• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning. Harry, it sounds like your garden is off to a great start. My garden plans aren’t even close, I’m hoping to sow tomato seeds next week as I’m through with leggy plants. Our weather has its own schedule and doesn’t always fit in with my plans. We have to assemble layettes next week, so I need to organize many of the articles that go into each one. We get sporadic donations of stuff and many just don’t fit what a baby would need. Time to cull out, something I’ve been avoiding too long.

Have a wonderful day. Take time for yourself.

Good morning.  It's 28 (-2c) on its way to 65 (18c).  Decent WX for the next few days.  Light meeting schedule today.  Working until mid afternoon then shutting down to run a few errands.  Grilling and beverages this evening.  Got at least a dozen small projects to do this weekend (a few inside but most outside).  Hopefully I get the old truck running too.  We'll be busy.  Be safe and be good.  

Bike ride then 2 small jobs. Chores this afternoon/evening. Had a nice salad this morning, everything but a cucumber we grew including some beets from Jane. Wife is at the stables so its just a lonely quiet morning. Have a wonderful day and good morning.

Good morning. It’s cloudy, waiting and hoping for rain. The CG is still covered with snow and I’d like to fertilize the garlic a bit before it snows again. Broccoli is just beginning to sprout on the windowsill, the peppers are coming along OK with fewer bugs, and the tomatoes will be planted next week. I worked on the layette donations for 2 hours yesterday and need to box up what I don’t want to use. People have been too generous .

Have a wonderful day and stay healthy. Thanks for letting us know your garden is a great one, Sic.

Garden is going good for sure. Been up since 2, ugh! Starting in on chores wish I would have started earlier but I was hoping I would get more sleep. I watched Something About Marry Instead. Bike ride in a few hours then chores the rest of the day. Have a great day and good morning.

Good morning.  It's 50 (10c) on its way to 63 (17c).  Got a bunch of chores completed yesterday.  Got the old truck running too.  It will be a busy morning (still more chores) and we're having the MIL's funeral this afternoon.  I guess we're burying the urn.  Other than that, there's not much else happening.  I have to mow tomorrow.  It is rare for us to have to mow in March.  Grlling and beverages this evening. Be safe, be blessed and be good.  S.M.I.L.E.

Good morning. It looks like a warmer few days ahead to melt some snow. Spring fever is setting in and I’m itching to weed and get rid of winter kill. Nothing much green except for a few dandelions and hardy weeds. Today is a friends birthday so we will take a trip and deliver some sort of cake and a card. Nothing else is planned.

Have a great weekend and enjoy the earth and its bounties.

Good morning.  It's 36 (2c) on it's way to 63 (17c).  Lots of chores today.  Today I need to mow, trim, burn off the brush piles, plant beets and work on the screened in porch sound system (it doesn't work for some reason).  Later this afternoon, I need to do some office paperwork. Not much else happening.  Beef roast this evening.  Be safe and be good.  

Good morning. Sic- I’ll send you some snow to cool off - 90* temps are too warm for me right now. Yesterday I raked the heavy wet leaves from the garlic at the CG. Most of the leaves had broken down to compostable stuff so I’ll use that later. The garlic was happy to see sunshine. Cleaned a bit of winter kill on the edges of the garden, but it’s still too wet to walk on. My friend had a wonderful birthday with way too many cakes. One more birthday this crazy month. I’m looking forward to chores for the next couple of days, so nice to be in the sun.

Have a wonderful day and enjoy the earth. Stay safe.

Good morning.  It's 45 (7c) on its way to 70 (21c).  The forecast is for high winds and we're under a Red Flag Fire Warning.  It was a very productive weekend.  Completed a lot of chores (some off them were on the "to do" list for several years).  The garden is in with the exception of the tomatoes, peppers and Mexican Gherkins.  Moderate meeting schedule.  Not much else is happening.  Be safe, be blessed and be good.  

Need some rain or Im not going to have much work this week. Family in TN are flooding. Chores and chilling today. Have lots of stuff to do. Bike room needs to be cleaned up  and room in barn needs a total re haul. Have a great day and good morning.

Good morning. Sunny and windy before a cold front coming through, helping March 2021 enter the list of months with the most precipitation. Garden chores ahead for the day plus more layette organizing. We have pesky birds waking me early in the AM, pecking at the house to get insects, I presume. We now have holes on one side of the house that will hopefully be fixed soon. We have been on this guys “fixing list” for almost a year. He’s very good, slow, and meticulous. I just can’t stand the noise.

Have a great day and stay safe.

Good morning.  It's 56 (13c) on its way to nowhere.  Busy work schedule today.  Not sure what else we've got going on.  I do need to water the plants in the grow room later this afternoon.  Catherine .... sometimes we have Flickers that peck on our metal chimney cap.  Very annoying.  I hear it's called drumming.  Be safe and be good.  

Good morning. We have snow to end our beautiful month of March. Yesterday the temp was 74, it is now 24. Spring is around the corner. Luckily I cleaned up the CG rhubarb winter kill plus other stuff when the weather was warm. The flickers have been drumming on the chimney most of this season and we now have a pair of wrens making smaller holes. Beautiful nature. It looks like a day for baking.

Have a wonderful day and stay safe. Sic-glad you got rain, not flooding.

Good morning.  It's 38 (3c) on its way to 48 (9c).  Another cold and gray day.  Freeze forecasted for tomorrow night.  Looking ahead to Friday, the WX forecast is fabulous.  70s/80s for at least a week.  It's going to be a busy day.  Program Reviews this morning followed by meetings at the office this afternoon.  Need to stop by the big-box store on the way back home.  Not much else going on.  Waiting for plant out day!  Be safe and be good.    

Good morning. The sun’s out and yesterday’s snow has melted. I need to get stuff ready for tomato seed planting. Our plant out date won’t be for another 6-8 weeks. The peppers are looking good and may get some real sunshine this weekend.

Have a beautiful day and share your blessings. S.M.I.L.E.

Good morning.  It's 27 (-3c) on its way to 52 (11c).  Cold and raw day ahead of us.  Very busy work schedule.  Not sure what else we've got going on today.  Working on the project plan for the weekend.  We'll have the grandkids ..... so nothing too complex.  Maybe I'll try to knock out some of the smaller jobs.  The WX should be nice.  Be safe, be blessed and be good.  

Back