• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good Morning. Happy Valentines Day!  It's -2 (-19c) on it's way to 0 (-18c).  Very cold with light snow.  Got most of our chinenses started yesterday.  Maybe I'll start a few more vareties today.  Probably watch some matches this morning and some hockey later on.  It's too cold to work outside.  Big breakfast this morning.  Be safe and be good.   

Good morning and happy Valentine’s Day. Yesterday was a challenge - the power was off for some time and the temp in the area where I was overwintering peppers got down to 24*F. I guess they’re toast. The few new sprouts seem to have survived the cold. At least we got a little snow. My friend called to ask for a ride to get her first vaccine - hallelujah. I had her on at least 4 lists.

Have a wonderful day and stay healthy. Just waiting for gardening weather.

had a great evening. We watched movies and had ice cream, rasberries and booze. Leech field getting worked on today? Have a great day and good morning.

Good morning. Happy President's Day.  It's -10 (-23c) on its way to -3 (-19c).  Light snow.  A few more days left of the extreme cold. Not going anywhere today ..... hopefully.  Even though I have the day off .... I've got some office work to do this morning.  Working in the germination room after that.  Not sure what else we've got going on.  Be safe, be good and stay warm.    

Good morning. The cold will be lingering through the week, so we should be hibernating. I’m hoping to plant a few annuums today or tomorrow. We’re taking the friend for her shot today - she told us the wrong date - just get it done.

Happy Presidents Day. Stay warm and healthy.

Good morning.  It's -13 (-25c) on its way to 7 (-14c).  -13F ..... we haven't that seen that kind of temperature here in a very long time.  Hopefully this is the last day of the bitter cold.  The teens and twenties will feel like a heat wave.  Busy work schedule today.  I need to make a run to the post office this morning in between meetings.  Not much happening.  Be safe and be good.

Good morning. Yes, Harry, the teens and twenties temps are on their way with a few bumps in the road. You really got plastered with the cold weather this month. Hopefully the perennial flowers and garlic are OK. I’m on dog watch today plus daughter is having the freezer delivered today so we are the designated ones to wait for the delivery.

I hope your day goes well. Take time for yourself and stay healthy.

Good morning.  It's 2 (-17c) on its way to 20 (-7c).  Light winds and snow.  We are warming up!  The forecast has us above freezing on Friday!  I'm a little worried about the garlic, strawberries and the flowers.  They've been insulated by mulch and snow .... hopefully they're OK.  Extremely busy work schedule today.  Not sure what else is going on today.  Looks like we'll have the grandkids for the weekend.  Be safe and be good.  S.M.I.L.E.

Good morning. Sic- most of our days lately have been like yours with nothing planned. It should improve when the weather settles into a bit of normalcy. Harry - you have snow to help insulate plants. They should all be fine.

Enjoy the day and stay healthy. We are all blessed in one way or another.

Well having a problem with water heater, hopefully its fixed. Have to re route some water lines also so we make codes and the septic people have to hydro seal a crack in septic tank. Hopefully the day goes on without a hitch. Yall be cool and have a great day. Good morning.

Good morning.  It's 5 (-15c) on its way to 22 (-6c).  There's 6-12" of snow on the ground. Temperatures are heating up nicely.  Looks like we might make it above freezing tomorrow ..... 50s next week.  Fairly busy meeting schedule today.  Six meetings on the schedule.  Need to check on my germination trays today.  Grocery run late this afternoon.  Our grandkids will be here this weekend.  Be safe, be blessed and be good.  

Good morning. The sun is shining with a 4” blanket of snow on the ground. It’s nice to have some moisture for the trees and plants. My heart goes out to those people in Texas w/out power in the cold temps. Looks like another quiet day though I plan on scooping up some snow onto a few potted plants.

Enjoy your day and pay it forward. Be a blessing to someone else.

Good morning. It's 2 (-17c) on its way to 32 (0c).  My meeting schedule doesn't look too bad. Working today through late morning.  After that, headed out to get my wife a new phone and then over to pickup our grand daughter.  Not much else happening.  Waiting on my chinenses to germinate.  No more seed starting for another week.  Be safe and be good.  

Hopefully tank is sealed? Prep work done for re routing some pvc, hopefully only take me 2 hours to finish. Getting a new element for water heater and will try that, cold water sucks but better than no water. fealing a little overwelmed. It sucks everything is judged by money. we are very very blessed but it still can get hard. Starting to feel pretty stale need to get out of this funk. God will provide and show me what needs to be done. Have a wonderful day, bless up and good morning.

Good morning. Happy Friday. We got another couple inches of snow but are still way behind the norm for the season. Nothing too much planned for today. Sic - sending heartfelt wishes. ❤️

Have a wonderful day and stay safe. Find the blessings you have been given.

Thank you so much Catherine. Everything got fixed besides water heater, replaced elements but waiting for wires to dry before turning on and testing,lol. Nothing important going on today, everything seems really messed up. Wife has really had a hard time the last year. This corona has messed with lots of people. I dont know anyone anymore. Starting to get real fed up with everyone and everything. Moving and leaving is really starting to seem like the only smart idea left. Yall have a great day and good morning.

Good morning.  It's 13 (-11c) on its way to 39 (4c).  Heatwave!  Now everything turns into mud.  Sic .... I'm right there with you brother.  I have limited tolerance for all of the BS that's going on these days. The grandkids will be here all day/night.  I'm going to watch some futbol then work in the germination room.  Be safe, be blessed and be good.  

Good morning. We’re soon off to take a friend shopping at Costco and Sam’s Club. It will be nice to see her and see how life is treating her. I agree totally about this pandemic and it’s effects on so many people. I’m tired of hearing the statistics about the testing, vaccines, etc. There must be better news to share. Sic - when/where are you moving? Blessings to you and your wife.

Time for some good days ahead. Be happy and share your talents. S.M.IL.E.

Back