• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning.  It 5 (-15c) on it's way to 12 (-11c).  Winter has returned.  The forecast is for high temperatures in the single digits to low teens for the next 10 days.  Not sure what we've got going on today other than the big game this evening.  Germination Saturday is less than a week a away.  Everything is ready to go in the grow room.  Be safe and be good.  

Good morning. Yesterday my daughter and I went shopping for a freezer. Most of the stores/online said the pandemic caused heavy shopping so there’s a shortage of freezers. Most of the stores said May was their delivery date. Luckily we found one. Even Craig’s List was no help. Delivery will hopefully be in 2 weeks. Quiet day ahead, football game tonight. Blessings for Harry’s family.

Have a wonderful day and stay healthy. Remember those less fortunate.

Good morning.  It's 4 (-16c) on its way to 12 (-11c).  The cold blast is in full force.  I have the next couple of days off to help my wife move MIL's stuff out of the Assisted Living home and to help her with arrangements.  Other than that .... not much happening.  Be safe and be good.  

Good morning. Harry's got the cold temps, we have the dryness also. Yesterday a wildfire popped up a stone's throw from our neighborhood, ravaging through a public golf course. The winds helped the fire along, away from us. We drove to the fire, seeing lots of lookers like us, making sure the fire had not jumped the road and creeped up to us. There were 11 fire trucks and over 100 firefighters hosing down the grass and the fire. Not a good sign to being the 2021 year. Nothing much planned for the day.

I hope your day is filled with joy. Our thoughts go to Harry's family as they close another door. Be safe and stay healthy.

Good morning.  It's 4 (-16c) on its way to 14 (-10c).  It's forecasted to be very cold for at least the next 10 days.  It's a real mess on the roads. Icy, snowy and wrecks everywhere.  Today, we're finishing up the arrangements for MIL's last few things.  Not much else happening.  I might try to get a couple of trays of seeds starting later this afternoon.  Be safe and be good.  

Good morning.  It's 7 (-14c) on its way to 9 (-13c).  We've got another week left of this very cold weather.  The prognosticators are forecasting daytime highs of 3 (-16c) and lows -12 (-24c) by the end of the week.  This cold is unusual for us and it's been many years since it was this cold for this long. 

Back to work today.  Very busy meeting schedule.  Not sure what my wife has going on today.  She mentioned she might make steak soup .... I hope so!  

Be safe, be good and be blessed.  S.M.I.L.E.

Sorry to hear about your mil Harry, hope your wife is doing good. Glad no fire danger for you Catherine. Had a great trip,good to be home though. Lots to do today so i can ride my bike tomorrow. Was in 27 degree weather when we left yesterday morning to arrive at 83. Do not miss that kind of weather, frooze the entire week,lol. Yall have a great day. Bless up be awesome and good morning.

Good morning. This Arctic cold wave is bringing the cold temps to most of the Midwest, all the way into Texas. I’ll bet they haven’t seen these cold temps in awhile. It should be an inside day with a trip to the P.O. Glad to see Sic has safely returned from his trip north, experiencing a bit of our cold weather.

Have a wonderful day and stay healthy.

Good morning.  It's 8 (-13c) on it's way to 14 (-10c).  Looks like another busy day in the basement office.  Not much else happening.  Looking forward to the weekend.  Germination Saturday is getting close!  Be safe and be good.  

Good morning. We put in our beef order last night, with mostly steaks, a few roasts, and of course lots of ground beef. We talked to the farmer and made a tentative date for pick up. We also watched a YouTube about butchering a side of beef and what cuts come from where. Very informative. I’ll have to watch it again.

Have a wonderful day and stay healthy. Keep loved ones close.

Good morning.  It's 2 (-17c) on its way to 9 (-13c).  Light office schedule today.  I'm done by mid morning.  Starting chinense peppers this afternoon.  Approx. 60 varieties. We'll see how much I get done today.  I normally grill on Friday evenings but its very cold.  I think my wife mentioned having tamales instead of me grilling.  We'll see.  Beverages and hockey tonight.  Not much else happening.   Be safe, be blessed and be good.  

Good morning. Cold 4*F with a dusting of snow on the ground. Sic - how do you replace a leach field? The piping? Or dirt? Lots doily we never had to deal with this. Harry - you are truly ambitious growing 60 varieties of Chinense. You are a great grower, so take advantage of your talents and your rich soil.

All the best for a wonderful day. Stay healthy and informed. Wear those masks.

All the plastic drain pipes and rock Catherine, probably messed up because of a tree grandaddy planted years ago. And they wont be here until monday because dude is sick. Not really sure what today will bring. Yall be cool and good morning.

Good morning.  Yes, we're cool!  It's -5 (-21c) on its way 4 (-16c).  We're hunkered down indoors. The local WX forecasters say we'll start setting records for night time lows and daytime lows starting tonight through Tuesday.  This blast of cold will be the coldest I've seen it here in my 45 years of living in Kansas.  Heat pumps don't like it this cold!  Catherine .... thank you for the sympathy card.  Watching the early match and then it's down to the basement.  Today is germination Saturday!!!!  Not much else is happening.  Leftover steak soup for the main meal.  Be safe and be good.

Good morning. Looks like another cold day similar to Harry’s, another inside day. It’s too cold even to water the trees since we’re so dry. At least the sun is peeking out. Netflix is on the docket for tonight, setting up for annuums planting on Monday. Steal soup sounds delicious, especially when it’s freezing cold. I’ll look into the recipe. When the beef arrives, I’m planning making my dads Polish Cabbage soup that I haven’t made for many years.

Have a wonderful day and stay healthy.

Back