• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

`Global Warming`

ring sting said:
So if it isn't global warming causing this stuff, what is it?
The cows are doing it....read the Death To The Cows page in my signature....it's all the info on the coming cowtastrify that you'll ever need. :hell:

I have to say that i agree with wordwiz in regards to the slight shifting of the seasons...

In my area i believe that the seasons have shifted by a month and have commented to one or two forum member of this in the past..

All four seasons (IMO) are coming later by a month on average.

I can't back this up scientifically, it's just my 30 years of observations, and listening to the folks that have lived this life longer than me...

imaguitargod said:
The cows are doing it....read the Death To The Cows page in my signature....it's all the info on the coming cowtastrify that you'll ever need. :hell:

My friend the methane race is destroying us all ;)

imaguitargod said:
The cows are doing it....:hell:

You might not be to far wrong....

They say that Agriculture (very broad link back to passow's cow friends) is one of the biggest contributors to "global warming"???

Geez,

15 years ago, I was involved in a huge debate about cow farts in a CompuServe newsgroup.

I love cows, I eat beef at least once a day (except on Fridays during Lent). Cows are our friends, we need them as much as we need chickens, hogs and fish.

I'm scheming how I can sneak one into my shed and feed it during next spring and summer, and into ealy fall, so I can slaughter it and have all kinds of meat to eat. Not to mention, lots of fertilizer to spread.

Mike

WW -- I stand corrected!

Oh, and there is/was a big debate here regarding greenhouse gas emissions, and whether agriculture would need to be included in emissions caps/surcharges. Pig farmers and beef growers weren't so keen on it.

BTW cows and pigs taste gooood, particularly w/ an appropriate chilli sauce.

Not sure if I buy into Global Warming but climate change does happen. Whether or not humans are causing it I don't know but I bet we sure ain't helping things. The drought and extreme heat here this summer are why my pepper crop failed. Just say'n. Last year I was happy it stayed warm until Jan. because I had a nice late harvest. This year... too hot; too dry...no pollination; no peppers. :hell:

Did GW have anything to do with that? Beats me.

That said....

Please keep politics out of this thread and I'll leave it open....

MMkay?

I totally agree with Chuk, many people have left this forum due to political debates, and now we're even getting the F word in the tags:rolleyes:

I'm 35kms from the coast, I reckon the way things are going I'll have a beachfront property in about 20 yrs, just when I'm looking at retirement! who needs superannuation when you've got ocean views?!?!

I for one do not buy into the whole global warming thing, my belief is that it is a natural occurance to have varying temperatures, it's been shown though history and will continue to be shown. To me it is just another way for the fat cats of this world to rip off the average Joe at every opportunity. (kinda like the Roman Catholic Church) ooops did i just say that or think it.. oh well.

awww chuk why ya gotta be the bringer of bad news ? :D;) (J/K)

as for global warming, earth does its own thing. humans have not helped any but is not 100% at fault for global warming.

around here our winters have changed alot! from the times when I was a kid. we get some strange temps too, now where you could even be wearing shorts in the offical winter season & we lack moisture in winter & summer.
our forest zone is also shrinking & turning into prairie zone not all by humans. just certain trees/shrubs/grasses are dieing & being replaced by another type.

when you guys laugh about ocean front. if it really happened most of MN & WI would be underwater, infact they say it (great lakes) could go to the dakotas roughly this far out & all around to the other states & canada.

As long as it's followed by an ice age like the last global warming era(cretaceous period) is all i'm concerned about. I can't wait.

Sickmont said:
As long as it's followed by an ice age like the last global warming era(cretaceous period) is all i'm concerned about. I can't wait.

Digging the new avatar..................;)

"A Global Warning" on the discovery channel was eye opening.

Bogs in the arctic that had been frozen for 1000s of years are thawing and burping out huge bubbless of methane.

The soil cores that they extracted from miles deep showed alarming contrast between what has been the natural cycle of things, and what is occurring now.

Whether man tipped the balance or not, it is something we should be aware of, and we may need to curb some activities that are worsening it.

Global warming. Economy in the shitter. Taliban on the move. Iran bringing the ultimate nuclear finger diddler online soon. Cowboys tanking without Romo....we don't seem to be happy without a swirling cesspool of BS revolving around us like the planets at all times. Peace sells. Nobody's buying. I want change too. That's it. No more beer.....only tequila..straight up.

Cheers, TB.

Back