain because there isn't weight being put on the low back/hip.  I'd suggest some latissimus dorsi stretches (side bends with arm over head) and hamstring stretches in addition to the hip flexor and glute stretching.  The lats connect to your pelvis/lumbar spine and go all the way up the back, when they get tight and shorten it pulls at the hip causing low back pain.  Same with the hamstrings if they're shortened they're pulling at the pelvis in weird ways as well.    When foam rolling also roll the hamstring and lats, attention to the surrounding muscles usually helps relieve pain. 

I do alot of stretch moves to my lower back and hamstrings, but the side bend stretch thing could need some more attention. I do roll my sides with the foam roller, because i get that one sided side pain quite often. However i dont have pains in my lower pain too often, because i rarely sit around.

Rawkstah said:
I post a lot of what I eat in the Spicy Meatless Thread

I don't usually calorie count or anything, but I have started paying more attention to macros after getting my personal training certification.  I don't really change my diet to cut weight unless it is getting close to a weigh-in and I need make a specific weight.  Normally weight isn't a major concern for me but holidays and vacation got the best of me this go around and with competition season starting I need to shed some lbs fast.  Just going back to my regular eating habits in the month I've dropped about 4.5 lbs. I personally don't like weight loss as a goal for clients, but rather fat loss.  As people start working out and eating better, they lose fat, but might gain heavier muscle.  Just as an example the Body Mass Index puts me in the overweight category for my height.  I'm no where near overweight as far as fat is concerned but I do have a bit of muscle weight that most people height/gender don't usually have. 

I am slighly overweight in that body mass index...Oh, now i get it..It is that massive belly i have. :P

And Rawkstah, you have the body type i would much rather prefer to look at compared to the thin framed women i often see walking around without any notable muscle mass or curves in the lower portion of the body...So keep at it, you are doing just great as it is!

Most men dont know the difference between a real woman and a girl, even if they hit them right in the head with a hammer. I would rather life with a woman, that can lift me up compared to the girl that cant do that...Oh well what does that even matter anyway, as i am too picky when it comes to women.

Right on, some good information from you two. How do you like metal detecting Chilidude? I have been keeping my eyes out for a good detector but have to admit, I need to learn the terminology. Cheers!

Voodoo 6 said:
Right on, some good information from you two. How do you like metal detecting Chilidude? I have been keeping my eyes out for a good detector but have to admit, I need to learn the terminology. Cheers!

I didnt do much metal detecting last year, because it rained all the time/slighly lowered interest towards metal detecting in general..But i got 3 pieces of metal detectors right now, Xp deus with 9"/11" coils and two Macro racers v1 stock/small coil and v2 model with stock/small coil, including other things, that came with the package. I also got few Garrett pro-pointers and other stuff too.

I got a Youtube channel as well for metal detecting, but have not done any new videos for a while now.

I am looking at the Garrett's because they are made in Texas. I also liking the Mine labs, but they are expensive.

Voodoo 6 said:
I am looking at the Garrett's because they are made in Texas. I also liking the Mine labs, but they are expensive.

You also want to check out those Macro detectors too:
http://www.makrodetector.com/

You may think the Garrett at pro is good in separation/recovery speed or depth of detection, well these ones are much better at separating things between iron trash and the depth of detection is something that i have not seen in this prize range before. I know this because i have tested various detectors head to head. But overall the Xp deus have been just great in most situations i have been and it is also very light/easy to handle with upgradable firmware.

I am looking into a used detector for now, I must admit, my knowledge of detectors is lacking. I take one day off from cycling, and would really like to have a hobby and get some exercise at the same time. I book marked your link and will look into makro. Appreciate the cool link.

Voodoo 6 said:
I am looking into a used detector for now, I must admit, my knowledge of detectors is lacking. I take one day off from cycling, and would really like to have a hobby and get some exercise at the same time. I book marked your link and will look into makro. Appreciate the cool link.

Usa made detectors are not that good anymore in terms of features/performance or warranty service. All the best tech is coming from Europe/other countries beside America now. Also Minelab is not an American brand, but you may think it is because of the marketing they have done for many years now.

Minelab metal detectors are expensive and overrated for what they are, there are much better metal detectors out there with much better prize/performance ratio.

Paste these texts in Youtube:

For European metal detectorist:

Metal Detecting UK: Makro Multi Kruzer, bench test

For American metal detectorist:

NEW MAKRO MULTI KRUZER FIELD TEST

If you have any further questions about metal detecting in general, let's continue those talks via PM.

Voodoo6, see how "fit" and heathy looking man i was in 2.6.2010:

I was at 106kg/28 years old in this picture, eating too much junk food and gaming/sitting in front of the computer all day long without much exercise . I didnt feel good at all and wanted to lose weight, but that change had to come from inside my head first by changing my habits for the better for good and the body soon started to follow.

It was me all along, that didnt want to change my habits for the better at the time.

I was the same way, I started cycling back in April of 2017, lost 50 pounds, but need to lose another 20. Its been a long road, but I like the results so far. I hate eating salads and the other healthy foods, but it is punishment for me getting fat. I guess in the end you cant put a price on health or sanity.

where your pic go, Voodoo? I can assure you I wasnt laughing at you. I laugh at all men in lycra esepically this jerk off.
12243284_1507568792904408_6138115068339477347_n.jpg

Back