• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Getting Fit!

Forget about that cycling Voodoo6 and start walking everywhere you can with a big backback hauling stuff around, including the food you eat. I also did a lot of cycling but once i started walking everywhere i could, that is when my weight started to go down slowly but surely. You got that mass to make the fat melt away, so make those legs do the job.  Daily 5-10km walks is all i needed for fat melting combined with the other training i do.

You can eat plenty of food while doing it and never feel hungry, just make sure you eat foods that contains a lot of good protein, good fats, carbohydrate source like bananas and a lot of fibres from eating vegetable and whole grain stuff. You can include even a cheat meal once a week while doing it, so you dont feel like it is some kind of punishment to you.

I love eating foods that makes your body work like it is suppose to work, also see the positive results because of it and i never felt like it is some kind of punishment to me while doing it.

This was my todays training with those heavy(for me) kettlebells:

Kettlebell two hand swing:
48kg x 21.

One arm swing:
32kg x 10 for both hands.

One arm clean:
40kg x 10 for both hands.

One arm push press:
32kg x 10 for both hands.

Very basic full body kettlebell moves combined with short/quick training and it work great for me. My whole training program is based on those different mass/strength building kettlebell moves.

Gee that is a great idea Chilidude, was in the Airborne for about 8 years, carried 110 packs all the time. it also fucks your back up, which is why I took up cycling.

Voodoo 6 said:
Gee that is a great idea Chilidude, was in the Airborne for about 8 years, carried 110 packs all the time. it also f**ks your back up, which is why I took up cycling.

Ok sorry Voodoo6 about my not so detailed message, i didnt mean you should carry that kind of load all day long. 110 is way too much to carry all the time, my loads are mostly between 5-20kg and that is maybe a hour of two few times a week at most, when i carry some food or other stuff around picked from the shop.

Between that time i just walk around with my bodyweight and i noticed it works better than cycling for me. Besides it is too damn cold here in the winter time, so for now i prefer that walking thing.

I too have cycled a lot in my lifetime, because i dont have a car or a drivers license either and It is not because i dont have enough money to get one either.

My backpains where mostly created by too much sitting and once i stopped doing that, those problems are mostly gone.

Right on Chili, I know what you mean. Probably going into surgery soon for the back. Which mean no cycling for about 6 months while I learn how to walk again. Going to be looking for some good ideas on the diet during the inactivity. Last thing I want to to put the weight back on. Keep on rocking man! Cheers!

Voodoo 6 said:
Right on Chili, I know what you mean. Probably going into surgery soon for the back. Which mean no cycling for about 6 months while I learn how to walk again. Going to be looking for some good ideas on the diet during the inactivity. Last thing I want to to put the weight back on. Keep on rocking man! Cheers!

To help with you back pains, you may want to start adding that MSM stuff in your body. It will heal wounds, ligaments and everything else much faster that the normal rate. The full effect of that stuff you start to notice in a month or two with improved joint, nails, skin, hair and ligament health.

sicman said:
where your pic go, Voodoo? I can assure you I wasnt laughing at you. I laugh at all men in lycra esepically this jerk off.
12243284_1507568792904408_6138115068339477347_n.jpg

Thanks for reminding me to never to post in the cycling gear Sic. Some things can never be unseen. Cheers! Good luck on your endurance race. 

i had always prided myself in my fitness. but i got to say, my fitness level has never been like now!
i give credit to going vegan!  
been running 4 times a week with daily works outs. i am on pace to run a half marathon next month.
after that run thou no more running over 10k. 
will train for a hiking trip in june next, plan on doing a week hiking vacation in june, doing pikes peak and the incline. 

hardcore said:
i had always prided myself in my fitness. but i got to say, my fitness level has never been like now!
i give credit to going vegan!  
been running 4 times a week with daily works outs. i am on pace to run a half marathon next month.
after that run thou no more running over 10k. 
will train for a hiking trip in june next, plan on doing a week hiking vacation in june, doing pikes peak and the incline. 

I am doing a balanced eating. More of that non meat stuff combined  with little less meat eating, seems to work great.

Chilidude said:

To help with you back pains, you may want to start adding that MSM stuff in your body. It will heal wounds, ligaments and everything else much faster that the normal rate. The full effect of that stuff you start to notice in a month or two with improved joint, nails, skin, hair and ligament health.

Unfortunately its severe stenosis, confirmed with the MRI. The medical term is Cauda Equina:

https://www.webmd.com/back-pain/guide/cauda-equina-syndrome-overview#1

The sad thing is, I told the docs what is was two years ago. I don't really care at this point what they do. Been in pain so long I don't even remember what happiness feels like. Guess its better than cancer though, so that is a good thing.

Back