• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning. We’re putting layettes together and then delivering them to the distribution center. The number of families they’re helping with food and clothing has tripled since Covid. Food drive today also. Hope you have a wonderful day. Stay healthy and wear those masks.

Good morning.  It's 28 (-2) on its way to 51 (11).  Sic .... I wouldn't look forward to weed eating ponds either. Nasty work unless I brought a fishing rod.  Watch out for gators  :lol:  ..... or since it's Florida .... golfers!  My schedule isn't bad today.  Working until mid morning.  Not sure what else we've got going on today.  Be safe and be good.

Good morning. Only a few errands planned and then I’m working on the boxes of stuff I’ve saved for too long. The daughter wants to peruse the stuff before it’s donated. Sic - at least your job keeps you in the beautiful Florida sun. I hope your day goes well, stay safe, and keep loved ones close.

Good morning.  It's 30 on its way to 52.  Beautiful weather.  Not sure what we've got going on today.  I need to do an inventory of my seed starting supplies sometime this weekend.  I'd like to get a walk in today.  Probably watch some football.  Grilling and beverages this evening.  Be safe and be good.

Good morning. Warm-for-December weather with no moisture for another week, but still too cold for weeding . We have an unplanned weekend, maybe some old movies, maybe walk the mall, maybe choc. chip cookies. Sic - your job is too scary with alligators around. I’ve never seen one up close.

Have a wonderful day. Stay healthy and wear those masks.

Good morning.  It's 32 on its way to 48.  Chores this morning.  Fishing this afternoon after it warms up. Chiefs game this evening. Got some wings out for the game. I'll need to get them on the grill after I get back from fishing.  My wife says she's going to make a pot of posole today.  Not sure what else is going on.  Be safe and be good.

Good morning hot pepper friends. Definitely feeling a lot more like fall/winter. 45 on its way to 60 today. We've been getting lows in the upper 30s. We had two nights of frost earlier this week which pretty much decimated most the garden. I think I'll get out there today and pull out what I can and burn the rest. I hope you all have a great day.

Good morning. 27*F and sunny. Luckily Sic’s gators won’t want to live here. I heard a report that they were almost killed to extinction in the 1900’s, but are making a great comeback. I think the study was done in LA. Looks like a beautiful day here. I made cookies yesterday, gave 1/3 to my gardener friend, who called to say he ate 6 so far . . . He’ s an angel.

Have a wonderful day. Enjoy your family and stay healthy.

Good morning.  It's 28 (-2) on its way to 54 (12). Moderate meeting schedule today.  Not much luck fishing yesterday.  Too cold and windy.  Got the 2021 garden planned.  I need to follow up on a few things and make sure I've got seed inventory.  Looks like the kitty has recovered.  Two trips to the vet and some medications and she appears to be feeling better.  Not sure what else is going on today.  Be safe and be good.    

Good morning. Sunny and warmer, with an unusual high temp for December of 62*F. I wrapped gifts, got the last box ready to send - finally found a bigger box, and need a bit more bubble wrap. Shopping for 2 guy gifts - probably Home Depot. Harry, glad the kitty has recovered. Monday errands and then we have a free day once the box is mailed.

I hope your day goes well. Stay healthy.

Good morning.  It's 30 (-1) on its way to 60 (16).  Very nice WX.  Moderate meeting schedule today.  Not sure what my wife has going on. I'd like to get a walk in.

Verified the seed inventory for the 2021 garden and it looks like the only thing we'll need to get are the potatoes in March. We've grown most everything over the years.  We don't grow curcurbits anymore because I can't stand squash bugs. 2021 will be a beet year. We need to restock our supply of pickled beets. If you guys have any must grows please let me know.  I've still got a couple of open beds in the plan.  

Good morning. Another warm day, the snow still lingers on the back yard lawn. The boxes have all been sent, none received yet. I cannot believe how the postal rate have risen, I’ll be curious what they are nearer to Christmas. The tree is up and lit, early for us, but it looks festive. Time to wrap gifts for home.

Harry, you have such a huge area to plant, I’ll need to think on what extra you might want to grow. I’m curious as to why you have squash bugs since you’re farther away from other gardens. They don’t like my cucumber plants, I haven’t seen them here for a few years. What kind of beets do you grow for pickling? January is a good time for me to get organized, but I have most seeds so far

I hope you all have a wonderful day. Stay healthy and blessed.

Good morning.  The nice WX continues ..... It's 36 (2) on it's way to 67 (19).  Moderate meeting schedule today.  Walk later on. 

Catherinew - If we grow melons or squash, the squash bugs will eventually find us.  Not so much on the cucumbers.  Nasty buggers .... we're organic therefore, it's tough to get rid of them. You know it's a nasty bug when chickens won't hardly eat them.  Our favorite pickling beets are the old heirloom Detroit Dark Red.

Be safe and be good.

Back