• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning.  It's 36 (2c) on its way to 69 (21c).  Already got the walk in.  Will spend the morning in the grow room.  The grandkids are here.  After we take the grandson home, we're headed to downtown Kansas City to get some seed potatoes and to make a stop at our favorite butcher for some steaks and pork chops.  Not much else is happening.  Grilling and beverages this evening.  Be safe and be good.  

Happy birthday Harry! Bike ride when it warms up a bit.  Few chores this afternoon and thats it. Watch movies this evening. Yall have a terrific day, bless up and good morniong.

Good morning.  Thanks for the birthday wishes .... it's just another day for an old man.  It's 39 (4c) on its way to 68 (20c).  Spending the morning in the grow room and the afternoon in the garden.  I might get a walk in.  Not much else happening.  The grand daughter and my wife say they have movies to watch.  Grilling pork chops and maybe having a few beverages this evening.  Be safe and be good.  

Good morning. We bought a couple of wind spinners at Costco yesterday, and gave one to my neighbor who is going through chemo right now. She is looking forward to being out in the garden when she’s feeling 100%. Nothing on today’s docket except for a bit of landscape cleaning. We still have ice in the shadows of a garden that should melt this warm week.

Happy Birthday, Harry. Enjoy your special day with wonderful family and spirits.

Stay healthy and S.M.I.L.E.

Good morning.  It's 43 (6c) on its way to 71 (22c).  Warm and windy.  The nice WX is with us for most of the week. The forecast is saying that we'll be back to "normal winter" by the weekend.  Moderate meeting schedule today.  Thanks to everyone for the kind birthday wishes.  Got the barn swept out yesterday and that's about it.  Received a call from the local Health Department .... I've now got an appointment for the COVID vaccine next week.  Later this afternoon, it's back to transplanting.  We've got at least 2 hours of work ahead of us.  We're not starting anymore seeds.  We know we've got several varieties that did not germinate .... but it is what it is. We'll have over 400 plants (between the peppers and tomatoes) and we're running out of nursery pots :rolleyes: .  Be safe, be blessed and be good.  

Yay!  I haven't heard boo from my health dept. after signing up over a month ago. I guess they are too busy vaccinating inmates and meat packing plant workers ahead of those who work with the public all day. Ah well. I guess I better start narrowing down my annuum and tomato list and get ready to sow them this weekend.

Harry_Dangler said:
Received a call from the local Health Department .... I've now got an appointment for the COVID vaccine next week.  Later this afternoon, it's back to transplanting.

Good morning. Warmer weather here, nice to enjoy weeding for a few days. I removed the leaves from the small garlic patch and see a few sprouts so there’s hope for a good garlic harvest. Lots more weeding and cleanup.

“Thanks for the birthday wishes .... it's just another day for an old man.” - not.

We’re taking my friend for x-rays this AM. More cleanup if Mother Nature provides some sun. Then transplanting a few annuums.

Have a spectacular day. Stay healthy, wear those masks, remember those less fortunate.

Good morning.  It's 52 (11c) on its way to 75 (24c).  Gusty winds from the southwest.  Moderate meeting schedule today.  My wife has been out in the garden and cleaning up the landscaping the last few days.  I need her to get out the old farm truck out of the barn and to drive it around the property to make sure it's good to go for the gardening season.  Not much else happening.  Didn't get to the transplanting yesterday .... I'll have to do it today.  Be safe and be good.    

Wife is at the stables and Im going to go on a bike ride in a bit. Weed eated the entire property of stables yesterday, took 3 hours but a lot had been neglected. Also planted some trees for them. Ill get there property in shape within the month. Chores around the farm this afternoon. Hope everyone has a great day and good morning.

Good morning. Dr. appt. this AM then watching the dogs as my neighbor begins chemo again. I hope to keep them out for a little more time since the weather is warmer. Snow is predicted for Friday. I transplanted the rest of the annuums yesterday and saw evidence of gnats again on a few seedlings. Hopefully the Bt will help.

I hope you have a wonderful day. Stay hydrated and healthy.

Good morning.  It's 62 (17c) on its way to 75 (24c).  It's unseasonably warm and super windy. The forecast is for strong T Storms with hail and damaging winds possible tonight.  Totally crazy WX. 

Got half of the transplanting done last evening.  We'll finish the rest this evening.  We've almost got everything potted up that's going to get potted.  The tomatoes are growing like weeds.  Some are already 4" tall.  My wife has been working on cleaning up the landscaping for the past few days.  It's starting to come together.  Just thinking .... in 6 weeks or so, it will be time for mowing, morel mushroom hunting and crappie fishing!   

My wife says the old truck wouldn't start .... most likely a dead battery .... I've got it on the charger ..... we'll see what happens.

Waiting on the last of my potatoes to arrive.  I would like to get them in the ground in a couple of weeks.  

Not much else is happening.  Be safe and be good.  

Good morning. Mother Nature surprised with 2” of snow this AM. I thought I had one more day to work on the yard before the storm coming on Friday. Saw a few more garlic sprouts and lots of hardy weeds in the flowers. We drove by the burn area close to our neighborhood and saw lots of tiny green, probably hardy grasses, covering some of the area. Spring is surely on its way.

Have a wonderful day and stay healthy. Sounds like Harry is going to be very busy in their gardens this year

Good morning it's 42 (6c) on its way to 55 (13c).  Cooler temperatures are on the way.  We had severe thunder storms and torrential rain for most of the night.  I've got a full work schedule today.  There are no openings on my calendar.  It's a very busy time at work.  Last evening, we got everything potted up that was ready. We've only got 3 small trays of tomatoes left to pot.  We're running out of soil and pots ....   :banghead: .  I need to make a run to the HD this evening to pickup a few things.  My wife has been doing a good job getting the landscaping and garden cleaned up and ready to go.  Not sure what she's got going on today.  That's about it.  Be safe and be good.  

Good morning. Sunny and cooler, I’m hoping to pull a few weeds before the next snow. I saw the storm in Harry’s neck of the woods that dumped lots of rain. Lucky for you. I’ll be happy with any moisture. I’m taking a friend to the garage this AM to have them check steering in his other car. He’s a fanatic about his vehicles. Harry - I understand how you ran out of pots and soil - I should send you all my extra McDs and Chick Fil A cups a friend saves for me (!). She goes through so many I have to recycle a few!

Have a wonderful day and stay healthy. Remember those less fortunate.

Good morning.  It's 42 (6c)  on its way to 46 (8c).  The weekend looks to be a washout for outside activities. Rain is forecasted for today through Monday.  I've got a busy office schedule until mid afternoon.  Then it's off to run a few errands in the town 25 miles to the west of here. I found another stash of pots in the grow room .... I've got plenty now :party: .  I do need to pick up one more bag of soil for transplanting.  I went through four 2 cu feet bags this year, one 3 cu foot bag of coir and one giant bag of perlite :lol: .  Grilling and beverages this evening.  Watching hockey tonight.  Be safe, be blessed and be good.  

Its 57 headed to 82. Bike rides this morning then we are headed to neighbours to fix some fence from our stupid horse and weed eat her yard. She also wants us to walk her property line re stapling any loose wires, not sure if well do that today. Wish yall were closer I have thousands of buckets. If your ever this way ill hook you up,lol. Im sure some chores around here need to be done also. Have a fantastic day and good morning.

Back