• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning all

it's nearly noon here now and it's already 81F / 27C here 

glad you and family including all the animals are safe Jason  :dance:  sucks about the plants :(  

I wont have biopsy results back for a couple weeks, but the procedure went well, I dont remember anything after the "milk of amnesia"  (i swear it looked like milk in my IV line :shocked: )

bowl of Oatmeal for breakfast, then out to the garden for a bit, then a couple deliveries this evening, should be an easy day  :cool:

Hope you all find plenty to be thankful for today, and many reasons to S.M.I.L.E. :D

8eOVJTL.jpg

Good morning all 

thanks everyone for the thoughts prayers and kind words from all of you 
This morning thread, and your positive attitudes brighten my mornings each day and put a smile on my face :)

High of 89F / 29C predicted for this afternoon, currently  69/21  and more peppers still ripening!

snagged a green Hatch  Minnesnowtaheim :lol: pepper from the garden for breakfast today   :party:
XxuEnZU.jpg

Nom Nom Nom

hope everyone has a fantastic Friday and plenty of reasons to S.M.I.L.E. :D

Good morning everyone. Finally some cooler sleeping weather and a touch of rain. I dreamt we'd wake up to a blanket of snow! Tomatoes are finally ripening so the peppers should soon follow suit. I did find a chocolate bhut that was supposed to be red.

Too wet to garden to it'll have to be R and R and shopping today. Enjoy your day and keep positive. Smile.

Good morning all :)

hope your all having a spectacular Saturday so far

Wife found out about this event while at the State Fair this year  :party:
HuIllPe.jpg

So we are going to do that this afternoon  :dance:  :dance:
I'm excited  :woohoo:
I've never been to a pepper tasting event!?.  Should i bring peppers for others to taste too ?

Ps i won a few 4th and a 5th place ribbons at state fair this year, and my wife got her first ribbon, a 5th place in the amateur honeybee photography with a; Honeybee on a Pubescens flower pic. :)

hope you all have a wonderful weekend 

:cheers:  Mmmmm Coffee :D

Good morning all :)

the Pepper tasting yesterday was a lot of fun  :dance:
there were 108 sweet peppers, 49 mild peppers, and 52 "hot" peppers to taste 
score sheets with room for notes on each.  They had to move it indoors because there was a chance for rain, but it never got too crowded
they had grilled corn on the cob too :)
 here's some pics;
MKZhjcD.jpg

Sweet tables
gNzyiiv.jpg

more sweets

qlguphk.jpg

Mild tables

nxOGiPK.jpg

"Hots" 

was fun, and i was surprised at how many types my wife even tried  :shocked:   they didnt have any supers or crazy hots out for tasting

I found out they offer about 400 kinds of peppers as seedlings each spring  :cool:
while i'll still be growing most of mine from seeds i've traded, it's nice to know that there is a place less than an hour from me that has a pretty big selection of live plants offered.

I'm thinking sausage, egg, serrano, and cheese breakfast burritos this morning :D
and BLT with homegrown tomatoes from the in-laws garden for lunch  :drooling:

hope you all have a superb Sunday
don't forget to S.M.I.L.E. :D
and be excellent to each other

Good morning everyone. Wow, GIP, what a haul of beautiful peppers! Who supplied all of them? I've never heard of a pepper tasting but they knew how to do one.

Colder weather weekend, but warming week. Maybe it's what the peppers and tomatoes need to ripen. I still have 3 varieties with only green tomatoes and many peppers with just flowers.

Enjoy your day with lots of fun stuff. Pay it forward and smile.

Back