• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning everyone. Our 15 minutes of rain yesterday didn't water much, but cooled the air. Our monsoon must have hit the Midwest, I'm sorry to say. Those floods look horrible.

We're off to the Botanic Gardens to see the lavender fields this morning, and bringing a friend who works too much and sees little of CO. My lavender is in bloom, so it must be an awesome sight to see a whole field of it.

Share the day and enjoy your adventures. Sic's lucky to have a wonderful grandson for a visit. Pics and memories are all we have.

Good morning. I hope you all have a awesome day. I went to bed at 2 and got up now. Time for some work in the garden before it gets hot.

Sic, I can't believe how old he is. Time flys. Enjoy your time bud.

Jane, I went to the gardens in the Winter once. It was awesome inside. Orchid garden was fantastic. I could only imagine what the outside looks like looks. Have fun!

Good morning everyone. Sic - sorry (!) about labeling you the "gramps" at forty! Best wishes for your son's joining the military. That's a big job these days, and scary. Live your life the best you know how and forget about being judged. Enjoy the life you're given.

The Lavender Festival yesterday was filled with beautiful flowers in bloom and a working garden that had it's ups and downs - a real garden experience for the kids and non-gardeners. Lots of vendors, music, activities for the kids, how they dyed cloth way back when, spinnng yarn from alpaca wool. Lots to see and LOTS of people. Glad we got there when it opened and not 2 hours later. The area us d to be a ranch in the 1800s and still has the one room schoolhouse.

Have a great day and share your joys. Stay safe.

Good morning all :)
hope everyone had a wonderful weekend 
I got some weeds pulled in the garden, and a pump hooked up so we can use the rainbarrels to water all of the garden now, even the berries on the far end of the property  :party:
Peppers are doin pretty good, many of them have completely recovered from the storm damage, and are starting to take off again :)
Weatherman says 90F / 32 C this afternoon, don't forget to stay hydrated.

Hope you all have a great week

:cheers:

Good morning everyone. My summer squash harvest has finally started with yellows and zukes. Now to keep an eye on them or they'll get zucchini bread size. Oh, what to do when your gift of squash is ignored and the freezer is filled?

Another hot day so it's off to the garden early. Enjoy your day and stay cool(er). Sad to see all of the fires in BC in Canada, and the sinkhole in FL and the destruction they cause.

Back